U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 05:45 PM

28,165 posts, read 60,907,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
If only someone could figure out how to instill a passion for learning in every student regardless of their home environment.
If only there were other viable life paths available for those who don't exercise a passion for learning.
Like your parents and grandparents had.

Quote:
I don't know if it was great teachers at an early age, or just something in my own heart.
I wish I knew because I'd gladly share my secret if I understood it.
That's close enough.
The conflict is when your sort of exceptional experience is set out as the new par expectation.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,315,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
If only there were other viable life paths available for those who don't exercise a passion for learning.
Like your parents and grandparents had.

That's close enough.
The conflict is when your sort of exceptional experience is set out as the new par expectation.
There are many different viable life paths, but most require at least a good foundation of language and math skills, and a strong work ethic. It's the kids who just don't care about learning anything at all, who put forth practically no effort into any classes whatsoever, who, sadly, are destroying their own future.

I have often said if I could have one wish granted, it would be that all children truly understood the importance of the educational opportunities they are given.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:32 AM

5,739 posts, read 8,481,759 times
Culture drives those gaps and they won't get better without cultural change.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:49 AM

28,165 posts, read 60,907,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
...it would be that all children truly understood the importance
of the educational opportunities they are given.
That can be achieved... but it will require far fewer children being born into the other sort of home.

ftr: the reference to "other viable life paths" above? They don't exist any longer.
And the slots available in the more academic life path choices? They're retrenching rapidly.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 AM

1,115 posts, read 386,674 times
The gap will only be eliminated when intermarriage blurs all racial distinctions.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:30 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,302,987 times
People are as different as fingerprints. No two are the same, no two learn at the same rate, no two are of equal intelligence regardless of the scale used to grade intelligence.

The world loses track of that fact.

The fallacy begins at birth, the assumption that each baby is a block of wood that can be feed into different tools to turn out the exact finished product.

Can the gaps be closed..... absolutely!

Can the gaps be eliminated.... nope!

petoroi stated it very well! (I did make one little change.)

"Total equality of results...probably impossible.

Improvement in situation...very possible."

Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM

115 posts, read 3,895 times
There are racial differences in intelligence that can never be eliminated. Asians excel in visuospatial ability, Ashkenazi Jews excel in verbal ability. The former explains Indian, Chinese and Korean dominance in math and engineering, the latter in law and humanities professions. The gap between white and black students is no more able to be eliminated than the gap between the children of physics laureates and the children of janitors.

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,005,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Grievance View Post
There are racial differences in intelligence that can never be eliminated. Asians excel in visuospatial ability, Ashkenazi Jews excel in verbal ability. The former explains Indian, Chinese and Korean dominance in math and engineering, the latter in law and humanities professions. The gap between white and black students is no more able to be eliminated than the gap between the children of physics laureates and the children of janitors.
Sure, and being sabotaged by White teachers that act like there is something wrong with you if you are not as dumb and obedient as they expect is irrelevant.

Some nun told me, "You will get into a good high school but you won't do well."

I got straight A's in math and straight D's in religion. I refused to be a patrol boy that she ordered me to do.

The only reason I trust White people to tell me the time of day is that it is so easy to check. Black Americans should concentrate on science and technology and trash European history and Christianity.

What I find amusing is that you palefaces do not make double-entry accounting mandatory in your schools even though it was invented in Italy 700 years ago. The dumb poor White people are supposed to be kept dumb and poor also. LOL

Listen to Trump talk about taxes and jobs for coal miners. Get more black lung. LOL

And don't forget that your White economists do not say much about Planned Obsolescence and how much most of you lose on the Depreciation of cars and TVs and other Durable Consumer Goods.

Economic Wargames

Of course that cannot possibly be correct since it was written by a Black man with low intelligence.

Last edited by psikeyhackr; Yesterday at 04:33 PM..

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

7,945 posts, read 8,790,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikeyhackr View Post
Sure, and being sabotaged by White teachers that act like there is something wrong with you if you are not as dumb and obedient as they expect is irrelevant.

Some nun told me, "You will get into a good high school but you won't do well."

I got straight A's in math and straight D's in religion. I refused to be a patrol boy that she ordered me to do.

The only reason I trust White people to tell me the time of day is that it is so easy to check. Black Americans should concentrate on science and technology and trash European history and Christianity.

What I find amusing is that you palefaces do not make double-entry accounting mandatory in your schools even though it was invented in Italy 700 years ago. The dumb poor White people are supposed to be kept dumb and poor also. LOL

Listen to Trump talk about taxes and jobs for coal miners. Get more black lung. LOL

And don't forget that your White economists do not say much about Planned Obsolescence and how much most of you lose on the Depreciation of cars and TVs and other Durable Consumer Goods.

Economic Wargames

Of course that cannot possibly be correct since it was written by a Black man with low intelligence.
I'm pretty sure the Dal Timgar author in your link isn't black or even real.

Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

242 posts, read 465,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Culture drives those gaps and they won't get better without cultural change.
In some quarters your comment would considered racist and culturally imperialist. That's how bad things have gotten. I agree with you however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or