Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus903 View Post
Again, telling me to stop acting like a 2nd grader is not helping at all. What you're saying is an expectation, not a absolute fact.
So if you act in an immature fashion you should be expected to be treated at that level. Your choice that you act that way, not the teacher's.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:39 PM

12 posts, read 26,296 times
What I do not understand is that you say at first that your post is based on a few teachers but it comes off as if you are talking about everyone. Sorry if people call it out like they are see it.

As for the 2nd grader comment, you have to be able to accept constructive criticism as well. Instead of going to your teachers with these concerns and talking to them about it, you come onto an internet forum and just bash them. That begs the question of what kind of person does that. Come with solutions and not problems. If you do not want people to tell you to "grow up" then maybe you should step up to the plate. This kind of behavior is typical of teenagers nowadays. They are all "grown" until they are getting criticized or corrected for something they may have done wrong and then all of a sudden they are not young adults, they are kids, immature, and not ready to deal and these are the words that I have heard not mine. If you do not want the criticism or the posts that come with this, then maybe you should not put yourself out there.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:51 PM

I remember you now. You're the kid that was on here a few days ago asking if he should start applying for college in 10th grade. When pressed, you admitted that you've yet to take the PSAT, SAT or ACT. Nor have you posed the question to your school's Counselors. But that admission only came after you implied that you had asked them and they refused to answer.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:40 PM

173 posts, read 353,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I remember you now. You're the kid that was on here a few days ago asking if he should start applying for college in 10th grade. When pressed, you admitted that you've yet to take the PSAT, SAT or ACT. Nor have you posed the question to your school's Counselors. But that admission only came after you implied that you had asked them and they refused to answer.
They didn't 'refuse' to answer, I just haven't asked them yet.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:52 PM

173 posts, read 353,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So if you act in an immature fashion you should be expected to be treated at that level. Your choice that you act that way, not the teacher's.
No. I'm saying that just because someone is in 10th grade doesn't mean they act mature. It's just an expectation.

But the teacher's reaction to a student making the slightest mistake is the problem I am having. It's okay to correct them, but what if they didn't know that X is against the rules?

Also, some of you are not giving me 'constructive criticism'. Instead, you guys are just calling me immature, which is not constructive critisicm.

I have teachers who whined about their students' behavior, are they immature because of the fact they can't learn to deal with it themselves?

So if the statement above isn't immature, then what makes doing the opposite immature?

Like I said, I've only encountered a few teachers who does this. This isn't directed at every teacher in the world nor the country. I may have gone a little bit too overboard with this rant, making it seem that everyone does it.

Also, the only 'authority' teachers should have is telling us how to behave, and giving us our education. The other rights are the same rights as children. They can disagree with the actions that their students does, they can freely express their feelings with the students. While the students can disagree with the actions and decisions that their teachers make, and they can expess their feelings about the teachers.

But the rights stating that they can use a cell phone during classtime just needs to go.

Remember, this is just an opinion. It's not a fact.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
They didn't 'refuse' to answer, I just haven't asked them yet.
Not what you said here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/23140487-post4.html

It was only here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23140735-post7.html

that you admitted you hadn't asked them.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:59 PM

36 posts, read 57,963 times
Quote:
Like I said, I've only encountered a few teachers who does this. This isn't directed at every teacher in the world nor the country. I may have gone a little bit too overboard with this rant, making it seem that everyone does it.
You're not generalizing, and you've been mostly unscathed by your teachers. I'm afraid I don't really see your main purpose with this thread.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:28 PM

503 posts, read 807,322 times
Quote:
The point of this thread was to dictate how teachers should treat their students.
Sorry. You don't get to dictate anything.

This single statement alone debases the entire thread.

Get back to me when you have some real responsibility in the world.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Individual students are treated individually, dependent upon how they conduct themselves. Just like, you know...people everywhere. This is not rocket science.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:19 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Closed for mod review.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education