Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:42 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times

Advertisements

Whom ever did that hair cut is an amazing artist, WOW!!

I know many have said to save the suspensions for the "big" things but you know what, if you manage the small things, they don't turn into big things. Also, I am sure there is more to this story than is in this short, short story in the press....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 05:12 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
People just do not like anything differnt. If they start letting children dipict fictional images, soon they will show advertisments on childrens heads. It is a real annoying thing. During the late 1980's and early 1990's we had curse words cut into our heads. I think it is the same stupid rule.

Basically boys are trained to be future human sheilds not rift-raft gumming up side walks. Everybody hates everything differnt, and we whine about everything differnt. Like how parents complain about the slightest problems.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
That is far more than just a "haircut"...it's an art picture on the back of his head and most definitely would be distracting.

It's one of those things where if the code says distracting hair styles are unacceptable, then they knew what would happen (especially since mom is a teacher!). So if they have a problem with the dress code, then they should work to change it.

Considering they got free tickets...it could very well have been a stunt pulled just to see what they could get.
Exactly what my husband thought!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Did you live in San Antonio? In the early 70s all the gorgeous long hair guys used to do the wig thing and take they wigs off when they were leaving school with the wig in their back pocket and their hair flowing in the breeze.
Nope!
Western PA... but the same thing happened here!

Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Boys couldn't have long hair in my school plus if you came to school in a mini skirt (popular in the day), the assistant vice principal (a woman) would rip out the hem if it was x inches above the knee and make you sit in the office until one of your parents came to school with an appropriate length skirt or dress you could change into. If the parent did not come to school, you sat in the office all of that day and you were suspended until a parent came back to school with you.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:36 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,226,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Did you live in San Antonio? In the early 70s all the gorgeous long hair guys used to do the wig thing and take they wigs off when they were leaving school with the wig in their back pocket and their hair flowing in the breeze.
Yes, I remember it well. Although nobody I mention it to in the rest of the country believes me.

(Holmes H.S., 1975)

Old 09-09-2012, 09:50 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I find this story very disturbing. Remember the huge out-in-space afros, the mohawks and the vomit-inducing Bieber mop? Did anybody get suspended over one of those haircuts?

could an exceptionally beautiful kid be suspended for being a distraction? or an exceptionally unattractive kid? flashing shoes, short shorts, and on and on it goes. I think the haircut is beautiful and he was brave to get it. Glad he and his family were rewarded by his favorite team.

Haircut depicting NBA's Matt Bonner earns Patrick Gonzalez, 12, a suspension - CBS News
Another news article that doesn't give both sides of the story. Are there any hair rules in the school?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
I think that is silly. Yes, the haircut was probably distracting to the kids - for a day or two at most. After that it is old news. Suspension seems extreme to me.
Frankly I's more impressed at the artistry of whoever cut it!

Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
That mexican culture needs to STAY in medeco

Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Cool hair cut, really cool. But yeah, it's a distraction of major proportion in a middle school. Enough so that I would have told the parents that they had the option of having him placed in the the back of every class and out of the common areas for the rest of the day or they could pick him up on the first day he showed up with it. And they would be told that he couldn't come back with it. His mother is a teacher - she should have known better and that aspect of this story bothers me more than any thing else. He can express himself in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
I know many have said to save the suspensions for the "big" things but you know what, if you manage the small things, they don't turn into big things. Also, I am sure there is more to this story than is in this short, short story in the press....
This in bold. Totally awesome hair cut though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education