Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
IB was not under attack when this was put up on youtube. It was put up by a parent who loved it.

They are reciting the Gettysburg Address with the Battle Hymn of the Republic in the background. This had nothing to do with showing anyone else how great IB was. It was the end of the year project that was presented for us, the parents and families.

The children have never been rallied to save IB either.
And you, Nana, posted it here where I am "attacking" IB. That's what IB supporters do. I will not be trapped into criticizing children.

Did you read any of the links I posted for you from the former Pearland resident?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,038 times
No way would I think about doing away with IB. My son graduated from the IB High School program. He was actively recruited by several top universities. He finished at Georgetown Law, with a degree in International Law. He currently works for a Canadian owned Corporation, he was just transferred to Edinburgh, Scotland. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. The US has to live with the rest of the world. It does not make the students any "less American" or less patriotic.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
No way would I think about doing away with IB. My son graduated from the IB High School program. He was actively recruited by several top universities. He finished at Georgetown Law, with a degree in International Law. He currently works for a Canadian owned Corporation, he was just transferred to Edinburgh, Scotland. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. The US has to live with the rest of the world. It does not make the students any "less American" or less patriotic.
A degree in International Law. Great. And do you believe International Law supersedes our Constitution and American sovereignty?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Zimbochick,

No, no .... I get an A+!
Oh for pity's sake.......run for your lives, it's a New World Order!

Alex, I'll have Conspiracy Theories for $500 please?

Ayers, Duncan, Bellamy, and even the glorious source The World Net Daily all in one link, that's a doozie!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-26-2012 at 06:42 AM..

Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
A degree in International Law. Great. And do you believe International Law supersedes our Constitution and American sovereignty?
You have got to be joking? Right?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,038 times
Default well

Quote:

Do you really believe there is a "Star Chamber"???

Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Do you really believe there is a "Star Chamber"???
Never heard of a "Star Chamber". I do know of the Bilderberg Group. and BRIC.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh for pity's sake.......run for your lives, it's a New World Order!

Alex, I'll have Conspiracy Theories for $500 please?

Ayers, Duncan, Bellamy, and even the glorious source The World Net Daily all in one link, that's a doozie!
You can mock and ignore hard facts if it makes you feel better. I merely show the truth. Debunk my verifiable links and then I would be happy to laugh, too.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Never heard of a "Star Chamber". I do know of the Bilderberg Group. and BRIC.
Haha, I called it. And here we have "The New World Order" conspiracy theory.

OP it's one thing to believe the curriculum of IB is a little too liberal, as some of the posters here have stated. But bringing all this crazy talk into the discussion reflects poorly.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Haha, I called it. And here we have "The New World Order" conspiracy theory.

OP it's one thing to believe the curriculum of IB is a little too liberal, as some of the posters here have stated. But bringing all this crazy talk into the discussion reflects poorly.
And De Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

IB is big on promoting "global citizenship". If you can stop giggling for a moment, why don't you define "global citizenship" for me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education