Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaParty™ View Post
Red herring. We have always learned about other cultures.. that won't stop... and it's NOT what IB is about.

IB has ONE mission, to spread the word about world government being the next step for all countries. America is the last bastion and we won't go down without a fight.

Having said that, I was asked to sign that as part of my contract "I pledge to teach the mission of world government".

'Splain that one!

PS - I refused and told them to shove it up their communist behinds.
1) Please don't tell me that you are a teacher?
2) Worthless statement without proof.

Quote:
Only people like Dew are not really funny.. it is proof of how we have gotten to this point in this country thanks to people like them who don't give a rat's behind about their children and what they will leave them with.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:25 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,158,797 times
Quote:
Only people like Dew are not really funny.. it is proof of how we have gotten to this point in this country thanks to people like them who don't give a rat's behind about their children and what they will leave them with.
Well, in fairness, I'm sure people like DewDropIn believe that what they believe is best for their children and grandchildren. I don't think Progressives are inherently evil and malicious, just seriously misguided and close-minded, something they accuse Constitutional Conservatives/Libertarians of being. It's really rather ironic, that all of the incidents of racism, violence and hate crimes all seem to be committed by members of the "peace-loving" Left.

Wait for it .....................TIMOTHY MCVEIGH ........................... their ONE attribution of domestic terror to the Right.

To which I counter (in order to stay on topic) IB DIPLOMA GRADUATE THE CHRISTMAS DAY UNDERWEAR BOMBER!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
IB has a feature I know totalitarians like yourself will love -- respect for SHARIAH LAW.
I hope you're not gay....
Wouldn't you like to know sweet cheeks!

Quote:
Red herring. We have always learned about other cultures.. that won't stop... and it's NOT what IB is about.

IB has ONE mission, to spread the word about world government being the next step for all countries. America is the last bastion and we won't go down without a fight.

Having said that, I was asked to sign that as part of my contract "I pledge to teach the mission of world government".

'Splain that one!

PS - I refused and told them to shove it up their communist behinds.
So let's back up a bit. You are saying UNESCO has been trying to "take over the world" since the 1950s. IB was created in the 60's as a not-so-secret, not-so-clandestine wing of UNESCO to help them "take over the world"?

Since we are talking 60 years here, either:

a) They are really crap at their attempts to "take over the world",

or

b) They actually aren't really trying to "take over the world", they are just offering an international education curriculum.

Hmmmmm, I wonder which of these makes the most sense to earthlings?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM

30 posts, read 45,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
1) Please don't tell me that you are a teacher?
2) Worthless statement without proof.
Yes I am a teacher.
And yes, I knew you would be in denial about that.. but since the other 80 teachers in my building got the same thing on THEIR contracts, it's true. And even the union advised us not to sign it. (I knew not to right away of course... the others had no idea what it meant)

Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 PM

30 posts, read 45,532 times
Quote:
Wouldn't you like to know sweet cheeks!

So let's back up a bit. You are saying UNESCO has been trying to "take over the world" since the 1950s. IB was created in the 60's as a not-so-secret, not-so-clandestine wing of UNESCO to help them "take over the world"?

or

b) They actually aren't really trying to "take over the world", they are just offering an international education curriculum.

Judging from the CRAP I was asked to do, I'd say they've almost completed their nasty mission...

Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:

or

IB is based on the 1948 philosophy and pedagogy of Marie Therese Maurette, also referred to as The Mother of IB. I'm willing to go with a) They are really crap at their attempts, however they have made significant headway since 2002 when George W. Bush rejoined the U.S. with UNESCO. Even Clinton wasn't stupid enough to do that and it was Ronald Reagan who withdrew the U.S. from UNESCO because of its anti-American policies. Check the growth rate of IB in the U.S. since 2002 - you will see that is when they really started ramping up the process. Even so, they still remain a fringe organization with little credibility but like early stage cancer, a strident and persistent smack-down is necessary to keep them from corrupting our youth.

“He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.” ~Adolph Hitler

Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
She was an excellent teacher for 35 years and one heckuva guitar player, too! This is a more recent and IB specific agreement that was distributed to the teachers in Ozark, MO:

Key phrases: Support the program, Internationalmindedness and Integrate TOK in all lessons
Cool, love the guitar. I must be missing something, and my grasp of the Queen's English is pretty darned good, but I'm not seeing the hidden messages. Must need some special glasses or something?

Quote:
Yes I am a teacher.
And yes, I knew you would be in denial about that.. but since the other 80 teachers in my building got the same thing on THEIR contracts, it's true. And even the union advised us not to sign it. (I knew not to right away of course... the others had no idea what it meant)
Aah, well if you say so, it must be true then......

Quote:
Judging from the CRAP I was asked to do, I'd say they've almost completed their nasty mission...
So are they going to take out an ad in the NYT to make the announcement, or one of those planes that drags adverts? How are we going to know it's Mission Accomplished? Maybe they'll announce it during the American Idol finale, that seems to draw a crowd.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
So are they going to take out an ad in the NYT to make the announcement, or one of those planes that drags adverts? How are we going to know it's Mission Accomplished? Maybe they'll announce it during the American Idol finale, that seems to draw a crowd.
No silly! Just follow their Twitter feeds! IB and UNESCO LOVE Twitter!

Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,836,530 times
Quote:
Yes the Hexagon should be Pentagon... TOK is the Bertrand Russell effect and 'international-mindedness' is not about speaking French but being of the mind that there is a "higher authority" than your own constitution. We have that somewhere in print, if you could dig it up ONY
Theory of Knowledge is a philosophical concept. It analyzes three things: What is knowledge? Where do we get our knowledge? and How do we justify our beliefs?

It seems to me that this requires a lot of critical thinking and searching for answers. Not a bad thing, imo.

As for the international mindedness being of the mind that there is a *higher authority* than the Constitution, I thought that was what the Fundamentalist Christians (and some others) are all about. After all, they believe that they know what God wants and damn it if the Constitution says we need to have freedom of religion, then they are hell bent on destroying that. These are the folks who think we need to put their religious definitions of marriage in our laws despite the fact that everyone does not agree.

I really don't get why you think that people in general and children in particular should not be passionate and active about solving problems. It starts with problems in our own communities, then rises to the town or city then to the state then to our country and finally to the world. We tackle problems locally, city-wide and then globally. Individuals, believe it or not can make a difference in the world.

Eric Estroff, 15, delivers meals to the homebound. Miranda Lynch, 15, worked with the Atlanta Community Food Bank, The Kidney Foundation and helped raise money to help rebuild homes in Mississippi destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. Matalia Hill, 17, volunteers with Dream Makers Youth Foundation, which provides educational and recreational services to special-needs children and teens. Emily Huff, 11, started her own company with the proceeds going to Ronald McDonald House.

There are a lot of kids doing something good in the world. There is nothing wrong with being taught that you can and should make a difference.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:59 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,072,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Theory of Knowledge is a philosophical concept. It analyzes three things: What is knowledge? Where do we get our knowledge? and How do we justify our beliefs?

It seems to me that this requires a lot of critical thinking and searching for answers. Not a bad thing, imo.

As for the international mindedness being of the mind that there is a *higher authority* than the Constitution, I thought that was what the Fundamentalist Christians (and some others) are all about. After all, they believe that they know what God wants and damn it if the Constitution says we need to have freedom of religion, then they are hell bent on destroying that. These are the folks who think we need to put their religious definitions of marriage in our laws despite the fact that everyone does not agree.

I really don't get why you think that people in general and children in particular should not be passionate and active about solving problems. It starts with problems in our own communities, then rises to the town or city then to the state then to our country and finally to the world. We tackle problems locally, city-wide and then globally. Individuals, believe it or not can make a difference in the world.

Eric Estroff, 15, delivers meals to the homebound. Miranda Lynch, 15, worked with the Atlanta Community Food Bank, The Kidney Foundation and helped raise money to help rebuild homes in Mississippi destroyed during Hurricane Katrina. Matalia Hill, 17, volunteers with Dream Makers Youth Foundation, which provides educational and recreational services to special-needs children and teens. Emily Huff, 11, started her own company with the proceeds going to Ronald McDonald House.

There are a lot of kids doing something good in the world. There is nothing wrong with being taught that you can and should make a difference.

You really like to stereotype don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.