U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-26-2013, 02:58 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,481,450 times
Reputation: 655

Advertisements

I've ran through some LSAT sample questions and figure I could pass with a minimal level of additional preparation. But, if I have no plans of ever enrolling in law school, is there anyway that a passing LSAT score could be used to boost my resume? Are there certifications or anything much less intensive than law school that would require the LSAT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,835 posts, read 41,902,030 times
Reputation: 43207
Unless you are planning on law school why bother? Seriously. I don't know of many employers who ask "What tests did you take?".

I took it many years ago and then decided not to go to law school. Tired of school and no money. I have had moments of regret about that decision. Like when answering you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
3,882 posts, read 3,557,908 times
Reputation: 7160
20 or 30 years down the road, when you're sitting on a bar stool, you can tell everyone within earshot that you aced the LSAT *like that* and you could've been a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,835 posts, read 41,902,030 times
Reputation: 43207
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
20 or 30 years down the road, when you're sitting on a bar stool, you can tell everyone within earshot that you aced the LSAT *like that* and you could've been a lawyer.
Yeah, there is that. In fact a couple of guys with whom I went to high school with and became lawyers and I were talking and my LSAT score was higher than theirs. They were...... upset would be the word. Especially since they were pre-law undergrad and I was education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,481,450 times
Reputation: 655
Just wondering. If there were some basic kinds of certification one could obtain requiring LSAT that wouldn't involve spending $100,000 in law school tuition that may be of value, I would be interested. Didn't think there was much if anything, just curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 04:44 PM
 
15,423 posts, read 13,423,441 times
Reputation: 20934
The LSAT is for law school admission. There is no reason to take it unless you are going to law school.

The LSAT is not a pass or fail exam, so you do not "pass" the LSAT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
 
15,423 posts, read 13,423,441 times
Reputation: 20934
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, there is that. In fact a couple of guys with whom I went to high school with and became lawyers and I were talking and my LSAT score was higher than theirs. They were...... upset would be the word. Especially since they were pre-law undergrad and I was education.
Everyone should know that a person's major has nothing to do with their LSAT score. So I do not see why anyone would be concerned about someone's LSAT score regardless of major.

Maybe they were upset because they thought they deserved the higher score due to them being lawyers.

I knew a guy in college who got a 177, he got accepted into a few t12 schools but did not go, he went into the Peace Corps, I think he was wanting to take a break between schooling, I have no idea if he ever went to law school or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 05:23 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
33,835 posts, read 41,902,030 times
Reputation: 43207
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Everyone should know that a person's major has nothing to do with their LSAT score. So I do not see why anyone would be concerned about someone's LSAT score regardless of major.

Maybe they were upset because they thought they deserved the higher score due to them being lawyers.

I knew a guy in college who got a 177, he got accepted into a few t12 schools but did not go, he went into the Peace Corps, I think he was wanting to take a break between schooling, I have no idea if he ever went to law school or not.
You got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
 
4,351 posts, read 3,221,167 times
Reputation: 7351
No
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Plano, TX
800 posts, read 1,942,442 times
Reputation: 678
If you want to earn extra money test tutoring at night ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top