Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:27 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,989,489 times

Advertisements

I am curious which reunion people think is most important, and why? The 10 year, 20 year, 30 year...etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 04:25 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Important? I doubt that any of them are important. I only went to my 30th and that was fun. I understand that the early ones are the worst when people are still caught up in old HS BS and trying to impress people with how good they look, how successful they are, etc. At my 30th we mostly talked about kids, jobs, travels, old classmates. Only a few people seemed to come with a strange "look at me!" mindset.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:31 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I am curious which reunion people think is most important, and why? The 10 year, 20 year, 30 year...etc.
For my class of 60, the first best was the 30th. Someone made a point of encouraging as many attend as possible and it was great.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:32 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,909,665 times
None. I never had any desire to go to one or to see the people from high school ever again.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:35 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,989,489 times
I went last night to my 20th, didn't go to my 10th. Out of a senior class of 600, there were over 200 people there. Great turnout and I'm glad I went.

When deciding to go, I thought - When I look back, if I didn't go I most likely will regret it. If I did go, I doubt I'd look back and regret going.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:38 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
If you're into that sort of thing, I would think all of them would be important. We don't know if we're going to be here for the "next" one, do we?

I've never had any desire to attend, but I do have one friend from h.s. - just spoke with her this afternoon. We chat a few times a year and since she lives in the old neighborhood, she catches me up on how many of our classmates have passed away.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:40 PM

455 posts, read 1,398,154 times
Social Networking has almost made reunions pointless. My class (2001) didn't even try and do a 10 year since we are all on Facebook.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:44 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,134,533 times
graduated in a small class~had 48 graduating seniors. went to my 25th, did kind of enjoy myself but really felt out of place. Went to the 45th, a lot of people reminded me of all the good times we had going here and doing that, places I never went. Did have a couple of people tell me they remembered me being different somehow. They actually remembered me closer to what I was. Guess being 5'2" and less than 90 lbs as a junior in school was different than the 6'1" and over 210 I was than. Didn't care to go to the 50th because there would only be about 3 people I'd care to see~ 2 are dead and the other was not going to be there.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:55 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
If you're into that sort of thing, I would think all of them would be important. We don't know if we're going to be here for the "next" one, do we?

I've never had any desire to attend, but I do have one friend from h.s. - just spoke with her this afternoon. We chat a few times a year and since she lives in the old neighborhood, she catches me up on how many of our classmates have passed away.
So strange... You've never had a desire to attend, but, you have an opinion about the rest of us who have attended reunions and what our reasons should be for attending. Don't you think that's hilarious? Seriously...

Old 08-18-2013, 05:38 PM

2,050 posts, read 5,943,292 times
I've been to all of mine (7 total~every five years), and chaired the planning or been a part of the planning of half of them. I like them, but I no longer live in the town, so I enjoy seeing the people from that era of my life. It's a one night deja vu and then good bye until we meet again. Many of us are on facebook, and others have reconnected because of facebook, so it's all good from my point of view. We were a class of 700+ and most of us left the state to go to college and never returned, so those are the people who seem to come back for the majority of the reunions. I love reconnecting with former neighbors (there were 4 of us on our street that graduated together), and there always seems to be a good mix of people to talk to and make small talk.

The strangest one was the 5 year. There seemed to be the biggest gap at that one, because many about half of the people had married (or were engaged)and several were starting families, and then there were others (myself included) who were in graduate school and still very much in the college/summers off/part time jobs/chasing men/group vacations mindset/mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education