U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2014, 10:57 PM
 
4,750 posts, read 3,925,577 times
Reputation: 4951

Advertisements

Gosh, I wish this was implemented when I was in school. I had no idea I was depressed. I thought I had some sort of neurological problem; therefore, my depression was untreated for several years. Had I been diagnosed like I should've been, I probably wouldn't have failed those 4 classes my senior year. I don't understand why people are against it.

Whatever is going on outside of a student's life is way more important than some lesson that you're trying to shove down their throats.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2014, 07:01 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
14,785 posts, read 21,733,134 times
Reputation: 26920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Gosh, I wish this was implemented when I was in school. I had no idea I was depressed. I thought I had some sort of neurological problem; therefore, my depression was untreated for several years. Had I been diagnosed like I should've been, I probably wouldn't have failed those 4 classes my senior year. I don't understand why people are against it.

Whatever is going on outside of a student's life is way more important than some lesson that you're trying to shove down their throats.

Im sorry for what you went through but you seriously need to wake up and smell the coffee .....this government will have all of our kids being robots instead of individuals thinking for themselves .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 07:40 AM
 
993 posts, read 1,430,409 times
Reputation: 2023
I don't think it's a bad idea, and I think you're far-fetching with the gun thing. Screening mental health in students (like how they currently screen students' vision and hearing) would be great.

The BMI requirement makes no sense, although they did weigh us annually at both my private grade school AND my public high school.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
36,385 posts, read 37,146,833 times
Reputation: 56832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Just wondering, because that's what Rep. Margaret Markey, NY, wants to do here.

.
More kids who won't be able to get a job when they're older. Maybe she's "creating jobs" for mental health practitioners. Do they have a union?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 AM
 
4,750 posts, read 3,925,577 times
Reputation: 4951
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Im sorry for what you went through but you seriously need to wake up and smell the coffee .....this government will have all of our kids being robots instead of individuals thinking for themselves .
Um, they already train us to be robots and if we don't conform to their idea then we're bigoted losers with awful parents. I'm coming from a place where I could've really benefited from an exam. Whereas, y'all are worried about the government having your "private" information, which really isn't private to begin with because it is easily attainable.

NEWSFLASH: The government has access to your health records and diagnoses. They already know what you've been diagnosed with. And with the way we treat social media, they can locate who you are through your social media accounts after you talked about it to someone else.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 08:20 AM
 
1,824 posts, read 1,570,798 times
Reputation: 1376
I wonder if forcing pills that are harmful or fake is part of Obamacare? It would be interesting to know how much Obama got paid by Big Pharma to do whatever they want.

I could just about imagine a book for teachers 101 reasons to medicate kids (against the wishes of kids & parents). If kids refuse, I wonder if they could be forced into psych wards? Might they force meds on all as a precaution? Another $500 billion for the harmaceuticals companies? Maybe the police come in to help the teacher by handcuffing students to their desks? Maybe they could give pills to make the kids hyperactive, as an excuse to taser them (the new form of electro shock treatment)? A police officer ready to shoot, in every classroom? Just have the Federal Reserve print up $900 trillion for this?

Dozens of police out in the schoolyard during recess, or cancel recess if too expensive to do this. Or barbed wire electrified fences around all schooyards. How much cost for super security? They could use drones to shoot any unknown person on school grounds as they might be 10% as mentally ill & dangerous as some in our govt seem to be.

Lying govt people claiming 100% of kids are mentally ill? Could what goes on in the classrooms be kept a secret? A locked door for every classroom with students always locked in, plus the police officer in each classroom, testing them all for the presence of "marijuana" which the kids must not have as it would make them non-violent if anything could, & chaos is what govt usually wants. Plus all money going to harmaceuticals cos. Fake depression pills that make kids more suicidal & homicidal? Huge #s of kids on these already & harmaceuticals cos admitted they can cause more suicides.

Just worst cause scenarios. No way to know. Maybe they start out minimally & keep building this up.
Best wishes, all.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Just wondering, because that's what Rep. Margaret Markey, NY, wants to do here.

Of course, that also allows the various "professionals" to use that opportunity to badger Johnny and Suzie about their parents' activities, safety precautions, and.....ta-da.....guns in the home. After which a file will be maintained on Johnny, who acts like Tom Sawyer and so, therefore, will be medicated at school by people practicing medicine without a license, and won't be allowed to go hunting with dad.

Yet another reason to send kids to private schools.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 08:22 AM
LLN
 
Location: Upstairs closet
5,224 posts, read 9,725,413 times
Reputation: 7014
If ours did, we would eliminate crowding in schools, that is for sure.

Throw a few parents in, too!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Western Washington
8,003 posts, read 10,959,860 times
Reputation: 19511
What most people don't realize, is that most states are already doing this...with newborns.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 08:51 AM
 
6,139 posts, read 6,164,305 times
Reputation: 10789
Crazy bills are introduced all the time and virtually none of them pass. Y'all are getting worked up and dreaming up conspiracy theories over nothing. If you live where this yahoo operates call up your congressmen, express your displeasure and keep it moving.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 09:00 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
14,785 posts, read 21,733,134 times
Reputation: 26920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Um, they already train us to be robots and if we don't conform to their idea then we're bigoted losers with awful parents. I'm coming from a place where I could've really benefited from an exam. Whereas, y'all are worried about the government having your "private" information, which really isn't private to begin with because it is easily attainable.

NEWSFLASH: The government has access to your health records and diagnoses. They already know what you've been diagnosed with. And with the way we treat social media, they can locate who you are through your social media accounts after you talked about it to someone else.

No they dont have access to my health records cause I dont go to drs ....nor do I discuss my personal business on social media either ...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top