Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2014, 03:48 PM

3 posts, read 2,653 times

Advertisements

My son is a Senior this year and is also Special Ed. He was homebound this year until February 15th. He did really well the first Semester because it was one on one. He has not done well since returning. We had some trouble with his teachers not sending work and when he went back he was overwhelmed. In one class, he has taken probably 8 tests to get caught up. My question is "Are the grades from first semester, second semester, and final exam averaged together for the final grade?" Or "Do you have to pass both Semesters to get the credit?" We live in Alabama and his school does 7 classes a day and take the same classes all year. They are one credit classes.

Any positive feedback would be appreciated. I am a worried mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 05:29 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
It depends on the school. Look in the school handbook or call the guidance office to see how it's handled at his school.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:07 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Call whoever is in charge of homebound instruction. In the districts I have had students fall under homebound the rule was, if I didn't give it to the homebound teacher to give the student, I was not allowed to demand it be turned in or done when they return. That included projects and exams. The intent of the state for funding/providing a certified teacher is that her instruction takes the place of the classroom instruction completely and that means that the kids do not come back to a bunch of work. There are teachers that balked at this but my experience was that they were SOL, and they were told too bad. The district will have an offical policy, find out what yours is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education