U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:25 AM

5,650 posts, read 8,410,141 times

Advertisements

I never did anything seriously wrong, but I went to a strict school so I did get into some trouble, especially in the last 2 years of high school. My worst transgression was cutting school for a whole day, and that was the one that I got away with. After that, I'd say my worst was going out to lunch senior year, getting drunk, and being too drunk to come back for my afternoon classes. I spent a good number of hours in detention after school for that one. I cut single classes here and there through senior year, always getting caught and disciplined for it. I also violated the dress code sometimes -- We had to wear dress shoes and I sometimes wore sneakers on gym day. Sometimes we got a little rowdy in the library during free periods, and I had a couple of teachers that I drove crazy for a little while. That was as bad as it got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
In 8th grade, I was chasing a girl in the cafeteria. She was a tease and we had flirted with me in the past, but even as an 8th grader who didn't always pick up on social hints, it was obvious that she was not seriously interested in me. While chasing her, another girl pushed her out of the way to keep her away from me, and accidently knocked her down and broke her nose. She was never mad at me for chasing her, nor was she ever mad at the girl who broke her nose. She said that her parents were proud to hear that guys were chasing their daughter. I suspect that nowadays I'd be in trouble for sexual harassment, and the other girl would be in trouble for assault.
She sounds like a good sport who didn't take herself too seriously. We need more people like that today.

Did you get into any trouble for that at all, or did it slide under the radar?

Old 02-17-2019, 09:52 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,881,214 times
Not technically during my school days but after graduation that night a buddy and I drove over to the school's athletic complex, broke into the baseball field and smoked grass on the pitchers mound.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Not technically during my school days but after graduation that night a buddy and I drove over to the school's athletic complex, broke into the baseball field and smoked grass on the pitchers mound.
That's a pretty funny one.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:00 PM

5,111 posts, read 4,739,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
She sounds like a good sport who didn't take herself too seriously. We need more people like that today.

Did you get into any trouble for that at all, or did it slide under the radar?
She never complained, so I didn't get in any trouble, nor did the girl that knocked her down. Like I said, I would suspect that nowadays, even if she didn't complain, that both me and the girl that knocked her down would have been in serious trouble.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:04 PM

5,111 posts, read 4,739,637 times
Another incident I remember: in my AP Bio class in 10th grade, we went on a long weekend field trip to an outdoor education camp. The dorms that we stayed in had 2 wings: one for boys and one for girls. We were not allowed in the opposite sex wing, but there was a lounge in the middle of the building where you could socialize with opposite sex friends. Nobody from my class obeyed the rule against being in the opposite sex wing, and they didn't even try to enforce it. At one point, me and about 5 other guys were walking from the female wing, while at the same time, about 5 girls were walking from the male wing. A teacher told us that we were all coming from the wrong side of the building. I tried telling the teacher that they switched the male and female side, but she didn't believe me. lol. I wonder if nowadays if the rule would have been enforced more strictly, given that what was then typical teen behavior is now considered sexual harassment.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:12 PM
Status: "the fruit of the womb is his reward" (set 14 days ago)

4,121 posts, read 787,993 times
Went into the school after hours (janitor left door unlocked) and went to classroom of teacher I didn't like. Other people were with me so I stood behind the podium thing and pretended to be the teacher in a not so complimentary way. Erased her writing on the chalkboard(yes, they existed) and wrote something different. Can't remember what. Pretty tame life.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:59 PM

16,577 posts, read 3,598,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
looking back at your school days , what is the worst thing you did , what do you regret about your school days basically?

for me getting sent to the head teachers office for pointing at someone.
one time i knocked down a bully to the ground.I feel bad that i did but it was so long ago.

Old 02-18-2019, 04:50 AM

1,565 posts, read 1,103,910 times
I was in charge of taking the attendance for my home room in High School. I marked myself present when I was absent scores of times over the years.

I went to school in Scotland, where one has grade 12 equivalent at age 15, or after 3 years of High School. I spent half of every semester at school with everyone else, and the other half at Purnie Hall Music School, with other musicians cherrypicked from all over Britain.

I *loved* music school, where we often played for 12 hours’ a day, sometimes until our fingers were bleeding, but I wouldn’t have missed a minute of it. Conversely, I *hated* ‘regular’ school and rarely bothered going (found it boring), preferring instead to practice my violin and guitar at home, or to hang out in the city’s public library and work on my poetry and novels. I read a lot too.

At Purnie Hall we were taught by the masters - Itzak Perlman, Yehudi Menuhin, and others (I played classical violin there), and they were hard taskmasters but wonderful teachers and lovely people. Itzak Perlman was (and still is) my favourite.

Bet that’s more than you wanted to know! LOL!

I don’t regret anything, not even the belting I received when I was finally caught fudging the High School attendance record.

Blessings!

Mahrie.
JesseLeighBrackstone

Old 03-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
Another incident I remember: in my AP Bio class in 10th grade, we went on a long weekend field trip to an outdoor education camp. The dorms that we stayed in had 2 wings: one for boys and one for girls. We were not allowed in the opposite sex wing, but there was a lounge in the middle of the building where you could socialize with opposite sex friends. Nobody from my class obeyed the rule against being in the opposite sex wing, and they didn't even try to enforce it. At one point, me and about 5 other guys were walking from the female wing, while at the same time, about 5 girls were walking from the male wing. A teacher told us that we were all coming from the wrong side of the building. I tried telling the teacher that they switched the male and female side, but she didn't believe me. lol. I wonder if nowadays if the rule would have been enforced more strictly, given that what was then typical teen behavior is now considered sexual harassment.
Telling the teacher that they switched the male and female wing is actually pretty hilarious. It seems that you got yourself off the hook on the "naughtiest" things you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or