U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 05:52 AM

5,711 posts, read 8,453,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Hmm... I coulda gotten in a lot of trouble!!

During lunch recess, we would be near the gym. We would sneak and watch the older classes change into their Physical Education clothes. Also we caught garter snakes and slipped them inside the girls dressing room.

In the 8th grade, a few fellow students lost our lunch recess and had detention. I didn't need to use the bathroom then until halfway through the detention. I asked the teacher if I could be excused and she said that I should have used it before detention. And I had to go bad. Well she left the classroom and well, there was a sink in the classroom. I just want to say that I DID run water while relieving myself. And the classmates kept an eye out for me. Oh man...I was so relieved but so scared I was going to get ratted out.

In the back of our gym, there was a staircase. We took the basketballs and a few of us went to the top. When the others came to get the balls for PE, we gave them alright. We got in so much trouble for that. Also for spraypainting the rafters!

We had a French teacher. She smoked heavily and wore a lot of make up and perfume. She really smelled bad. She had huge hair too. We would shoot spitballs in her hair. Some would fall out. And a few...Well I kid you not, made it back to the class the next day. In her hair!

I mellowed out until senior year. I quit twice and my last senior year I only had first hour. It was only credit needed to graduate. I went to school several times after pulling an all nighter of drinking. Also had hangovers. It was just for an hour. But damn it was rough!!!

Smoked weed on the way to school. My teacher knew it. I also put the "high" in high school. Near the recreation department, there is a small brick wall with a plaque. I sat on it a few times while smoking a fatty.

There was a guy in our PE class. Now... I didn't do it. Someone, yea, I know who it was... put Icy Hot in his gym shorts. Oh man. When we started our workout, he started getting hot. Well coach found out and we ended up running all hour long.

We had a green house in Agriculture. One year I planted some marijuana seeds. And they grew up to be some pretty plants! It was an old house and the teacher hardly went in there. Well the plants was found and nobody knew who did it. Until now...

The newer green house we used, we were pulling weeds out of the flowers. Until someone decided to throw a mud ball around. AND NO, IT WASN'T ME!!! We got a little muddy. And someone, again, not me! had a great idea of balling mud around a rock. Nobody was paying attention and we were in the moment. Well someone threw the one with the rock and it hit the door. Right before the teacher came inside. He saw the mud ball go through the door. Oh man. Straight to the principles office. We didn't get in trouble. I was shocked! He actually laughed. Then again, we all been in his office many times.

A little bright side...

On my way to school one day, I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. And by the time I got to school and ate, I was late. I had to write a tardy slip and the reason I stated was because of the long line at McDonald's. It was excused!!!
Peeing in the sink is classic, man! I can't say I ever saw that. At the beginning of our detention sessions, the dean warned us that once we got started, there'd be no talking or getting up for any reason, so we knew we had to use the restroom before. Of course, he never left the room and we had no sink, so in your situation, I don't know what my options would have been!

You were pretty creative. Icy hot in a guy's shorts...that is classic also. I don't think I put anywhere near that much thought to causing trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 09:05 AM

25 posts, read 7,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Whenever the teacher would tell me that he / she was going to talk to my parents when they picked me up, I just hitched a ride with a kid who lived a few streets down from me

I just always got a kick out of outsmarting the teacher like that.
You're not going to outsmart the teacher. If they don't have the opportunity to talk to your parents in person they will just call them up on the phone.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:14 AM

252 posts, read 104,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetJustice View Post
You're not going to outsmart the teacher. If they don't have the opportunity to talk to your parents in person they will just call them up on the phone.
My grade school years are decades past.

And yes, many times I was able to wiggle out of uncomfortable situations and trouble by using wit and playing the game.

Last edited by MisterRice; 03-30-2019 at 06:05 AM..

Old 03-30-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
One day we all brought screw drivers to school and disconnected all the schoolbus seats from the floor of the bus on the way to school.They all went crashing when the driver left.We never got caught,stashed the tools in the bushes.
Absolutely marvelous!! (Seriously!) One of my friends did something similar thing, although his goal was to actually stop the bus entirely: He gathered a bunch of steel nails from his father’s tool shed, and sprinkled them all over the road where the bus picked him up. Due to the positioning of the road around a blind hill, there was no possible way for the driver to see the nails before he drove over them, and they popped one of the tires, completely disabling the bus. We missed almost 3/4 of that school day because it took forever for them to dispatch another bus.

The kid himself was never caught, and today is a married father of three and a CFO at a major corporation.

As a side note, I never saw the point in bringing us back to school when almost 75% of the day was over, although I suspect that it was more about “keeping up the system” than actual education.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
My grade school years are decades past.

And yes, many times I was able to wiggle out of uncomfortable situations and trouble by using wit and playing the game.
And decades past they would've called your parents if they felt they needed to tell them about you getting in trouble.

Although they would've used the landline of course, not a smart phone, if we're talking about decades ago.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:15 PM

1,156 posts, read 664,271 times
In 9th grade, a friend and I crank called a bunch of teachers in class with his cell phone during class and especially with substitute teachers. Sometimes we'd do a 3 way thing on the phone with them and the other teachers from our previous middle school or sometimes with Chinese restaurants. We would sit there listening and giggling while trying to stay quiet. We also made fake myspace accounts of teachers. We both got suspended for 10 days for the fake myspace accounts.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:39 PM

Speaking of substitute teachers, I once read a book about a boy who pulled a prank on a substitute teacher who was substituting for that day. The boy pretended to be deaf with grunts and fake sign language.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:17 PM

2,106 posts, read 852,259 times
I hold the distinction of being the very 1st student at my high school ever expelled from summer school for smoking. At 16 years of age,there went Drivers Ed.

Last edited by Ron61; 04-07-2019 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Added info

Old 04-07-2019, 02:13 PM

6,356 posts, read 3,558,970 times
Decorum....Prevents me from sharing.

Old Today, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetJustice View Post
And decades past they would've called your parents if they felt they needed to tell them about you getting in trouble.

Although they would've used the landline of course, not a smart phone, if we're talking about decades ago.
They would have, but they must have forgot, because they didn’t. But thinking of ways to get around the teacher, which nurtured my critical thinking and planning skills, was always a fun game. And, most of the time, I was the winner of said game.

Point being, it’s moot because my school years are decades behind me. I doubt anyone cares or remembers at this point, and I don’t know why you’re arguing my story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or