Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,610,386 times

Advertisements

This was in high school: A friend and I dropped a few water balloons from the science lab window on a nun's head. A truly evil cow that everyone despised and when we saw her lumbering by, we couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 03:48 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,839,073 times
I volunteered in the attendance office during my free period in high school. I used the signature stamp on a few pads of passes, and handed them out to my friends.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,017,282 times
From the viewpoint of the school administration, the worst thing I did was stand up in class and tell off a teacher. Who had made a cruel, abusive, classist remark about the recent death of the brother of a friend of mine. While we were both sitting there. She ran out of the classroom in tears and I stood up and let him have it with both barrels. Which included making sure he knew I thought he was the biggest *insert profanity-laced descriptive words here* in the state of California.

Then I walked out of the class room, took her to the office, sat down and said, "Call our parents." She wept until her parents arrived. Once my father, who knew and liked the boy, arrived and heard what the teacher had said he let the growing number of people in the room know that if the teacher didn't apologize to the girl it was going to be a federal case and he knew just the lawyer who would be happy to take it.

The teacher apologized. I took art the rest of the semester. Don't regret it at all.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-18-2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,238,509 times
Stole a locker door to figure out how to pick the locks....friend got caught with the door in his hands. 4.0 student, he didnt even get suspended.

lots of fights.

hmmm...theres so many things I did. I have 8 kids, take all of them combined and they've gotten into very little trouble compared to me.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:15 PM

14,200 posts, read 14,574,865 times
Long story short. I quit high school when I was 16. It took me two years of working menial jobs to decide I had not made the right decision. I went back in my Junior year. I was one of the oldest kids in school plus that year off had taught me well. School all of a sudden became so easy. I stopped fighting the system and did what I was told. The "girls" liked an older guy so my social life was awesome. The guys considered me a "man" and did not mess with me. I had a ball. The teachers respected what I had done and treated me as an adult. I breezed through my last two years with outstanding grades.

I went on to get a BA and an MBA. Even those degrees I obtained later in life when I realized I wanted more in life then what I had.

Seems it took things happening to me to make me wake up and want more.....LOL

Old 08-18-2014, 05:24 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,303,136 times
I lied about turning in a project, but I didn't. The teacher kept the projects in her room and kids had easy access. She gave me 100% because she believed that I turned it in and someone took it. It took her over 6 weeks to grade.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:25 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,292,553 times
Well, I'm not sorry about anything...

I was a pretty rebellious kid. Probably the worst thing I did was sneak drugs into my Catholic high school in a rubber Mickey Mouse. The head was removable. I sold the drugs. I was a cheerleader. Nobody knew. I know, scandalous!

The other worst thing I did was, I worked in the office part time as an office assistant. This was back in the day of the mimeograph machine. It was a printing machine, basically, where you created a document that you wanted to make copies of, and you placed it on this cylinder thing, and hand cranked it, and it would print out copies of your document.

Well, I created a school permission slip on the school letterhead for a ski trip that didn't exist, so my friends and I could go away for the weekend to a friends' parents' cabin while his parents were also out of town. Somehow we all got away with it.

Any parents reading this - don't think for a minute that private school will keep your kids out of trouble lol! Their friends will just have more money to get in trouble with.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 PM

11,556 posts, read 9,273,187 times
I was a goody-two shoes so the worst thing I did was buying weed and rum. My friend does this thing where she mixes rum with random drinks and it tastes MAD good. She should become a bartender

Old 08-18-2014, 07:00 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,156 posts, read 80,278,112 times
I got sent to the principal's office twice, both in 5th grade. Once was for chasing a girl who had taken my stapler while I was working on a project. The other time, we went to History class for an exam and found it was to be open book, but had not brought our books. Some of us ran back to homeroom to get them but it was locked. I climbed in a window and opened the door just as the homeroom teacher was about to insert the key.

I really don't regret those. What I do regret some is the day in 8th grade when I put a dime in the machine to get bag of cornnuts. It got stuck and just kept dropping them one bag after another. A friend and I filled our pockets and then ran before anyone could notice, probably got 20 bags each.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:12 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,301,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Any parents reading this - don't think for a minute that private school will keep your kids out of trouble lol! Their friends will just have more money to get in trouble with.
Seriously. The private Catholic prep school in my community had a GAZILLION loads more drugs going in and out than any public school in the entire county. All my cousins are grads, and despite their parents lording it over mine that they were at an elite school, all three became burnouts with nary a college degree between them, while all three of my siblings and I have honors degrees from great colleges, and most of us have graduate degrees. My aunt and uncle don't brag their kids up much, these days. Prep school was their heyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education