U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:36 AM

715 posts, read 612,668 times

Advertisements

looking back at your school days , what is the worst thing you did , what do you regret about your school days basically?

for me getting sent to the head teachers office for pointing at someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,219,694 times
I drank gin from a Smurfette thermos in the locker room.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 AM

25,393 posts, read 30,647,409 times
Smoking the bathroom

Old 08-18-2014, 11:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,594,540 times
My friends and I cornered the quarterback of the football team and beat him mercilessly.
Gotta say even today that that was a fun afternoon.

I was expelled for half the year but it all worked out because I was already taking advanced classes at college and earned course credits in the interim.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:58 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,905,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Smoking the bathroom
Please tell us you left out a word.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:58 PM

36,462 posts, read 41,651,387 times
Nothing. I was every teacher's dream.

I did once get taken down for something a friend of mine did; the hs principal was in a mood to make an example, and dissuade other people from hanging out with this girl, and attempted to play then "See what happens when you associate with these types? You get taken down by association" game" My parents met with him, and while the consequence wasn't rescinded, they were very open that, no, they were not in favor of his tactics of socially pressuring students to "not be friends" with others, and I knew that I wasn't in trouble with THEM for being friends with a girl the principal wasn't fond of. It was the only time I was ever disciplined at school, in 13 years of public schooling.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 PM

21,094 posts, read 23,811,954 times
I would tell you but I do not think the statutes of limitations are expired...

Old 08-18-2014, 01:05 PM

17,087 posts, read 9,797,502 times
Talked out of turn. I was a bit of a goodie-two-shoes.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:20 PM

3,145 posts, read 4,612,231 times
During homecoming week it was a unwritten tradition at our school for the seniors to "initiate" the freshmen by catching them around town and taking them out in the country a couple miles, making them walk back in. During the week each class would be working on their floats so it wasn't hard to catch unsuspecting freshmen.

A couple other seniors and I picked up a smart a** younger brother of one of our classmates and hauled him only a mile out of town, but made him strip to nothing except his shoes and socks. We told him where his clothes would be ONE BLOCK into the town. He had a corn field to run in up to the city limits, but was going to have to hoof it that one block between houses to his clothes stash.

He reported this to the Superintendent and surprise upon surprise we got called into his office. The kid lied and said we took money from his billfold to get us in more trouble. We didn't, but still had to pony up the amount he said that he was missing between the three of us. We walked out of the office basically getting our hands slapped after giving the kid the money we didn't take and giving a "heartfelt" apology. I've got to say it was worth it just from the laugh we had watching his naked butt run into that cornfield. Our "victim" and I have laughed about this several times over the last 40 years.

Today, we'd have been arrested, given a permanent record, and most likely expelled from school. Back then, the Superintendent had the power to handle nearly everything with the backing of parents. My how times have changed.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:32 PM

3,145 posts, read 4,612,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Smoking the bathroom
Are you sure you weren't in the BOY'S ROOM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oksTiOIuhHA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or