Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 03:36 AM

305 posts, read 282,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Lots of these hanging around the town I went to HS in. Still go to football games and stuff DECADES after their kids have graduated.

Hit the bars afterwords.

It's sad.

I think it's way sadder when there are colleges whose entire city depends on the success of a college team who turns over its talent every 4 years.

At least you grew up with the people you went to high school with. College is just a mass of random people for 4 years and then they all leave.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Yes, it was the best of all times. Reasons why? I was young, had zest for life, had the best friend ever, life was exciting and never a dull moment. We had a band of high school guys and dances in town. They played songs by the Doors, Jimi Hendrix and other contemporary songs. We had fog machines and strobe lights at those dances. Went to the lake and water skied. We always had fun.
Nobody ever had a gun, the streets were safe. If we got pulled over, the cops took our beer and said - go home. We did.
There was so much we did and more. We had the coolest teachers and classmates. I could go on and on about those years.

I can't understand how posters hated high school.

I agree with this post. I find it humorous that the same posters on here who bash high school will remember the "good ol days" so much fonder than today.

Like how old do you think you were during the "good ol days"?

Old 11-05-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Nowadays I think with social media, high school reunions are pointless

Please tell me you don't think social media is a substitute for social interaction?

Old 11-05-2014, 04:15 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,634,548 times
Not just no, but hell no.

My high school was full of jerks who treated me like dirt. I have no desire to see any of them ever again.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:27 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,097,706 times
No. High school sucked. The one good thing I got from high school was that I started a relationship with the woman who is now my loving wife.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,568,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Just wondering if it was for anyone out there. I enjoyed college way more. Either case, I hardly ever think about high school or college anymore.
High school was the WORST time of my life. I could not get out fast enough. Went right into the state university and loved it right away. I immediately found out that the college students were mature, at least at the college I went to. Avoided the 2 year junior college, partly because I expected it to be like the continuation of high school. I had absolutely no peer pressure in college. It was so much a positive experience for me that I excelled in mathematics and ended up with a degree in mathematics. Whereas in high school I did not even take prep math for college and took a bunch of shop classes.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,207,614 times
nope, one of the worst times of my life. id say from age 12-18 I thought about suicide pretty much every day.

in high school, I had family issues & extreme poverty to contend with. in middle school, I got in fights every day. seriously, kids sucked in middle school. I now understand why there are school shootings. at least in high school, I was pretty much left alone. I suffered from severe depression the whole time. college kinda sucked too but at least I had some good times, although they were alcohol induced. pretty much post-college life is the best time of my life now, and even that is not saying much either.

I still can't figure out which was worse, middle or high school. they both served their own league of challenges, disappointments, tragedies, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok
High school is just like an ordinary school, but kids go there to get high
mind=blown

Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
Nowadays I think with social media, high school reunions are pointless
No way!
Personal relationships trump electronic ones.

The best time of my life is now!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:12 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,643,384 times
Nope, didn't care for high school at all. I went to college much later, but liked it a lot more!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:40 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,007 times
I enjoyed college so much more. I was thirsting for knowledge and training and college gave that to me. High school was depressing and stifling. I hated it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education