Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 09:35 AM

152 posts, read 98,463 times

Advertisements

I graduated in 2012, so I haven't had one yet. We have our 5th year reunion the day before next Thanksgiving...I might go, might not. Would be cool to catch up with some people but I only have two real close friends from my hometown (which I just moved back to) and one of them went to the local Catholic school instead. A lot of my classmates, including myself, are substituting at our high school, whether for temp work or as a stepping stone to full-time teacher, so I see many of them through that.

I'd be more apt to attend college reunions, although that would be more of a friend group reunion than a class reunion (U Maryland is a bit too large for a class reunion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 06:09 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,630,311 times
Nope, never been to a high school reunion. I moved, so they can't find me anyway. I don't mind.

I'm curious to know the paths that everyone took, but I feel like reunions are just to compare yourself to others (and vice versa) to see who's better than whom.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,301,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Nope, never been to a high school reunion. I moved, so they can't find me anyway. I don't mind.

I'm curious to know the paths that everyone took, but I feel like reunions are just to compare yourself to others (and vice versa) to see who's better than whom.
People who are focused on this do it routinely, anyway. No need for a high school reunion. You're either a person who's always measuring and comparing and trying to see how you stack up to those around you or you aren't.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,579,599 times
No reunions for me thanks. I wasn't in a good place in H.S. (family problems) I survived it but had a lot of turmoil in those days. Now, i don't even think much about the kids I went to school with because I dont have time for that now....

Old 01-04-2017, 07:01 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,293,218 times
I went to my 10-year, but that's it. My recollection is that I could barely remember anyone (except those who had been in my inner circle of friends in high school). Once we were introduced, the girls/women all looked familiar, but the men continued to elude recall. (To be fair: boys continue to grow well into their early to mid 20s, so they were taller and more stout than they had been in high school. And many of them had less hair. So they were just harder for me to recognize.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education