Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 PM

351 posts, read 690,769 times

Advertisements

My easiest subject in school was math. The more complicated it was, the more fun it was for me. Word problems were my kryponite. Too many what ifs and other twists and turns with words. I just wanted numbers. Give me numbers and I could figure it out. I was good with biology, especially genetics. It was like a puzzle to me and I love puzzles (physical puzzles, no word problems or other similar wordy things). I was good with grammar, but not with reading. I could write essays easily (again, I saw it more like a puzzle such as putting sentences in a specific order. The subject of that essay was not as easy for me as reading was hard for me. I was also very good with art. Abstract and architectural drawings and paintings mainly. I couldn't draw faces very well, though I got pretty decent with animals.

History was my hardest subject. All facts and memorizing dates and names. I couldn't relate well to the subject so I couldn't visualize something to help me memorize either information. At least once we started reading fiction books, my imagination could soar and I could picture the story in my head and understand what I was reading. I love fantasy and science fictiony stuff. Chemistry was only difficult for me because it had to do with memorizing complicated words and their abbreviations. Economics was hard also because of the terms. Again, give me numbers and letters and I can solve it. Give me terms and names of groups of numbers and I'm lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 03:20 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,104,614 times
I never really found any subject harder or easier than the rest.
Except chemistry.
I love bio and physics and math...but chemistry frustrated me for some reason.
Eh, still did ok.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:01 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,067,048 times
I always did good in foreign language. Maybe that's because I grew up speaking two languages, so it was easier for me to learn a third language.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,839,636 times
The easiest subject is the one you enjoy the most. We're all wired differently.

For me, history was and will always be child's play. You can read fiction books all you want, what has actually happened in the world can't be duplicated even by the most inspired fiction writer.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:32 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,148,733 times
History

Old 03-13-2015, 06:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,393,067 times
Default in your opinion , what is the easiest subject?

Any course where you're already familiar with the material.

It's the process of absorbing new info and developing new skills that's uncomfortable.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:03 AM

44,991 posts, read 59,979,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I never really found any subject harder or easier than the rest.
Except chemistry.
I love bio and physics and math...but chemistry frustrated me for some reason.
Eh, still did ok.

That's funny since Physics and Chem are both Math based.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 AM

214 posts, read 196,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
The easiest subject is the one you enjoy the most. We're all wired differently.

For me, history was and will always be child's play. You can read fiction books all you want, what has actually happened in the world can't be duplicated even by the most inspired fiction writer.
^^THIS. Since 4th grade I would always be willing to find a section in the textbook that interested me, open up and just read. Coming from a math teacher, I always tell my students "If it wasn't math, it would've been history."

Math doesn't "just come to me." It's a subject that I have to work at. English was easy, but didn't always capture my interest, rep for those posters who said something about making a point and backing it up. I like that math constantly challenges me, and yes, when you finally do get it correct, that feeling is rewarding.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:12 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,388,093 times
I think almost any course can be made to be difficult. I remember thinking a one hour library science course would be easy. It wasn't. It was a colossal pain in the neck.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:54 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,036,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
^^^This. I ended up with a degree in English for this reason.

Math (and most other sciences) have one right answer, and a series of steps that must be replicated carefully and correctly to arrive at that answer. It is much easier to simply have an opinion!
Personally, I found English to be the most difficult, because of this very same subjectivity. I knew that if I put in the time and the effort, I could do well in just about any math or science course. But, a creative writing assignment? What if nothing comes to mind? It's hard to force that; trying to do so caused me more stress than any other class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education