Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:39 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times

Advertisements

My brother and his friends reported a male teacher who was having sexual relationships with females students. Some of them were underage. Weeks later, a female who was eighteen ran off with him but she returned home last night. I am so glad they fired him and I hope that he never teaches again. I just think we really need to crack on this problem.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 06-16-2015 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: fixed some typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2015, 05:07 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,317,133 times
He was fired. It sounds like they cracked down.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:10 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
My brother and his friends reported a male teacher who was having sexual relationships with females students. Some of them were underage. Weeks later, a female who was eighteen run off with him but she returned home last night. I am so glad they fired him and I hope that he never teaches again.I just think we really need to crack on this problem.
Yep, teachers having inappropriate relations with students is wrong. Not only was he fired, but I'm guessing he was also arrested and charged with rape or something similar. If convicted, he will never be able to teach again, will serve time and will have to register as a sexual predator.

What more could be done to "crack on this problem"?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Yep, teachers having inappropriate relations with students is wrong. Not only was he fired, but I'm guessing he was also arrested and charged with rape or something similar. If convicted, he will never be able to teach again, will serve time and will have to register as a sexual predator.

No he is still missing and he was under investigation when he went missing.
I think we should teach boundaries to parents,teachers,and students and stop with letting females getting away with it.
For example, My other brother who was 14 at the time got friend request from 30 year old something man who work for our school district and boy scouts which my brothers are apart of. He told me about it and I told him that was inappropriate and told my parents. They gave my brother a stern talk. That man had no business trying adding my brother on Facebook.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:51 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I think the OP is thinking more in general terms of prevention than of punishment in this particular case.

That's going to be a tough one, because it's not even clear that this is a "new" problem or that it's gotten worse in recent years. Certainly it gets more media attention than it used to, especially if it involves an attractive female teacher.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I think the OP is thinking more in general terms of prevention than of punishment in this particular case.

That's going to be a tough one, because it's not even clear that this is a "new" problem or that it's gotten worse in recent years. Certainly it gets more media attention than it used to, especially if it involves an attractive female teacher.
Yep , This problem really hurt males in the field because people fear that they are going to sex with their children.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
For example, My other brother who was 14 at the time got friend request from 30 year old something man who work for our school district and boy scouts which my brothers are apart of.
The MAIN reason my kids were never allowed to join such groups.

Old 06-23-2015, 06:10 AM

287 posts, read 326,965 times
We had a scandal at my high school the year after I graduated. One of the English teachers, who every kid in the school knew was Gay, was pretty much set up for arrest. He had a group of friends over at his house for a party and one of his friends brought an 18 year-old kid with him. The kid was still in high school (attended a different school than the teacher). The kid was served alcohol and apparently said there was some sexual activity going on in the house in which the he wasn't involved but SAID he witnessed. The cops came just after the kid left and arrested everyone there. The English teacher took the fall for everyone arrested and admitted it was all his fault. The school immediately fired him. The case came to trial, and the judge threw the case out of court, claiming entrapment. Turned out the kid was set up to do this by some "concerned" individuals at a local church. A couple years later I read in the paper that the English teacher committed suicide.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:10 AM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
The MAIN reason my kids were never allowed to join such groups.

Are you serious?

Old 06-23-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyforprez View Post
We had a scandal at my high school the year after I graduated. One of the English teachers, who every kid in the school knew was Gay, was pretty much set up for arrest. He had a group of friends over at his house for a party and one of his friends brought an 18 year-old kid with him. The kid was still in high school (attended a different school than the teacher). The kid was served alcohol and apparently said there was some sexual activity going on in the house in which the he wasn't involved but SAID he witnessed. The cops came just after the kid left and arrested everyone there. The English teacher took the fall for everyone arrested and admitted it was all his fault. The school immediately fired him. The case came to trial, and the judge threw the case out of court, claiming entrapment. Turned out the kid was set up to do this by some "concerned" individuals at a local church. A couple years later I read in the paper that the English teacher committed suicide.
That is different, he didn't do anything wrong or illegal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education