Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 01:00 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

A hot-headed teen got a slap on the wrist Friday for slugging a Manhattan principal who told him to turn down his music.

Judge Edwina Richardson-Mendelson granted Luis Penzo, 19, youthful offender status and sentenced him to a conditional discharge — as long as he stays out of trouble for three years he’ll dodge prison and a criminal record.

Teen who punched principal in face gets sweet deal from judge | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 08:52 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,651 times
And so he gets to walk the halls of school boasting how he got away with it while smirking at the principal.

I did some volunteering in school. Student told me to go F* myself. I reported it and was later told that I "misunderstood what the student said". At the end of the day the student laughed in my face and told me to go F* myself again.

That ended my volunteering days.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:54 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
And so he gets to walk the halls of school boasting how he got away with it while smirking at the principal.

I did some volunteering in school. Student told me to go F* myself. I reported it and was later told that I "misunderstood what the student said". At the end of the day the student laughed in my face and told me to go F* myself again.

That ended my volunteering days.
That's awful that they brushed it off.

It's also not doing the kid who assaulted the principal any favors, either. He's going to think that he can get away with this kind of behavior. Also not good for the school/principal since the message is being sent that it is okay to do this since all they will get is a slap on the wrist.

Good grief, I never would have ever thought of telling someone to F* themselves and certainly never would have hit anyone. WTF are these kids thinking and how are their parents raising them? OMG if either of them were mine they would be in a world of trouble...

Old 09-24-2017, 07:23 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Ethnic bonding between judge and thug?

He'll be back. Hopefully he gets a different "judge."

Old 09-25-2017, 04:22 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,049 times
Stupid boy is gonna get himself killed cuz' he's gonna square up to the wrong dude. I just hope it ain't a White dude that kills him, then we gotta hear BLM complaining when there are plenty of Black dudes who would literally say, "Yea, if he came at me like that, I'd'a shot his ass, too."

Old 09-27-2017, 08:44 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,928,823 times
These teens keep getting off and continue to be a menace to society. This punk will never learn. Dr. Tossman is really a dedicated principal who I had the chance to meet a few times. He really cares for his students. I was so sorry this happened to him. Then we had a situation the other day that yet another teen shot a cop in the face: Teen who shot cop was loose thanks to judge’s slap on the wrist Because Valencia was 17 at the time, Judge George Villegas of Bronx Supreme Court gave him a sweet deal at his Sept. 20 sentencing, in which he received only probation and youthful-offender status. Just days prior of him shooting this cop!

Old 09-27-2017, 08:54 AM

804 posts, read 545,126 times
That means he will have to be a nice guy and follow stupid rules from stupid people for the next three years. The Judge is obviously betting against him. This means any offense including non-misdemeanors could get him in the hot seat again. Also by him agreeing to this offense he will have no other option but to do positive. Like being a train locked on a rail system

Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
NYC judges are notorious for that sort of awful misguided & blatantly political decision. This guy got youthful offender status for carrying illegal guns, and a machete and illegal drugs, (because you know he just wanted to lop the tops of coconuts with his machete right?) instead of imprisonment like the prosecution sought .....and then shot a cop in the face days later:

Teen who shot cop was loose thanks to judge’s slap on the wrist | New York Post

By the grace of God the bullet scraped her instead of being an inch higher.

EDIT: Ok - shaylove beat me to it. But there's plenty of other examples too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education