U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:29 AM

14,502 posts, read 14,015,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmb View Post
I was so upset about my performance on this particular job that I signed up with vocational rehabilitation services to find out what was wrong, because i felt like I had been cheated. I felt like no one actually trained me to do a job that I initially loved--

Yeah, in summary, it seems I can't really do a teaching job without some form of supervision. There are too many things that go on in a classroom that I miss....

It doesn't help that I'm also mildly obsessed with the idea of teaching. I'm amazed that I somehow completed six years of college and nearly a full year worth of student teaching (at various schools) and never learned how to properly do the job! Yeah, I'm pretty upset. I feel like the college I went to took my money, taught me a bunch of theories, and left me on my own, but I'm also aware that other students graduated from the same program I did and became competent professionals. I keep asking asking myself, "what in world is wrong with me?"
You need to contact your local autism center. This has been suggested to you repeatedly for years, by various posters, on nearly every thread that you post about these issues. Until you do, you're going to continue to wonder what went wrong with your various jobs, which seems to be preventing you from moving forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education