U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 03:42 AM

5 posts, read 112 times

Advertisements

Life in Poland is generally cheaper, plus they have a lot of fine study opportunities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM

1,299 posts, read 481,145 times
Look into vocational schools where you can learn a trade.

Old Today, 02:53 AM

3,508 posts, read 1,945,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
I currently work as an overnight stocker at target, it pays better and I like how it's just easy work where you don't have to think too hard. I originally was a cashier but even that was very difficult for me so switched. Also, a bit off-topic, but I am female and though I am not really worried about getting a bf I get the impression most men today want a college educated career-focused woman.
In terms of dating, very few men care about a woman's academic achievements. Men in general care more about a woman's ability to be a good girlfriend and wife, which is a matter of character and availability to spend quality time with him. Femininity also matters as well. The more educated and career oriented that a female is, the less feminine that is and the less available that she is. If female lawyers (by definition, highly educated) are considered, they are not very feminine because the traits that make a lawyer feasible do not jell well with femininity. Female lawyers often work long hours and are not available to partner in a sustainable fashion. This is why there are a lot of female lawyers who are single after turning 30. They are often only capable of short term sexual relations on an inconsistent basis due to their long hours and often do not possess desirable girlfriend or wife traits such as free time, hair beneath their shoulders, are not often pleasant to be around, are argumentative, do not cook or clean, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
Yeah, I graduated with a 1.4 GPA. I really don't want anything in the medical field, I couldn't do that. The only good thing I can say is that unlike most I can do the same repetitive tasks over and over and never get bored, and follow simple instructions. Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem doing those assembly type jobs in places like China you see assuming it didn't come with the crazy human rights abuses; but just the job in and of itself would be no problem.
In terms of occupations for OP, I'm thinking line cook at a restaurant like a simple diner type place, either an independent local diner or a place like Denny's might make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or