Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 04:13 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,643,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
It is not a new phenomenon--and wasn't when Van Halen made this classic in 1984!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4_Ommfvv0
Statistically, the education majors in college tend to be dominated by females. So, many enter the school system at a young age. Though beautiful, the education system usually isn't fair to them. They are overworked and underpaid. Despite being considered beautiful by admiring male students, I doubt many of them are "thrilled" about it given the burden that the system puts on them. Such admiration can also cross the line into sexual harassment or worse. Young women in general have their "guard up" regarding sexual harassment. The students need to be aware of this - it should be part of their education. The job is hard too. A lot of teachers get stuck using their own salary to buy supplies.
Exactly How Teachers Came to Be So Underpaid in America | Time

That Van Halen "Teacher" video was a hit on MTV when it came out. It was in 1984 when MTV actually played videos. I bought that "Van Halen 1984" cassette at age 14 in January knowing it would a classic. The videos like "Hot for teacher" did not come out until later that spring. But it was controversial too, and this led to a debate about putting ratings on music of the era. I can't believe David Lee Roth is bald now and grey. Given the current "Me Too" movement and news media having exposed teacher-student sex scandals, I doubt that video would have gotten the same popularity in the current sociological context.

One of the best teacher films in 1984 was "Teachers" with Nick Nolte - a comedy-drama about a school district being sued in the midst of unruly students and burnt out teachers - some of whom were dysfunctional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUewxOm3ztU

In summary, the "young beautiful teacher" is very common but often gets burnt out by the career quickly.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:04 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
I remember going to parent/teacher conferences when my son was in middle school. After meeting with his teacher I was wondering how those boys could learn anything in that classroom. Fresh from college their teacher should have been in a beauty pageant.

Think, Elizabeth Hurley in the movie Bedazzled and you'll get the picture.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:19 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Most of the teachers I had over the years were older and dressed like you'd expect an older woman to dress in the 70s. Yet by the time I was graduating some of them had retired and the school did hire three early 20s teachers right out of college who were certainly hot. They didn't dress specifically provocatively or anything, but also certainly didn't dress like the older matron teachers either. Their slacks and jeans would fit better, and their skirts were above the knee rather than on the ankle. They wore their hair down. And HORRORS, wore makeup. Again, nothing that any rational person would consider provocative or overtly sexual. But they were very definitely not the "old lady teacher" most of the others were.
Form fitting slacks? My God had they no shame? Did they wear low cut blouses as well? And we wonder why there is a epidemic of teachers sleeping with students...such temptations!

Old 03-26-2019, 06:32 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Not really sure what this topic has to do with education.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:43 AM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
To be honest, for teenagers, any woman is more or less "hot". Could have been just testosterone boys talk.
We had some truly hot teachers when I was a teen in the late 60s. My high school was brand new when I went into the 10th grade. In fact, it started as a junior-senior high school running 7-10 the first year, adding a year until we were graduated. So my class was always the "senior" class.

Being a new school, it was staffed mostly with brand new teachers right out of college (the more established teachers were generally not willing to leave where they were).

And a few of those new young teachers were exceptionally hot. There was the Spanish teacher, of whom the girls snickered "I don't know how she can stand upright with those things." Lots of boys took Spanish.

There was the geometry teacher who drove a red Opel GT convertible, wore short skirts, and liked to sit on the front of desk. Lots of boys taking geometry, too.

And there was the English teacher who I swear to gawd had walked right off the Soul Train set without even changing clothes.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:57 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
I think this is all an individual experience. I did not have any teachers I found physically attractive K-12, and I graduated high school in the early 2000s. However, there were some college instructors (mainly PhD students in their late 20s doing student teaching) that I found sexy.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:57 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
Earlier today I overheard a very...interesting conversation. I went to pick up some groceries and sat down on one of the benches to smoke a cigarette, three teen boys came up and sat down on the other bench and just started talking typical teen boy stuff, but eventually they got on to the topic about how hot their teachers were, saying stuff like "Yeah, Mrs. x is sexy as ****" and "Oh I would love to screw Mrs. Y" etc. etc. And they mentioned maybe 3 or 4 of them.

Damn, when I was in HS I guarantee NONE of us found any of our teachers hot or sexy much less wanted to do any of them, they all looked really old and wore matronly clothes, and I graduated in 2005 FTR. There was only one woman when I was in school that guys would refer to as hot but she wasn't even a teacher, she was the cheerleading coach lol. Boy have times changed!
When I visited the elementary school where my daughter first started teaching, they had a ton of new hires (lots of turnover). Many of the young women showed up for work dressed like they were going clubbing. Mini-minisirts knee high leather boots, super low cut tops. Heavy makeup. Some looked like full on hookers. I am not sure what they were trying to accomplish but several of them got sent home repeatedly to change their clothes during the first two weeks. Apparently teaching at a school is the new pick up location.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't remember any teachers in school being attractive. I graduated in the 80's. The teachers were all much older and very matronly.
I went to a Catholic HS, lots of creepy priests/nuns, one very flamboyant priest who later came out, a few misfit teachers that the public school would never hire and then there was the 2 gym teachers. One was old and butch and one was young and smokin!

I would have never had the guts to try anything with the hot one though but then again I wasn't the captain of the football team either.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:49 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
When I visited the elementary school where my daughter first started teaching, they had a ton of new hires (lots of turnover). Many of the young women showed up for work dressed like they were going clubbing. Mini-minisirts knee high leather boots, super low cut tops. Heavy makeup. Some looked like full on hookers. I am not sure what they were trying to accomplish but several of them got sent home repeatedly to change their clothes during the first two weeks. Apparently teaching at a school is the new pick up location.

Yeah, attire is an issue. More so for women but some men also. We had a couple female teachers who always pushed the envelope in dress when they were first hired.

I hate to say it but some just don't/didn't know any better. I had one come up to me complaining that she had yet again been counseled about her clothing asking me what I thought. I just told her that all the boys thought she had a nice rack. Her low cuts were never seen again.

We also had an Administrative Team that would complain about stupid **** like shoes (not hooker boots but professional looking shoes) and harass female teachers unmercifully over it. Those women administrators were worthless.

Then there were the male administrators who encouraged the younger female teachers to dress more "youthfully". They would really come down hard on those who turned them down for dates.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:18 AM

447 posts, read 208,634 times
I had a huge crush on my social studies teacher in 10th grade. Super handsome. I got the pleasure of being seated close to his desk - unfortunately I had a hard time concentrating because I couldn't stop staring and fantasizing about him. He would sometimes catch me and ask "Bobby is there somthing I can help you with?"
"Quickie in the back would be nice."

I got to know his gorgeous, red headed daughter and we became very good friends. Many years after we graduated she invited me over to their house for dinner. Had a fantastic time - lovely wife, lovely daughters and Mr Cooke looked even more handsome than I remembered. At the end of the evening I became the adopted son of the family. Wish I had made more of an effort to keep in touch but I was in my early 20's and still trying to find my way but I'll never forget that warm family or that friendly hug from Mr Cooke at the end of the evening as I walked out their door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education