U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 10:24 AM

78,571 posts, read 70,482,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I don't know, and this may be off topic, but when I was a boy, nasty men, of blessed memory, disciplined me with an iron fist, and every day I love them more for it.

I do the same with my boys and guidance counselor at school, a woman who doesn't suffer fools gladly, tells me to keep doing it.

One gets straight As, reads a lot on his own, does Lego, counts money, and plays piano.

The other gets straight Bs, and is a football player.
How old are these kids? Lego? "Counts money"? I'm not following you. Is this one in grade school?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 10:27 AM

475 posts, read 110,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Now queue the response from the SJWs, none of whom took Differential Geometery or passed Calculus of Stochastic Processes or contemplated taking Theoretical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics or Solid State Physics who will proclaim "Nonsense! It is because of sexual discrimination and harassment in higher education!" There may be something to that, but it is not the only thing happening.

We also expect more math under-achievers as well among men, and that appears to be the case.
I've also read articles that implied as much. Makes you wonder.
Are they denied being able to sign up for Calc3 because they are a girl ?
Are they sexually harassed on the first day of class in Physics so they end up dropping the class ?

I just looked up some stats. In the 80's only 6% of engineers were women. Today that percentage is closer to 14% so they are making strides.

I graduated college in the 80's. Nobody cared. You did your thing. No special doors got opened because you were a girl.

I'd say right around 2000 is when I noticed changes. I was offered a promotion over several males who were more than qualified and I knew I wasn't qualified. I turned it down.
I was also offered opportunities for travel assignments for which I wasn't qualified and turned down.
One manager later confided to me that they were asked to prioritize females for these opportunities.
I did tell him that if a trip to Hawaii came up I would definitely play the "girl card"

I just wanted to be "one of the guys" with equal opportunity and be respected by my peers (majority men) for my knowledge and expertise and not wondering if I got to where I was because I was a girl.
I wasn't comfortable with the push to get "female" engineers into the spotlight over qualified engineers.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:08 AM

7,575 posts, read 2,223,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. There are other influences at work outside the school environment, that schooling can't do much about. What is it? I think parents need to be more involved with their boys, especially dads. There need to be more bonding opportunities, which turn into role modeling. Aside from that, I don't know what the problem might be. "Peer pressure" is too vague. Where does dysfunctional peer pressure start? What's at the root of it? Indifferent or absent parenting? The internet? IDK. But we as a society need to figure it out.
It's the school environment that has corrupted boys ability to learn.

Making a 6 year old boy sit still for 7 hours (no gym or recess) without an outlet for energy is CRUEL.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Making a 6 year old boy sit still for 7 hours (no gym or recess) without an outlet for energy is CRUEL.
Yes, the elimination in some schools of gym and recess was brought up earlier in the thread. But that doesn't account for the the recent post by a teacher, who says boys have been getting weirder each year. Something else is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye;
There is no favoritism going on folks. I teach high school freshman. 130 15 year old male and female students a day. 15 year old boys have become more and more bizarre with each passing year to the point where they are almost regressing in their maturity while the female students are progressing beyond where they ever where.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:25 AM

8,586 posts, read 3,019,935 times
Quote:
Yes, the elimination in some schools of gym and recess was brought up earlier in the thread. But that doesn't account for the the recent post by a teacher, who says boys have been getting weirder each year. Something else is going on.
Well... this is very subjective and ancient news, but major "attitude" shifts in student population aren't a new thing. I've seen several, across my time in the stocks and six kids.

But when I was in high school, my bud-with-a-car and I chanced across a junior high letting out, and the girls were... gorgeous. Drop-dead. Yowza. We both agreed that neither of us had seen anything like that in our junior high days, just a couple of years earlier. Although we were... entertained, I'm not saying this is any good thing, as commercial whoredom sort of rolled down the ages to (now) toddlers... but it was a fairly shocking change for anyone whose experiences lay in the pre-glam era.

So boys being "weird" to an older teacher? My mother told stories all across her 25-year second career as a junior high/high teacher, too.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:30 AM

16,089 posts, read 17,884,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Of course, you have probably not been in a classroom full of 6 year olds in a long time. The kids do NOT sit still for 7 hours. First grade now includes learning stations that the children get up and go to for at least part of the day. Kids now also move from room to room for specials (art, library, gym, music) Note that gym is not being eliminated for most elementary schools - that tends to happen in middle school - not good, but not something you see with 6 year olds. Often the teacher may be working with a small group on something and the rest of the children are moving about the stations. Also, usually these classes do have a short recess before or after lunch. Circle times are not sitting still. Often the teacher will have the children getting up and singing or dancing.

https://brownbagteacher.com/1st-grad...e-day-in-life/

https://www.tunstallsteachingtidbits...?cn-reloaded=1

https://youtu.be/auCc_BTmuFc

https://youtu.be/MPrf6qFwMuo

It was much more likely to be sitting for 7 hours when I went to school in the 1950s.

Old 06-01-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Well... this is very subjective and ancient news, but major "attitude" shifts in student population aren't a new thing. I've seen several, across my time in the stocks and six kids.

But when I was in high school, my bud-with-a-car and I chanced across a junior high letting out, and the girls were... gorgeous. Drop-dead. Yowza. We both agreed that neither of us had seen anything like that in our junior high days, just a couple of years earlier. Although we were... entertained, I'm not saying this is any good thing, as commercial whoredom sort of rolled down the ages to (now) toddlers... but it was a fairly shocking change for anyone whose experiences lay in the pre-glam era.

So boys being "weird" to an older teacher? My mother told stories all across her 25-year second career as a junior high/high teacher, too.
IDK. I think we need to hear from greenvillebuckeye again. More info needed. He said, every year, they're getting progressively more immature. But maybe you have a point; maybe as he gets older, he notices it more? Or could it be, that certain media, and video games, are encouraging immature values/behavior?

Old 06-01-2019, 11:37 AM

8,586 posts, read 3,019,935 times
Quote:
Or could it be, that certain media, and video games, are encouraging immature values/behavior?
No! Not that!

Maybe he's seeing the first generation to grow up glued to a black rectangle. Well, first generation since Moonwatcher, anyway.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:52 PM

594 posts, read 223,077 times
It is very hard for me to express my words on this subject and I really wish I could debate about this in a room of men young and old. However the problem is greater then understanding.

The parents ( boomers and early Xers ) are not being parents. We had a war and nobody cares about people that died for nothing. Nobody cared about the stress of not joining. All people cared about is themselves. Your children ( who are now older then when you had them ) are still struggling for their majors and all you/they can do is watch them struggle. Be verbal abusive, and patronizing.

When you tell your sons who spent a good chunk of there lives on there backs scrambling for cash trying to stand up right to just "take a city job or join the military" and they have been taught to be peaceful living people. Your basically saying "everything I taught you about god is a lie and mass murdering people is an acceptable way of life"

When you bash somebody areas of studies or who they are instead of helping them you are basically saying to your well educated son "I want you do disown me and change your name and to just drop me off a cliff instead of giving me a proper burial. If I need to be taken care of just dump me inside of a cheapest nursing home and uncle same controls when I live or die"

I have attempted to get work in my field. I have seen retired men using there money to open businesses to art-whores latched on to them like blood suckers. I have seen these men hire women not because of there major or abilities but there pretty faces. I have seen men jealous of me because I am doing what they want with little or no money. I have seen women who are playing "keeping up appearances" and are so afraid of making a bad impression they keep me from there friends.

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Parents are not being parents. Back in the 1990's we said "kids are raising kids" ( whoever made that mention ). That is what happen. Young parents with the income and education did not have a clue what to do with any of their abilities at all.

When your father buys a rental and claims they can not send their son to private school. Instead he wants his college trained wife to home-school his son. When your dad makes babies ( commit adultery ) with somebody who is not your mother he tries to walk it off by introducing the kid into the household without telling the truth. He physically abuse your mother in front of you while your naked which leads to a final straw of separation. Your mother is traveling back and forth sending you to school in another area and her husband ( your father ) tricks her out of her debit card of her own account they share. Father could ramble about is his child support when he could have started a trust-fund. Father could ramble about is the gays and god; when clearly his son needs a diet and should be practicing something other then playing videogames and or trying to be movie star.

I mean granted father did go camping, horseback riding, boating, and byplane flying. However is any of that going to lead into a career they could be happy in? Yes we all could talk about these experiences that provide us cushion.

When you live inside of a box ( literally ) and your the most behaved person in the classroom and everybody else lives in houses with lawns. They make fun of your kid because they are the most lightest/darkest/alien-race in the room. Why? Because there parents fill them with racism and hate. They call you gay, You do things well but your fellow student give more credit to the other guy just because he looks better on the outside.

Your embarrassed about inviting a girl home and you will find your fellow students are prostituting themselves in front of a fast-food joint. Your school is filled with self-proclaimed gang members and bullies who wants to "run your pockets". Your in Jr High and people try and beat you up but you fight back. You have transfer students who try and get on your nerves and get into fights with you.

You have people of your own culture attacking you in classroom attempting to force you to fight. You stand down in embarrassment. Time passes they change trying to make better for themselves. People make fun of and make penis jokes about you ( just because the shape of your face or color is different ). Time passes they realize they are attacking themselves ( there own kind ). That guy in the classroom who can not pronounce words is registered in the military and even he insulted you. Time passes even the a bully that tried to mess with you is now a successful bar owner. They are all better off then you. Meanwhile your still struggling to lose weight, still struggling to study. still struggling to figure out life. That guy that was speaking to you in your college art class now dawns his scoutmasters uniform of boy-scouts he once attended and shuns and ignores you.

Your not an ugly person. Pretty girls of your major admires you. However when it comes to sex your parents are silent. You have to bring girls into your place because it is a new experience with your mother who is literally a brainwashed victim of feminism. I mean like all the bs they talk about in feminism that leads to women becoming downfall. She is still afraid of you getting some girl pregnant and your like literally paying her bills. She is so afraid of everything and everybody around her and hides it with her politeness. It is terrible.

Your mother is being guided/manipulated by a fat spinster who is married into your family. A spinster who does not want to leave because she is saving up money for her house. She plans to leave your great uncle who son was hit down by a car. They are not trying to have a second son. Meanwhile your parent is being giving advice by another spinster ( her sister ) who spent jail-time for trying to kill her husband and still does not have her papers. The type who watches Oprah and Jerry Springer. The type that is a "housewife at heart". The type who thinks a construction worker who is literally near your age is acceptable.

THE PROBLEM IS ME. AGAIN THE PROBLEM IS ME. I KNOW THIS PROBLEM FIRST HAND.

I grow up being shielded from one kind of evil only to be exposed to another kind of evil. This eventually defined who I am later in life. Then when I go to college ( which I am still in ) instead getting the support or guiding light from my family. All I am getting is ( ALL WE SONS ARE GETTING.

ANSWER Mama

Son could you help me pay the bills. Also clean up the place, take the trash out, wash the dishes even if your sibling does not do any of those things. Meanwhile I am in college. Why should any 17-24 year old use any money for any bills? You could cancel the cable. You could go on a diet. You could actually start asking questions about college or investing time in my studies or anything else. No research and no nothing. The parent struggling to keep bills up while they have there own college loans.

ANSWER Papa

Son your mother child support is preventing me from buying a new Mercedes and I had to buy an old one. Son your mother is preventing me from buying a new boat and I had to buy an old one. Merry $#%@ Christmas giving you an outdated computer. Here is my outdated camera for your areas of studies, Outdated everything. Insulting everything you love and cherish. Insulting who you are. Wants to see you with a girl but does not want to fund your dates. Wants you to live with him but in reality he ust wants the child support to stop*.

* Is paying child support because his job has full medical for children and did not want to put his kids on his medical insurance and attempted to use that as leverage to get his wife ( your mother ) to comeback. That is why the judge forced him into child-support payments.

He is planning to ditch the third women he had kids with and start a new family. He keeps thinking "oh wow I worked so hard, when his job have facilities with weight-rooms, showers, and pools.

Then what about the Grandparents?

Mothers father: I do not want to hear it you are going to take this city exam ( so he will not help out with his daughter bills ). Can you join the military?

He brought a woman over A man who playboy his money. Real gold he got from his father. He came to America and brought a stranger over instead of his daughters. Even brought a house in her name. When she had her citizenship she left him. Another woman he gave his daughters baby album.

He trust a strange woman over his daughters. He brought a girl over, and even brought her a house. The moment she got her citizenship she did not want to see him. Then he brought his daughters over. He gave a woman his daughters baby photo album only for it never to be recovered.

He trust a strange woman who is near your age 17-24 over his own grandson. Gave this woman car, vacation money, LIFO-suction, MONEY FOR COLLEGE, Baby-sat her kid. The woman left him and met a guy who figured her out. The man beat her up badly. Then Child-services ( APS ) kicked in and she used my Grandparent as a safe-house. She eventually killed herself at a party using drugs during a summer. $300,000 burnt on this stranger.

To make it worst the teachers do not care. is a job for them. They are filled with racism and screwed up ideas. Nobody spelled my name right because it was a religious name and from doctors offices to bursars offices they would always misspell my name.

I had a college debt. Nobody would hire me. Simple jobs because they did not trust me. Because they was afraid of me, or have doubt in me.

My other grandparent ( my fathers father ) was happy to know of my existence. My father going to make him think I am gay. He is positioned where my kind of work could be used. Somebody else called him my name and claimed that "I was in jail, for drugs, in dominica republic ( this grandparent have race issues ), I need money " . Thanks to that he sold the house dirt cheap to the mail-man. I also speculate like that tv series "Shameless" I believe my own father might have did that on purpose. Even if it was one of my fathers cousins or the mail-man himself. Every time I call my fathers father he thinks I am in jail, I am gay, I am a druggie, I am no good. I only met the guy once in my entire life. I learn one thing from him

"Outta sight outta mind" ( maybe that is what is wrong with the world ????? )

You have to get down on your knees ( I mean old school style ) and cut yourself ( like princess Diana ) and cry, hit rocks against your head ( like native island people ) and tell your kids to take up whatever. Paint them a map. Give them an ultimatum

You gotta be humble and faithful like an elderly fool and command them like something out of "G.I. Samurai" ( go watch the unedited version of G. I. Samurai and cut to the near end ) because believe it or not that is the method of thinking of most guys. We are so honorable to our family but we are waiting for the correct order.

You have to put your money where your mouth is and do not stop until everything is done.

Not just scream and complain about N-word or stuff your face with fat and be lazy about the whole thing.

.................................................. .................................................. .............

The problem are the parents. That is it. It is not the children or students. It is the parents. The parents are too weak and do not have the ability.

When father says about there kid with a disease " I hope they do not die otherwise I will be responsible for the loan"

Or "Taking your lazy arse time" when your about to eat dinner. To his daughter who is going through puberty.

Or "Fear the brother and not me" because he is too coward to stand up to an obvious druggy who is way too older dating his daughter ( your sister ) and possible using her for prostitution. Because he is too cheap to send his daughter away to relatives and pay for her to go to private school before things get late. Because he would rather have his son targeted because of indifference.

Or "Son you do not need your old friends you will make new friends in the neighborhood we are moving too"

.................................................. ...

A teacher is only a substitute parent. A TEACHER IS ONLY A SUBSTITUTE PARENT.

A professor is a living lexicon on a subject A PROFESSOR IS A LIVING LEXICON ON A SUBJECT.

Get this into your selfish godless unforgivable low-minded skulls. Stop thinking becoming some random major will make your life better. You can not even support your children financially you have no say on the subject. Your no good dirty rotten low-minded, selfish, lying r-tard.

Your children are not lazy. You are lazy. Thus your children becomes lazy. You come home from work you kiss the feet of your children because that aide will be the one the put a pillow over your face and your child will get bored of you and dump you in a nursing home.

They will bring there criminal boyfriends into your house and it will become there new base. Your children will be somebodies puppet. Your children will not be able to independently or know the laws around them to defend themselves. If all you are teaching your kids is about money and not about actually making the land around them better and bettering themselves. Nobody will go nowhere.

What do you expect. People are looking around them and saying. There has to be a better life and all you can do is be verbal/physically abusive about things.

All you can do is say things like"He needs to be inside of an asylum" or still mock him left to right. You compare your college educated son who struggled for a normal HS diploma, and a college education just to compare him to a homeless person who gets paid minimum wage on a construction site being exposed to drugs, prostitution, and ex-convicts???

Last edited by toobusytoday; 06-04-2019 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: removed crude comments

Old 06-01-2019, 01:06 PM

6,607 posts, read 10,669,475 times
Quote:
How old are these kids? Lego? "Counts money"? I'm not following you. Is this one in grade school?
An eight-year old who counts money and stacks up coins by diameter, who puts the bills in his wallet in value order, each bill face by face. He also does Lego.

He just proposed me a deal: he reads three books this month for enough money to buy another Hatchimal.

But that's not really the point that you should be following.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or