U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-02-2022, 09:25 PM
 
15,298 posts, read 14,085,351 times
Reputation: 13914

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
There may be a numerically low number of districts that are pushing craziness onto young children, but the ones that are, are wealthy and large, and are near media and political centers. That in itself attracts a lot of attention and assures the viral video will get shared over and over.
I'm not expert. but not long ago the pros told us there was no CRT outside law and grad schools with smattering applied across some college classes. All of that was a masterclass in smoke-screening. Important elements of CRT have been in K-12 for several years now and the notion that it is rare is simply more smoke-screening.


A great and early example of CRT false revisionism is the lie that white Europeans brought the barbaric act of scalping to America and Native Americans learned of such from the Euros.

The fact is all of that is a preposterous set of lies that fly in the face of all manner of archeologically supported history. Via bits like, "The Crow Creek Massacre" circa 1350.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crow_Creek_massacre


_________

Read at least the last sentence and this clown is a Stanford Ph.D.
https://indiancountrytoday.com/archi...ing-in-america
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2022, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
6,542 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Reputation: 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
A great and early example of CRT false revisionism is the lie that white Europeans brought the barbaric act of scalping to America and Native Americans learned of such from the Euros.
I was taught that in the 1970's. I was also taught that the Mayflower landed in Massachusetts not because it was blown off course while heading for Jamestown, but because they'd "run out of beer" and made an emergency landing. I was also taught that the Civil War was not fought to end slavery, but over States' Rights.

I went to public school in a prosperous suburb and also a fancy prep school in suburban Essex County, NJ. In other words, people who are now Movers and Shakers in America were taught the same things.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2022, 07:43 AM
 
366 posts, read 89,457 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why are so many school boards pushing Critical Race Theory and LGBT propaganda in schools?

How did superintendents become so political?

Likely they learned that getting their degrees and some of it became required courses at universities.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2022, 08:46 AM
 
Location: A coal patch in Northern Appalachia
8,871 posts, read 8,955,160 times
Reputation: 10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why are so many school boards pushing Critical Race Theory and LGBT propaganda in schools?

How did superintendents become so political?
Please name one school district that is pushing Critical Race Theory and LGBT propaganda in schools. I've only heard of school boards that are afraid it might be taught in their schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
There may be a numerically low number of districts that are pushing craziness onto young children, but the ones that are, are wealthy and large, and are near media and political centers. That in itself attracts a lot of attention and assures the viral video will get shared over and over.
Again, please name one of these wealthy and large school districts that are near media and political centers who are pushing Critical Race Theory and LGBT agendas in schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I was taught that in the 1970's. I was also taught that the Mayflower landed in Massachusetts not because it was blown off course while heading for Jamestown, but because they'd "run out of beer" and made an emergency landing. I was also taught that the Civil War was not fought to end slavery, but over States' Rights.

I went to public school in a prosperous suburb and also a fancy prep school in suburban Essex County, NJ. In other words, people who are now Movers and Shakers in America were taught the same things.
So you were taught that the Mayflower made an emergency landing in Massachusetts because they ran out of beer? If so, I think your teacher was confusing a spring break road trip he/she made during college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Likely they learned that getting their degrees and some of it became required courses at universities.
Very unlikely that anyone learned anything about Critical Race Theory in college unless they were in law school or an African American studies major.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2022, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
6,542 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Reputation: 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Again, please name one of these wealthy and large school districts that are near media and political centers who are pushing Critical Race Theory and LGBT agendas in schools.
Just one? Not even a challenge. Loudoun County, VA is the wealthiest county in America and it's where a lot of highly paid senior Federal officials live.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/22...ic-opposition/

Quote:
So you were taught that the Mayflower made an emergency landing in Massachusetts because they ran out of beer? If so, I think your teacher was confusing a spring break road trip he/she made during college.
You never heard that? You lived a sheltered life. People are apparently still arguing about whether it was true.
https://www.businessinsider.com/pilg...giving-2015-11
https://www.appeal-democrat.com/dont...r%20priorities.

Quote:
Very unlikely that anyone learned anything about Critical Race Theory in college unless they were in law school or an African American studies major.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

BTW, please tell me why, if CRT is not being taught in any K-12 school in the United States, nobody on the Left has come out against teaching CRT at that level? All we ever hear are denials.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2022, 08:10 AM
 
15,298 posts, read 14,085,351 times
Reputation: 13914
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Just one? Not even a challenge. Loudoun County, VA is the wealthiest county in America and it's where a lot of highly paid senior Federal officials live.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/22...ic-opposition/



You never heard that? You lived a sheltered life. People are apparently still arguing about whether it was true.
https://www.businessinsider.com/pilg...giving-2015-11
https://www.appeal-democrat.com/dont...r%20priorities.



You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

BTW, please tell me why, if CRT is not being taught in any K-12 school in the United States, nobody on the Left has come out against teaching CRT at that level? All we ever hear are denials.
It's tiresome and an affront to reasonably academy. Pretending something does not exist across K-12 when it obviously does, two minutes honest looking about proves as much, is just pretending.

Took me three seconds to find this.......
https://areomagazine.com/2022/01/18/...ols-in-the-us/

and this in 3 more......
https://local12.com/news/nation-worl...t-into-schools
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2022, 08:48 AM
 
Location: A coal patch in Northern Appalachia
8,871 posts, read 8,955,160 times
Reputation: 10981
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Just one? Not even a challenge. Loudoun County, VA is the wealthiest county in America and it's where a lot of highly paid senior Federal officials live.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/22...ic-opposition/



You never heard that? You lived a sheltered life. People are apparently still arguing about whether it was true.
https://www.businessinsider.com/pilg...giving-2015-11
https://www.appeal-democrat.com/dont...r%20priorities.



You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

BTW, please tell me why, if CRT is not being taught in any K-12 school in the United States, nobody on the Left has come out against teaching CRT at that level? All we ever hear are denials.
A search on whether critical race theory is being taught in Loudoun County Public Schools finds that they spent $34,167 in 2020 for seminars to familiarize senior officials with critical race theory and equity training because the district has a reputation for racism. The district denies that critical race theory is being taught. I suggest not reading The Federalist, which published many pieces that contained false information, pseudoscience, contradictions and misrepresentations regarding the pandemic and the 2020 election.

Regarding the Mayflower making an emergency landing in Massachusetts because they ran out of beer, the one article you cited states:

Quote:
Susan Cheever, author of "Drinking in America: Our Secret History," shares an oft-forgotten detail of the Pilgrims' arrival at Plymouth Rock.
The other article you cite states:

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's a myth.

Author and beer historian Bob Skilnik maintains it's absurd to believe the Pilgrims anchored simply because they had run out of beer. Aside from making them sound like drunken frat boys on a transatlantic beer cruise, historical documents indicate they had other priorities.
You asked why if CRT is not being taught in any K-12 school in the United States, nobody on the Left has come out against teaching CRT at any level. The answer is very few people know what CRT is and nobody other than brainwashed Trump worshippers care.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2022, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
6,542 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Reputation: 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
A search on whether critical race theory is being taught in Loudoun County Public Schools finds that they spent $34,167 in 2020 for seminars to familiarize senior officials with critical race theory and equity training because the district has a reputation for racism. The district denies that critical race theory is being taught. I suggest not reading The Federalist, which published many pieces that contained false information, pseudoscience, contradictions and misrepresentations regarding the pandemic and the 2020 election.
I suggest not believing the Loudoun County school board. I also find it hard to believe that such a wealthy and progressive area as Loudoun County has such a bad reputation for racism that they have to send their senior officials to race re-education camp for 34 grand, and that's supposed to be the end of it.

You asked for one example and I gave it to you. Now I will ask you for one example of a person on the Left denouncing (not simply denying) the teaching of CRT at the K-12 level.

Quote:
Regarding the Mayflower making an emergency landing in Massachusetts because they ran out of beer, the one article you cited states: ...
You claimed my teacher must have made it up just because you never heard of it. He obviously didn't.

In the future please keep in mind that not everything is "made up" just because you never heard of it.

Quote:
You asked why if CRT is not being taught in any K-12 school in the United States, nobody on the Left has come out against teaching CRT at any level. The answer is very few people know what CRT is and nobody other than brainwashed Trump worshippers care.
Really? That's your answer? I can tell you that if people claimed White Supremacy was being taught in schools, not only would school boards deny it but they would come out forcefully against the teaching of White Supremacy. Yet all we get from school boards regarding CRT is that it doesn't exist in their schools and you must be brainwashed if you think it does. Riiight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2022, 12:36 PM
 
2,868 posts, read 2,039,145 times
Reputation: 10712
Well, this thread 100% proved the OP's point.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2022, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Shawnee-on-Delaware, PA
6,542 posts, read 5,736,137 times
Reputation: 13079
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Well, this thread 100% proved the OP's point.
I disagree. The OP said "Reportedly people are leaving school boards in droves, just because it's not worth the aggravation - or the threats."

Nobody in this discussion has threatened anyone else, and if people ran for an office and don't like the fact that they get pushback from taxpayers and parents sometimes, then being on the school board is not ideal for them.

BTW people leave church committees and quilting clubs over disagreements all the time. Maybe the New York Times will print a hand-wringing op-ed about that someday.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top