Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 05:38 AM

9,346 posts, read 13,977,542 times

Advertisements

Looked at another way, once you’ve reached your peak, the summit, where the view is spectacular, “there’s no way to go but down”. Any subsequent step you take will be slightly lower. So we all try to “hang on as best we can”. And most of us do pretty well unless outside circumstances change things substantially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2022, 08:35 AM

4,620 posts, read 3,188,610 times
luv4horses, don't even TRY to rain on my parade!

At this point, I am going to demand my coworkers award me my Resse's Peanut Butter Cup.

If you side wide me, I'll share with you!

Old 11-07-2022, 05:21 AM

9,346 posts, read 13,977,542 times
Admittedly I was addressing the phrase rather than the original post.

Whether or not a person can coast at the end of their workday has mostly to do with the type of work.

Some of us are doing similar activities all day long. You hit the first hour hard while you are waking up or readjusting from what you do earlier. Toward the end of the day you are working just as hard but you have hit a rhythm so mentally it’s easier and more automatic to keep going. You relax and look forward to afterwards. In that case it’s not “all downhill” but rather “smooth sailing” that last hour or two.

Others arrive at work planning one thing but something else shows up on top of it. Part of the day is used getting rid of paperwork. Or correct mistakes by you or your team. Part is used devising solutions for current and future needs/problems. Toward the end of the day you must push hard to meet a deadline or overcome a momentary crisis. When you leave for the day you might worry about whether you did things right. The day is constant ups and downs. And stays with you mentally when you leave for the day.

Old 11-07-2022, 05:52 AM

4,620 posts, read 3,188,610 times
luv4horses, good morning.

You know what?... I work in a JAIlL, and actually love my job, so in the big picture, Uphill?/Downhill?.... It doesn't matter

There are so many people unhappy in their jobs/careers, and I am not. So I am just going to feel blessed in that!

For the most part, there is no HILL to my day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education