Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2023, 07:06 AM

74 posts, read 171,668 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a former northerner who has been living in the south for the past seven years, and ultimately very disappointed with the school services that are available. I have been told to move north to find better schools with better services and more resources for our child who needs a lot of services. I am wondering what states are best equipped whether it be north mid west or north east United States to be able to provide services in a small classroom. She is mainstreamed but just needs a smaller student teacher ratio and potentially an aid for social and emotional coaching. She has a 135 IQ. Our housing budget is 700s to 800s for a standalone house. Any suggestions are welcome. We are two hard-working people who work from home and can live anywhere. We do pay for private services such as psychiatry and OT. We do not want to homeschool as I do telehealth from home and do not have the bandwidth to be able to do that. I also recognize that I am not an educator and cut out for that role which I take very seriously.

Old 09-29-2023, 07:36 AM

2,517 posts, read 2,621,390 times
probably any North state, but especially in suburban school districts near a big city is usually your best or safest best.

Another option is to look for states that allow cyber schools- I know PA, NC, TX, and ID are states that allow. If your child has an IEP, they can still engage and not be too distracted, and have the potential to go at a faster pace than normal in a cyber environment

Old 09-29-2023, 07:46 AM

6,114 posts, read 12,437,389 times
Do you like where you live now aside from the schools? Have you explored private schools?

Old 09-29-2023, 07:49 AM

6,114 posts, read 12,437,389 times
Just saw your other thread(s). Lots of good suggestions already.

IMO - you're going to struggle with the shotgun approach. I live in an area with "great" schools, and sometimes even hear people complaining.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:18 AM

13,247 posts, read 33,282,980 times
OP, You have multiple posts asking the same question. Cross posting is not allowed on city-data

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education