U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM

3,434 posts, read 6,662,494 times

Advertisements

In a class of 64 people, there wasnt much popular-not popular people. Everyone from 7th grade thru 12th were in the same building and everyone pretty much knew who everyone was. When there was a party, usually the whole class was invited. i probably would have been more popular if I hadnt had a GF during the 11 and 12th grade-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM

4,225 posts, read 10,213,358 times
Hardly at all!! I had friends and never had a "bad experience" with bullies or anything.

Our school was very clique-ish and each group pretty much kept to themeselves. At least that was my experience.

My graduating class was almost 600 in an upper-middle class suburbabn town of about 200K at the time (mid-90s).

Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 PM

37 posts, read 80,382 times
I was probably a 2 on a scale of 1-10. I hated high school. I was straight A, I played sports, but I was also in band and drama. Each clique talked to me during that activity but not so much outside of it, Everyone knew who I was - but I came from a small school so most of us knew who everyone was. I was also a little on the shy side so that probably had something to do with it....I was much more comfortable talking to older people than my peers. In all your education classes you learn about how important it is for students to find there 'place'. I never found my place, was in limbo-land the whole time and by the time I hit my junior year I couldn't wait to get out, go away to school where I knew no one and start over....It was great.

Like ParkerP commented on ... The one thing that is really aggravating to me is when people I graduated with see me now and say hi and start asking all sorts of questions about my life. I just want to walk away - they didn't talk to me then, why would I want to talk to them now? But thats probably my Italian side shining through and being stubborn!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,350 times
I like my High school days very much. My friends in high school, I think they would consider me as a nice and friendly girl on the quiet side. I joined many activities, had lots of friends, had good grades and bad grades, had pop swatch and bad pimple day, and the most memorable of all.
================================================== ===
vinus

[URL="http://www.addictionrecovery.net/michigan"]Addiction Recovery Michigan[/URL]

Old 07-18-2008, 06:49 PM

268 posts, read 655,947 times
I went to a very small high school, was a cheerleader, president of Student Body, voted "Most Outgoing", played volleyball.....but I wouldn't really consider myself "popular" or not. I was just there, I had my friends, I talked to everyone else's groups as well. I did like high school, so I guess I wasn't unpopular.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 PM

7,484 posts, read 14,495,595 times
I was pretty popular in the sense that I knew a lot of people, even though I only hung out with a select few on a regular basis. I was not shy and got along with most of the student body as long as they weren't total jerks. My high school only had about 900 students, with made it easy to socialize and all of the cliquey stuff that you see or hear about did not apply to my school. There were definitely 'groups' of people, but not cliques; there wasn't any one particular group that was the 'in' crowd.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:51 PM

718 posts, read 2,818,729 times
A 1 out of a 10

High School of 3,000 people

Old 07-18-2008, 10:24 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,802,590 times
I just had my high school reunion and just found out I was popular. Isn't that crazy? All these years I thought I was a dork and come to find out people actually liked me! I was in everything.....secretary of senior class, editor of the yearbook, honor society and on and on but I thought it was just dorky stuff that nobody noticed. Man, I wish I knew back then that I was pretty popular and maybe I wouldn't have hated high school so much!

2000 people at my High School. 450 in my senior class... i graduated 19th out of that.

Sorry, didn't mean to brag. It's fun reminiscing sometimes.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:30 PM

8,532 posts, read 10,516,744 times
I was more notorious than popular; simply because I loathe group conformity.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:17 PM

2,839 posts, read 6,572,435 times
Eh... I was not in the "in crowd," but I had plenty of friends, who ranged from drama club members to band geeks to cheerleaders. Most were in the honors classes with me. I'd say on a scale from 1-10 I was about a 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education