Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,344,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
I don't know a #@%$ in the !$@#% seems like it would hurt to me! Come on...it's a joke...laugh...lighten up

Seriously though, what if I gave another example. My friend's sister is a serious **** (can I say that?). Anyways, she is. She sleeps with at least 3 or 4 random guys a week. She's hurting no one, including herself. No STDs that I'm aware of. Do you see that as immoral? Be honest, in your eyes is she a ****? If so, why?

By the way, passing out was intended to mean go to sleep. Why do you guys keep twisting people's words. He's making it to work everyday, so I don't know to what extent he's hurting himself. Anyways, didn't this whole argument begin when SuSuSushi claimed the original story was twisted?
um, your exact words were "comes home and gets high until he passes out" which CAN mean passing out, as in lose consciousness. no one is twisting your words, your choice of words just isn't all that great (since most people who take drugs in excess typically lose conscience afterward).

what does it matter what I think of your friend's sister?? really, what does it matter what my morals are in this instance. if someone doesn't like gays b/c they think homosexuality is morally wrong, I'm cool w/ that, I don't care. some people think homosexuality is morally wrong, some people think sex before marriage is morally wrong, some people think eating meat is morally wrong. I don't care. I care when those personal moral objections morals affect my or someone's else way of life.

as a society, there are many things that everyone will more or less agree is morally wrong, such as murder, child abuse, etc. but people also have their own individual moral objections, things they personally find wrong, whether it's eating meat, spanking your child, having premarital sex, whatever. not everyone thinks it's morally wrong to eat meat, spank child, or have premarital sex and would be pissed off if laws were created to prohibit them from doing so (and before you ask, yes, I'm against laws that make it illegal to spank a child, but that's another thread, another forum). people's objections to homosexuality, due to the fact it's mainly rooted in religion, is a personal moral objection. it's fine to feel that homosexuality is morally wrong, but in society, realize this is your personal view and doesn't give you the right to practice discrimination. a lot of people can't seem to find the line between morally objecting to something and lashing out/discriminating against it (for example, I wouldn't call your friend's sister a wh*re or sl*t to her face or say she's going to hell for being a sl*t or try to reform/rehabilitate her. I can judge her in my own private life, and I don't expect people not to pass judgments in their own private lives, so long as it's kept private)

I feel like this topic as gone of course a bit, so I'm not going to keep answering about my morals regarding any other example you come up with. going back to the orignal post, as I've said before, I see nothing wrong w/ trying to teach kids acceptance at this age, and in the first year of school (or even before this), they may come across a same sex family, and may have questions. homosexuality can be discussed w/ kids this age w/o getting graphic.

Last edited by eevee; 10-28-2008 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: word edited out

Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
This topic has gone way off course. Time to close it.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education