Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 05:44 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,187,777 times

Advertisements

ydupepulcarsewmcuabutsplngendgrmrsothetwekincmmuna citeendnutfrkngezwhutumenihopdishalpdansiryurqustu n

(Translation: Why do people care so much about spelling and grammar? So that we can communicate and not freaking guess what you mean. I hope this helped answer your question.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:26 AM

437 posts, read 929,779 times
hahaha i would never try and guess on that!! i mean if i put
i werez a shirt to szcool and dey likd it. I read books that have this and it's like WHAT?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:18 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times
You seriously want the rest of the world to think that America is full of idiots who haven't graduated from high school? Suck it up and write like a real American and stop embarrassing us with your lousy English. It doesn't make you cool, it makes you an idiot.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM

437 posts, read 929,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
You seriously want the rest of the world to think that America is full of idiots who haven't graduated from high school? Suck it up and write like a real American and stop embarrassing us with your lousy English. It doesn't make you cool, it makes you an idiot.
then tell that to people who murder others, rape others, use drugs...etc
when we have world peace then tell me that again. I do use proper english, thank you.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,312,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
then tell that to people who murder others, rape others, use drugs...etc
when we have world peace then tell me that again. I do use proper english, thank you.
I think more and more people in this country are putting less value on learning the art of communication, because a growing percentage of people like to consider the subjects in this area as "soft" and of little financial value. I think eventually we'll turn into a society of engineers, nurses, electricians, computer technicians, etc., who simply cannot write or speak worth a d@mn.

So, maybe iColt is right to criticize. To h3ll with English and the likes. Only focus on learning a technical skill so that you can increase your earning potential (it's all about money, after all). I'm karious wut kind of tole thes wil tacke on sosiuty wen weer al riting lyke thes.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
Maybe it is because the schools have put so much emphasis on having no shame for laziness.
I sat in the teacher's lounge at lunch today and listened to a bunch of educators (all in their mid to late twenties, so fairly newly minted) speak incredibly derisively about people with broad vocabularies, and how it offends their sensibilities if somebody uses words like "cumbersome" or "surreptitious," rather than "less confusing" words of "fewer syllables."

Not only was there no shame about intellectual laziness, having a limited vocabulary was being more or less billed as a badge of honor. And these are people tasked with teaching.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:04 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I sat in the teacher's lounge at lunch today and listened to a bunch of educators (all in their mid to late twenties, so fairly newly minted) speak incredibly derisively about people with broad vocabularies, and how it offends their sensibilities if somebody uses words like "cumbersome" or "surreptitious," rather than "less confusing" words of "fewer syllables."

Not only was there no shame about intellectual laziness, having a limited vocabulary was being more or less billed as a badge of honor. And these are people tasked with teaching.
Yup. In a nutshell.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 PM

989 posts, read 3,525,950 times
I led my horse to get water but he wouldn't drink. I tried to shove his head in the water but he resisted. Horses are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education