U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM

28,202 posts, read 47,597,148 times

Advertisements

HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J. (WPIX) - A New Jersey mother accused of cursing out a principal at a back-to-school night meeting was in court Wednesday to answer a charge of disorderly conduct.

Cindy Schwalb pleaded not guilty to the charges which were filed by the Hasbrouck Heights School District.

NJ Mom Cindy Schwalb Faces Jail Time After Cursing Out Principal - WPIX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 06:45 PM

5,842 posts, read 8,599,318 times
Classic. Maybe the principal told her something that her sweet innocent child was doing, and she didn't want to hear it. Parents like this are a scourge, and a major part of our educational problems.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:55 PM

6,652 posts, read 18,665,355 times
Any boy that pulls down the pants of a 13 yr old girl needs to be EXPELLED from school.

That is what the mother was teed off about. She was miffed that the little God (school principal) was more upset at her language of which I do not blame her.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:13 PM

313 posts, read 940,662 times
I understand Ms. Schwalb's frustration, but what she did was unacceptable. I hope she doesn't have to do jail time, though. That boy SHOULD be expelled- and if I were her, I would have bypassed the school entirely and gone to the police- there have to be some kind of charges that can be made. Unfortunately my school deals with situations where kids are hit by other kids, etc. and usually I tell the parents that they will not get the response they want from the school/district, and they should go to the precinct.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:42 PM

4,507 posts, read 8,023,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Classic. Maybe the principal told her something that her sweet innocent child was doing, and she didn't want to hear it. Parents like this are a scourge, and a major part of our educational problems.
And do you think that lack of reading comprehension skills is a major part of our education problems?

How about that 13 year old girls have their pants pulled down at school and no one at the school seems to be doing much about it...how much do you think THAT contributes to educational problems?

Here's one account of the incidents leading up to her outburst:
Quote:
Hoping to address the matter with school officials, she and about 200 other parents attended a recent district seminar on bullying. During the meeting, she raised the subject of what happened to her daughter but was given the brush-off by school officials who said the meeting was not the place to express her concerns. When she persisted, school superintendent Joseph Luongo began questioning her (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_jersey/100113-mother-arrested-for-cursing-at-principal - broken link). When he inquired as to whether or not her daughter had been wearing thong underwear at the time her pants were pulled down, Schwalb became enraged. After the meeting, Schwalb met school principal Edward Bolcar in the hallway and gave him a piece of her mind. She told him he was “worthless” and then dropped an F bomb or two. She immediately regretted the outburst and apologized before leaving the building.
Did you get the part about how they are dismissing the issue of this girl (and others) being sexually harassed and focusing on what kind of underwear she was wearing?

Good for this mom for standing up for her daughter and bringing light to this situation. Maybe now the idiot school superintendent and/or principal will do something about the bullying.

So, tell me again why you think this mother is part of the problem?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM

5,842 posts, read 8,599,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
And do you think that lack of reading comprehension skills is a major part of our education problems?
apparently...

My comment was general. I'm not really familiar with this case, as you've proven.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,929,000 times
I would p*ssed off to if I were her. She ought to file assault charges on that little hoodlum to teach him a lesson.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 AM

Perhaps, instead of cursing out the principal....she should have pantsed him.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:05 PM

2,838 posts, read 9,034,187 times
Quote:
The district will reportedly pursue the charge to show that people will not get away with calling principals vulgar names.
Unfortunately for principals everywhere, it is not against the law to call them vulgar names, any more than it is against the law to call anyone else a vulgar name. They can discipline a student at their own school for calling them names, but they are not in authority over everyone else. LOL!

With that said, the mother should not have caused a scene like that at a back-to-school open house. I doubt she'll get jail time; do people typically go to jail for disturbing the peace, which is what she was actually doing?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchOfWhimsy View Post
Unfortunately for principals everywhere, it is not against the law to call them vulgar names, any more than it is against the law to call anyone else a vulgar name. They can discipline a student at their own school for calling them names, but they are not in authority over everyone else. LOL!

With that said, the mother should not have caused a scene like that at a back-to-school open house. I doubt she'll get jail time; do people typically go to jail for disturbing the peace, which is what she was actually doing?
It wasn't a back to school open house. It was a special seminar, put on by the district, to address the topic of BULLYING. The district officials weren't interested in addressing the bullying her daughter (and others) had been subjected to by the boys in their gym class. They gave her the brush off and wanted to know what kind of panties her daughter was wearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or