Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 594 times

Advertisements

The Kids who are involved in bullying reflects there upbringing and how they are raised by single parent or parents lacking discipline. I don't get it why it is so hard to implement zero tolerance policy in schools. It is the responsibility of the school principal and teachers to implement Zero tolerance policy and follow it. Bullying should be treated like any other crime , when it involves endangerment of other students. It is similar to suspending the driving license of a wreck-less driver or driving intoxicated. Bullying is a crime and should be treated like one. Schools are institution of learning, not playground of bullies. If they want to practice bullying, prison is there sanctuary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM

5 posts, read 3,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i hear ya...but things get so complicated.

i keep things simple...although my kids aren't old enough for school yet, i'll do what my parents did for me...they taught me to ignore what you can't control, and defend yourself when needed.

bully's are looking for attention, and the second they see a reaction from you, it's a win for them...the best defense of this is for parents to build self esteem, and for their kids to simply ignore it.

the bottom line is, bullying has been going on since the begining of time...it's always going to be a part of growing up, and not all kids will go through it. it's purely up to the parents to ensure their kids are equipped mentally and physically.
This post stopped me in my tracks.
This is also how we raised our kids.
It doesn't work when the teacher is the leader of the bullys.
The child stands up for themselves against teacher/school bully accusations and they are called a liar and labeled, and grades are sanctioned.
The child ignores it and the bullys just make their accusations random since they know the target is the set class scapegoat so they bully as it pleases them.
The target is the child of a certain "type" of parent.; Concientious that their child be respectful and follow the rules.
The target is NOT the child of a certain type of parent; Ruthless , selfish, kiss ass at all costs.

As good ,conscientious parents , by the time we realized the class bullys were getting their reward for bullying from the teacher the awful pattern was set in stone and we nearly had to tear the school down to ( so to speak) and quickly flew up the chain of command to get the harassment to stop. At that point the teacher had class parents spreading rumors and gossip about my child and me in an attempt to bully us into stopping our investigation of her "methods" of behavior management. The teacher even faked being ill and was out for a month to avoid answering our concerns-and went to the extreme of having a Union member present for a telephone conference because she claimed we were harassing and screaming at her on a crowded playground.
Unbelieveable the extent she went to to try and cover her tracks.

This year, the same trained bullys are trying their tactic with the new teacher but so far they have been re directed . The bully teacher is still there because of the Union. We are stared at daily because goodness knows what other stories she has spread about what went on last year to throw others off her trail as an abusive teacher.

Whew, bottom line, you know your child the best. parental intuition is real !! , and you must have the mindset of "hiring a lawyer" on behalf of your child because ;there are unscrupulous teachers out there that should NOT be in front of children , your child is NOT the first to be harassed in such a situation but chances are previous families just left the school and did not report or fight it. ( fact at our school )

If your child is NOT the target, they are witnessing the teacher behave this way and their social emotional development is corrupted too.

Kids are resilient and wont have the same teacher for ever, but think of the damage it does to the trust within a parent-child relationship when the teacher they leave the child with day after day is the bully.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:22 AM

572 posts, read 1,298,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i'm a big fan of teaching kids how to handle it themselves. there's not much parents and school teachers can do if they aren't there to witness the problem.

if you are getting bullied, stand up for yourself. even if you catch a butt whooping, it's not fun for the bully if you aren't scared.
I think this is well and good, but what about my 7 year old son, who happens to be developmentally delayed. I know that he will be bullied, it's inevitable, and he does not have the mental capacity at this time to defend himself.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,274,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duensina View Post
Bullying is an issue in almost every elementary school. Do you think that the responsibility of addressing bullying should lie with the parents or with the schools?
I think that if the school would send the bully home, then the parents would HAVE to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education