Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Thanks, Chuco.....!! You've spoiled us with your pictures....and we look forward to more!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
absolutely GORGEOUS PICTURES! thanks for sharing!
You are both very welcome ladies, I'm glad you liked them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry o View Post
Right on Chuco...........

Its cool to see the Palm trees in EP (and at Cohen ) as where were they in the 70's and 80's when i was a kid and teen back then...lol...

I know ya busy and got a life but maybe in the future we can see some Sun Bowl pics....

Again great Pics.........

Harry, I think there were palm trees, when we were growing up, just maybe some of us just didn't notice them as much or took them for granted? I know I did, I was more into other teen stuff back then.
But one thing is for sure, there is definitely way more palm trees in El Paso today than there was when we were growing up here. They just have taken off in the past 10 years IMO, and now almost everyone has one these days as compared to the 80's when you would see them just not nearly as much as today. Practically every new business gets them to compete with everyone else.
Plus, the city seems to be buying into the cool palm tree look and has placed them on medians throughout the city. I've seen them on Alabama street as you head to the Northeast, they are on Viscount and George Dieter in the East Side, and on North Mesa on the West Side, even on some streets in Central and the Mission Valley, they have just caught on like wildfire.

I got season tickets for the Miner games, so I can take some pics of the Sun Bowl when the season starts. That stadium is awesome nowadays, its been upgraded in the past 5 years, so its better than ever. If I get a chance to get up to UTEP, I'll take a quick few pics to share them on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 08:00 PM

172 posts, read 608,742 times
would you say that within ten years El Paso will have compareably as many Palm Trees as say Tucson? or no

Old 07-17-2007, 09:26 PM

47 posts, read 198,136 times
Thanks!

We just arrived in Texas yesterday. We start our drive to EP tomorrow! We're in Ft. Worth right now.

I can't wait to see it. I'm really excited!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 AM

507 posts, read 2,060,995 times
Chuco: Love the pics; you're quite the photog. Keep them coming. Can't believe all the development in and around the transmountain road / I-10 area.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwife87 View Post
Thanks!

We just arrived in Texas yesterday. We start our drive to EP tomorrow! We're in Ft. Worth right now.

It will be interesting to know your first impressions. Driving in from the East on I-10 can be interesting -- but doesn't give one the whole picture obviously. It's not the greenest city in the world --- and is so spread out along the interstate that it does look different than other cities right off the bat.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:55 AM

879 posts, read 3,036,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken.k-la View Post
would you say that within ten years El Paso will have compareably as many Palm Trees as say Tucson? or no
I'm not sure, but I think it will. Many people, businesses, public places, govt buildings are placing them all over the place, so we might have a lot more in 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwife87 View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by br7or13 View Post
Chuco: Love the pics; you're quite the photog. Keep them coming. Can't believe all the development in and around the transmountain road / I-10 area.
You're welcome, I'm glad you both liked them.

subwife87, welcome to the area, I hope you like it here.

br7or13, Thanks! I actually have an older digital camera, but it gets the job done. There is development everywhere, especially in the outer parts of town in every direction.

I will likely take some pictures of the medical school, sometime in the next few days, maybe over the weekend. I'll be doing some business in that area and I'll try to get some pics of it, the school is looking great!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 AM

59 posts, read 2,225,239 times
Default Transmountain Rd.

Photos recently taken going west on Transmountain Rd. At the distance, we can see the new Outlet Mall. As you all can see, at times the traffic really gets busy up there. I assume it'll get busier after Oct. 11.

The mall is almost ready.

Last edited by D'kota; 05-12-2008 at 11:02 PM..

Old 10-01-2007, 06:20 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,928,690 times
Great pics from TransMountain. Keep them coming if you've got more. Those are fantastic.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,947,688 times
Maybe we can get Austin Travler or someone else to put up a sticky here for pictures of El Paso. These are all some great pictures.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:26 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,608,169 times
Some more great photos of the mountains and palm trees to be added to the photo thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso