U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:38 AM

768 posts, read 1,943,164 times

Advertisements

Well actually they are just pictures of the Sun Bowl, the new UTEP parking garage, and the new Hilton Garden Inn, that was just built on UTEP property.

The Sun Bowl (capacity: 52,000)

They were working on the scoreboard, probably getting it ready for Sept 1st.

The Larry K. Durham Center

The new parking garage, next to the Sun Bowl, it is practically done, I think the right side of it, is already being used. (this garage should help out the parking situation for football games at UTEP)

The new Hilton Garden Inn, it was built in the same Bhutanese architectural style as UTEP, it was also built on UTEP property.

I know harry o asked for some pics of the Sun Bowl, so there are a few. I hope ya guys and gals like em. Next time I'll get the artificial turf on the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 AM

699 posts, read 1,986,895 times
Incredible photos Chuco! I absolutely love the Sun Bowl.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 PM

13,014 posts, read 24,204,558 times
Thanks for the great pics Chuco....Its got me fired up for Sept 1 when UTEP vs U.New Mexico as that should be a great game in a great stadium..

I wonder if the person who posted the picture a while back of the concrete part of the freeway and called EP ugly if he's seen all the different pictures you've posted of the Palm Trees, Medical Center, Franklins and Utep etc.....

Thanks Again !! Harry!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:07 AM

501 posts, read 1,237,413 times
The Sun Bowl and surrounding buildings look great. I'm ashamed to say I'm a UNM (Univ. of Nada Mucho) grad. So, I gotta say GO MINERS!! on 9/1.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:36 PM

639 posts, read 95,307 times
I must compliment you Chuco on your pic's, these are great and thanks for posting them for all to see how nice El Paso really is.

Oh and um! Harry, that guy you mentioned was he from Texas Freeway?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:55 PM

13,014 posts, read 24,204,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post

Oh and um! Harry, that guy you mentioned was he from Texas Freeway?
Here's his thread (6-17-07) and the responses he recieved from it.....

Is This What Most Of El Paso Looks Like?

Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 AM

Yeap! he got those pictures from Texas Freeway.Com and that person doing the documentation on El Paso freeways made that remark that El Paso was the most ugliest city in the country according to his opinion.
The guy from Columbus is clueless, but that picture with the open medium is a propossed freeway in NE El Paso.
El Paso is probably one of the most interesting cities in the world because of it's international status, as far as been ugly, theres some blight but theres alot more nice parts to it than say, ugly parts.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:28 PM

5,080 posts, read 3,250,335 times
Very Nice Photos. UTEP is a very pretty college. I love the style of the buildings, and that parking garage does not look like a Parking Garage.. that is outstanding.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:20 PM

One of a kind colleges with Bhutanese style architecture about all buildings on campus except maybe one has this same style, but all are different patterns and looks so all buildings are not look alikes, they have their own distinction, even some stores in the vicinity have incorporated the same architecture as on campus.
even the parking garage, how about that? UTEP is an El Paso Treasure.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:40 PM

5,080 posts, read 3,250,335 times
I agree.. have you looked at pictures of where they got the building style and architecture. Looks a lot like El Paso in some respects. So it was a natural fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso