Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:21 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times

Advertisements

Ok I said I would get some pictures of the GECU building, on Edgemere and Airway. The first 4 are of that.. the next 4 are of the end of the nice traffic jam we had there.. traffic is already starting to get bad here, just think what its gonna be like when them troops get here in mass.. holy cow..

Then we have the awesome park on edgemere that runs between airways and hawkins.. I have always liked this design and wish they would do more of it though out El Paso.

After those we have the Biggs Gate freeway and changes being made there.. then after that we have the Patriot Freeway from Fred Wilson to Diana work thats going on to add more lanes both ways. And I think in there is a picture of a high school ( pink building ) and another one of some construction going on up in upper logan heights.. some of you may remember that as a place you took basic or AIT or A & B noc.

El Paso Expansion pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

ENJOY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 10:05 AM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Ok I said I would get some pictures of the GECU building, on Edgemere and Airway. The first 4 are of that.. the next 4 are of the end of the nice traffic jam we had there.. traffic is already starting to get bad here, just think what its gonna be like when them troops get here in mass.. holy cow..

Then we have the awesome park on edgemere that runs between airways and hawkins.. I have always liked this design and wish they would do more of it though out El Paso.

After those we have the Biggs Gate freeway and changes being made there.. then after that we have the Patriot Freeway from Fred Wilson to Diana work thats going on to add more lanes both ways. And I think in there is a picture of a high school ( pink building ) and another one of some construction going on up in upper logan heights.. some of you may remember that as a place you took basic or AIT or A & B noc.

El Paso Expansion pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

ENJOY!
Nice pics Muhnay! I tried to find pictures of what the GECU building will look like on the net, but I couldn't find any.. I do remember seeing on the newspaper a while back the final product design and it does look like it will look really nice.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:28 PM

639 posts, read 1,042,816 times
WOW! thats some very interesting design on the GECU building, they should have built that building next to the federal courthouse to compliment it even further, I like all your pictures Muhnay, thank you for taking the time to go out of your way to take such nice pic's, I've always like that park myself seems like a good place to jog, and my mom lives near by it close to Burgess High School.
And that purple or pink building, you said a high school? I'm sure bigger changes are on the way.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:45 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
WOW! thats some very interesting design on the GECU building, they should have built that building next to the federal courthouse to compliment it even further, I like all your pictures Muhnay, thank you for taking the time to go out of your way to take such nice pic's, I've always like that park myself seems like a good place to jog, and my mom lives near by it close to Burgess High School.
And that purple or pink building, you said a high school? I'm sure bigger changes are on the way.
That purpleish building is Chapin High School, most new schools in El Paso look like colleges these days. Someone should get a picture of what the new Canutillo High School looks like.

Actually I found one on the net:
http://www.diarchitect.com/files/photo_24_1.jpg (broken link) It opened up last year and cost $28 million to build. Since this thread was about pictures about the GECU headquarters building.. Canutillo HS oddly enough is opening up a GECU branch inside the Canutillo HS this week.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:36 AM

639 posts, read 1,042,816 times
This picture is right at home regardless of threads, it's El Paso and all about El Paso, I tell the locals over here that they still build schools in El Paso, they dont build schools over here where I'm at they either close them down or change their names.

And so now this is Canutillo High School? Oh My God, awesome just awesome, and the purplish building is Chapin High? that school did'nt exist when I moved out of El Paso in 88.
Again many thanks to both of you Muhnay and Chuco for sharing El Paso with those of us that that live over the hills and far far away but still carry El Paso with us in our hearts where ever we may live at the moment.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
yeah I walked it today, and it is amazing. I hope the new school way out far NE looks like this. This is a brilliant design and something high school kids should be proud of that attend this school.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM

59 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Default Canutillo High School

As we were passing by in front of the new school, I took this photo. It only shows part of it, but the whole thing looks very nice.

Last edited by D'kota; 05-12-2008 at 11:01 PM..

Old 10-16-2008, 02:12 PM

138 posts, read 454,126 times
All of the new schools that have gone up in EP look awesome! I think it all started with the construction of Franklin...

BTW I think that GECU building is hideous! It looks like some old broken building or prison or something...

Old 10-16-2008, 03:02 PM

507 posts, read 1,659,269 times
Have they finised that GECU Building? i left in July it looked really nice before i left. Hopefully El Paso builds up!
It's nice to see that the Biggs Freeway is coming along! It's gonna be great to see when I visit El Paso for Thanksgiving and hopefully US-54 will be done by when I go home for Christmas

It's just a bum that El Paso starts to get bigger and bigger when i leave!

Old 11-05-2008, 01:45 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
All of the new schools that have gone up in EP look awesome! I think it all started with the construction of Franklin...

BTW I think that GECU building is hideous! It looks like some old broken building or prison or something...
I'm having a hard time liking that building too....it's way too "busy" with all those narrow windows. I had hoped their new building would be more in tune to the southwest style. JMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: