Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:51 AM

346 posts, read 647,176 times

Advertisements

I left the Albertson's Empire for the land of HEB. The one thing I miss about Albertson's was its bakery section; especially those macadamia nut cookies. And what Thanksgiving or Christmas was complete without buying an Albertson's pie, removing it from the box, and putting it in your own container to pass it off as homemade! And the prices were generally reasonable...

HEB blows Albertson's away with meat selection, produce, and nearly everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 08:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,165 times
I wish! I Love HEB! I doubt we will ever get an HEB. We're stuck with what we have. Love Albertsons but HEB prices are way better!

Old 02-11-2014, 01:51 PM

137 posts, read 173,983 times
HEB should come to El Paso because they are very competitive on their grocery prices. I have shopped HEB in Houston and their prices were often lower than WalMart. Plus the interior design of their stores is very modern and inviting. Their customer service is 100 times better than the customer service at a WalMart or Albertson's in El Paso.
I hope that the people who own HEB will consider expanding to El Paso to shut down Albertson's who are charging way too much for groceries and their customer service is non-existent.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 PM

135 posts, read 241,112 times
Hey I saw this.. maybe we should all sign it?

Petition Bring H.E.B. to El Paso TX

Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 AM

575 posts, read 884,303 times
So, thanks to whoever recommended Mando's Produce on Doniphan. It's such a nice small store!

I do note what you said about the adult day care vans. I was there on Sunday morning -- the day care center was closed, and yet there were 7 vans parked directly in front, close to the store entrance. There's quite a bit of parking on the side, so it seems like they do that deliberately. "It's our parking spaces and you can't make us move, nyah nyah."

Old 03-04-2014, 10:35 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet West View Post
So, thanks to whoever recommended Mando's Produce on Doniphan. It's such a nice small store!

I do note what you said about the adult day care vans. I was there on Sunday morning -- the day care center was closed, and yet there were 7 vans parked directly in front, close to the store entrance. There's quite a bit of parking on the side, so it seems like they do that deliberately. "It's our parking spaces and you can't make us move, nyah nyah."
Did the nuns have a table set up at Mando's front door or do they take Sunday off?

Old 03-04-2014, 06:29 PM

575 posts, read 884,303 times
It was closed - no nuns. I assume the day care patrons spend Sundays with their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso