Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 05:38 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times

Advertisements

Personally i think they should have never left the wac for conference usa, i think theyll be better next year or price will be out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Personally i think they should have never left the wac for conference usa, i think theyll be better next year or price will be out the door.
I sure hope so. I went to the Rice game couple of weeks ago and it was so disheartening to see them lose in the 4th quarter when they were up by almost 3 td in the 3rd. There were so many people in orange at Rice stadium I was astounded at how many UTEP alumni live in the Houston area. As far as coach price being out next year I ask who in the H** would take his place, I mean top level coaches are not exactly knocking on UTEPs door. I think moving to conference USA was a good decision (why in the world would you fly to Hawaii for a football game?), the miners just need to recruit better and find the talent around the country.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:33 AM

The defense was horrendous this year, i think they should seriously start looking for a replacement for hundley, the rice game was a perfect example, how are you going to let a team with only 1 win come & score 28 points in 1 quarter, theirs teams, that cant score 28 in 1 game.Plus i dont think price will get fired, i just think, he'll eventually realize that utep will never be able to compete with the bigger schools to lure in the necessary talent to get over that hump.Im a huge miner fan, ask anybody, but im tired of always telling everybody, they almost won, but they broke down in the 4th quarter, el paso deserves a winning team.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:15 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Yeah....i too am really disappointed about this and last years team. I hope its not A.K.A. Gary Nord all over again where he won the title his first year like Coach Price did and then went backwards every year until he got fired.

Basketball is looking good so far.....

Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Absolutely, the basketball team is looking good, they almost beat a very good texas a&m team the other night, they got alot of good athletes, hopefully thet can have a good season, & hopefully we can lockdown Coach Barbee with a nice lil contract, so he wont get lured away like Gillespie,Sadler, & Theus down in aggile land.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:49 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,756 times
I predict that the Miners will be a much better team next year both in football and basketball, I hope that this bad luck jinx dissapears because they are alot better (football) than they played, something just went terribly wrong.

Basketball team is going to be a big positive surprise for all fans, it gets even better next season as well, and yes a contract for coach Tony Barbee before it's too late.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Thumbs up will the miners be better in football next year?

I expect them to have a winning record next fall. The offense should be very good, with Vittatoe throwing to a good group of receivers. What they need to do is get the defensive problems ironed out. Price is a good coach. He'll get things on track.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Next year for sure, guys.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
Guys, head over to our site on the Scout.com networks. I am the publisher of the MinerReport.com over there and we need more good, knowledgeable, and hardcore Miner fans over there. The forums are free and we have some exclusive articles that come out from time to time.. including breaking news on new recruits and UTEP news.. so if you have a chance.. please, check us out: Scout.com: UTEP Forums List

We've only been around since the beginning of football season, so we are fairly new.. but we already got a great group of loyal Miner fans that love talking about UTEP sports. I would love it if you all came by and said hi!

BTW, I go by the name UTEPDude on there.

GO MINERS!!! Lets beat them Aggs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: