Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM

46 posts, read 99,108 times

Advertisements

so far... i like what i see. so where can i find good fried chicken ?
i am not far from Elmers and i have read online they are good for chicken.

i'd also like to find a place that makes a good flavored whole rotisserie chicken.... or any chicken thats been marinated and grilled.
i wasnt too impress with albertsons chili lime chicken.... it was ok but didnt have too much flavor.

any more suggestions would be most appreciated.

i like this town alot.... LOVE the Mexican vibe here.

thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 07:30 PM

507 posts, read 2,061,106 times
Hi welcome to El Paso, home of the fighting chihuahuas.

For grilled chix, Paco's Pollo on N. Mesa / Pitt St. was good at one point, but changed owners within the past year and it hasn't been the same. The name is either Paco's or Pepe's.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by br7or13 View Post
Hi welcome to El Paso, home of the fighting chihuahuas.

For grilled chix, Paco's Pollo on N. Mesa / Pitt St. was good at one point, but changed owners within the past year and it hasn't been the same. The name is either Paco's or Pepe's.

thanks alot i'll check into it. i understand there is a Peruvian place here named Mancora.
i know that Peruvian fire roasted chicken is wonderful. if anyone has had their chicken... i'd love to hear about it.

thanks

Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 AM

125 posts, read 191,084 times
If all else fails, and you don't mind eating at home--

The #1 seller of rotisserie chicken is Costco. I personally like to pick up one there once in a while; you most certainly cannot beat their price for a whole chicken, and the taste is quite good (much better than Sam's Club, Sprouts, etc.).

I realize that it is not the same as eating at a sit-down restaurant. The Greek chicken at Zino's and the roasted chicken served at several Middle Eastern restaurants are also delicious. El Paso has a good selection of Middle Eastern restaurants.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:36 AM

643 posts, read 1,312,769 times
6Gun, glad you finally made it out. I remember that you had mentioned you were going to look for a place on the westside of El Paso. If you're close to Elmer's then it appears you have chosen otherwise.

Please keep us abreast of your adventures here and we will answer as many questions as you can throw at us! Once again, welcome!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM

212 posts, read 371,307 times
Try the whole roast chickens at Lowes Big 8 stores, not gourmet but very tasty.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM

355 posts, read 1,115,281 times
Default Chicken

The fried chicken from Albertsons is surprisingly good (IMO).

Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Desert Dweller View Post
If all else fails, and you don't mind eating at home--

The #1 seller of rotisserie chicken is Costco. I personally like to pick up one there once in a while; you most certainly cannot beat their price for a whole chicken, and the taste is quite good (much better than Sam's Club, Sprouts, etc.).

I realize that it is not the same as eating at a sit-down restaurant. The Greek chicken at Zino's and the roasted chicken served at several Middle Eastern restaurants are also delicious. El Paso has a good selection of Middle Eastern restaurants.
YESSSS ! thats why i want a whole chicken.... i usually eat at home. i want to take it home.
AND ! i have been buying costco chickens for years.... i got one yesterday because i have yet to find
a really good marinated chicken. costco is ok but i want better. lol

when i was in central Texas... i got the mesquite chickens at HEB.... they were REALLY GOOD !
but now... there is no HEB so i have to find another place and i am sure its out there.

i am just now staying on the east side till i find a place to live. i'm taking a room with a kitchenette
and i LOVE the idea that i am near L and J too !
i was over there yesterday but just to pick up a take out menu. i will be back later in the week.

i LOVE this place..... i plan to look on the west side for a place to live but i dont mind being where i am
at the moment. thanks to everyone for your suggestions.... let me know if you have more.

has anyone tried Pollo Feliz ?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:30 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
Pollo Feliz is a Mexican chain. I'm personally not a fan. If you want somewhat bland, smoked chicken it's so/so. I think their deal is the chicken is easy to break apart and turn into a taco for you to add other things...to the taco. That is my impression anyways. I like Albertson's prepared turkeys, which are next to the chickens. Try those as well. I can't think of any other place that hasn't already been mentioned. Lowe's to me was decent but not great and not as fresh...it had been out for a while. But if you time it right it is probably pretty good.

EP has plenty of Popeye's, Church's and KFCs. But for rotiserrie chickens I can't think of other places here or elsewhere. I know I tried one at Wolfgang Pucks in CA and I paid 20 bucks and it was the blandest chicken I had ever had....so I think the supermarket ones are good in comparison. I will have to try that Mesquite flavored one when I get to an HEB on my next trip to central or South TX.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 PM

125 posts, read 191,084 times
HEB certainly does some things very well. I'll also give their mesquite chicken a try...

I do understand people's complaints of HEB driving everyone else out of business in certain parts of Texas, though. Nonetheless, we need HEB here!

I'll stop complaining if we get a Trader Joe's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso