Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM

75 posts, read 151,594 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all, I took a road trip from Albuquerque to El Paso and back last Friday, and I loved El Paso right as I got into the city. In fact I'm considering moving there because it looks so awesome, and I heard it's easier to get a job in El Paso than in any other city. However, what I'm wondering about is the dating scene there for men in their early to mid 20s in terms of attainability and availability of women in that age bracket and the male/female ratio. I remember seeing a singles map of El Paso and, like Albuquerque, single women outnumber single men in El Paso, or has it changed recently.

Additionally, how hard or easy is it to meet people and make friends in El Paso compared to other cities?

Last edited by MattHanson9398; 02-03-2014 at 09:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:17 PM

507 posts, read 2,055,227 times
dismal. you will be disappoint.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 PM

523 posts, read 1,363,419 times
If I had been able to find a job here in my hometown of EL Chuco..I would NOT have left..if it was like that in the 80s..I really doubt things have changed..but maybe there are alot of jobs like in immigration and nursing..I have heard that there is an influx of teachers now in all the border..and since I have been a teacher for 32 yrs..I doubt can go back home..plus my Dad passed away..so why come home..!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,198,235 times
Default Free home, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
...plus my Dad passed away..so why come home..!
So you can get your house that your mother gave to you.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,455,213 times
Lots of single women in that age bracket, how much do you like kids?

Old 02-05-2014, 09:27 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,108,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
LOL...but of course it's not a laughing matter that so many young women - to say nothing of teenagers - are single mothers. I found myself living in El Paso during two different divorce periods and recall how hard it was to find a date who didn't have to worry about finding a baby sitter. Second marriage came with two great step daughters, but I lucked out on third marriage and found an adult 32 yr. old woman with NO children or previous marriage - but she was and is a professional who had/has no time for either, me included. Took three times, but I finally learned my lesson and now enjoy my bachelorhood.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:49 PM

75 posts, read 151,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Like are there really any single women between ages 18-35 who aren't single mothers without too many men competing for them? What is the UTEP scene like dating wise?

Old 02-05-2014, 06:53 PM

135 posts, read 239,925 times
I wonder who told this person jobs were like hanging from trees here ripe for the picking. Oh is this person going to be really disappointed... and should they get a job, how much under paid they will be.

As for dating.. Been married almost my entire adult life, Can't help ya there. Sorry.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 PM

340 posts, read 606,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron_Brodir View Post
I wonder who told this person jobs were like hanging from trees here ripe for the picking. Oh is this person going to be really disappointed... and should they get a job, how much under paid they will be.
No kidding!! I was thinking the very same thing myself.

And the OP should be more worried about getting a job than how many single women there are here. Kind of difficult for a guy to date women if he has no money to pay for dinner.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:37 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,425,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron_Brodir View Post

As for dating.. Been married almost my entire adult life, Can't help ya there. Sorry.
That's why the OP sounded like a troll the first time I read it. Plentiful jobs and babes (w/o kids) in EP? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso