Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 05:19 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,161,460 times

Advertisements

Cielo Vista Mall was opened in 1974 and underwent extensive expansion in 2005. Don't know if it will still be the largest in the metro area now that Fountains is in business.

Sunland Park Mall opened in 1988 and has long been second in size to Cielo Vista.

Bassett Center was the first of the large malls, built in 1962 and has undergone numerous changes since then as older stores were demolished and newer ones built in their place.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 03:26 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,565 times
I used to work near Sunland Park and would do most of my shopping there during lunchtime. It was always quiet and easy to find parking. Cielo Vista's always been a huge headache.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,856,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post
So the mall needs an exterior update? I think the interior is fine. Seems like they update it every so often. I really don't mind the look as much as I dislike the lack of store variety.
I agree, the outside looks very dated but the inside is fine. I would disagree about store variety. Compared to Sunland, it is much, much higher quality stores.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:39 AM

29 posts, read 27,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet West View Post
it always has puzzled the heck out of me why it isn't businer -- Sunland Park mall is so much better, more parking, etc. I rarely go to CV because of the parking and crowds. Not to mention I always get turned around there. I like SP better because it's an "L" shape and easy to get around.

Oh, well, at least with the Fountains at Farah, maybe that means there will be some parking available at CV.
Whats wrong with parking at Cielo Vista? There is plenty unless you think the one nearest the door will always be available just for you. Park to the west of Sears. There is always parking there. Farah has different stores so those people would not have come to CV anyways.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:13 PM

135 posts, read 241,075 times
if they had underground parking like the Farah Mall next door.. it would be so much better. Build more retail space on top of it. Could be kinda rad.. but I doubt anything will be done to the mall.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:50 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bron_Brodir View Post
if they had underground parking like the Farah Mall next door.. it would be so much better. Build more retail space on top of it. Could be kinda rad.. but I doubt anything will be done to the mall.
I've been to the Farah mall a few times since I've been here, and I've got to say, the elongated nature of the property really doesn't lend itself to quick parking, especially if you're trying to get to a store that's on the other side of the main entrance. I can't imagine how hectic it's going to be down on that promenade level during the holiday shopping season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso