Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 05:01 PM

24 posts, read 75,529 times

Advertisements

My mom lives right off of yandell close to concordia cemetery. I've heard that alot of these houses were built where part of the cemetery once stood. We've taken pics and have seen many orbs. At times you can feel a cold draft. Also many times when I am talking to her on the phone, and she's alone, I ask her "who's there with you" cause I can hear voices in the background. Does anyone know anything on how far up yandell the cemetery used to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 09:48 PM

14 posts, read 93,177 times
Wow people sorry I don't live on here.

The underground bus DID exist, I know because I have been there. No I do not know exact directions, I was on the lookout for cops. I went almost 2 years ago so there is no telling if it is still there.

If anyone does find it, let everyone else know the condition of it.
When I was there there were children toys, a high chair, shackles, and the frame of the bus still down there. I hear people like to steal whatever they can take out, so I wouldn't be surprised if not much is left.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 AM

17 posts, read 67,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedEP View Post
My mom lives right off of yandell close to concordia cemetery. I've heard that alot of these houses were built where part of the cemetery once stood. We've taken pics and have seen many orbs. At times you can feel a cold draft. Also many times when I am talking to her on the phone, and she's alone, I ask her "who's there with you" cause I can hear voices in the background. Does anyone know anything on how far up yandell the cemetery used to be?

As far as I know it went all the way across I-10 and connected with Evergreen Cemetary, and I think up to where Raynolds is.. I may be off on the Raynolds part but i know it extended at least up to Radford.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:10 PM

24 posts, read 75,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeEvilAzHell View Post
As far as I know it went all the way across I-10 and connected with Evergreen Cemetary, and I think up to where Raynolds is.. I may be off on the Raynolds part but i know it extended at least up to Radford.
Thanks IBeEvilAzHell she lives close to Radford and let me tell you we've heard all kinds of unexplained noises. There is one room that you can always feel cold drafts in. Things have gotten lost and reappear all of the sudden. Once again thanks for the 411

Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM

22 posts, read 60,047 times
Has anyone ever heard about a house in far east El Paso by the drag racing strip that is a 2 story home, empty with a cage built right in the middle of the 1st floor?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 PM

5 posts, read 12,003 times
I used to live a block from Hillcrest Jr. High before it burned down in the early 1990's. I can still remember that night it burned down-it was a sad sight.

My brother would tell me that he'd walk through front of the old school at evening and he'd begin to hear a metal grinding near the front stairwell followed by a faint growling. He didn't investigate because he got scared and ran away quickly. At that time, he was probably a 8th grader.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andie_920 View Post
Has anyone ever heard about a house in far east El Paso by the drag racing strip that is a 2 story home, empty with a cage built right in the middle of the 1st floor?

out by desert demons, or west texas airport.. ?

Old 12-17-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedEP View Post
Thanks IBeEvilAzHell she lives close to Radford and let me tell you we've heard all kinds of unexplained noises. There is one room that you can always feel cold drafts in. Things have gotten lost and reappear all of the sudden. Once again thanks for the 411

no problem..

Old 12-28-2010, 11:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
I remember back in the mid sixties me and my dad use to go out jogging at night, we use to jog along side this irrigation ditch with cotton fields on both sides of the ditch, to add to the marathon we would take both of our dogs for the jog a German Shepard and a Collie that looked just like Lassie.

It was around mid December 1967 on one night we went out for our regular routine jog, the turning point to our run was North Loop Rd, we would start headin back but this one particular night as were heading home I saw out in the near distant what appeared to be a woman dressed in white and she was carring something what looked like a baby that she was holding in her arms.

This woman or what ever it was not walking but look like it was floating along side another small ditch that flanked the ditch we were on, I told my dad, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
He stop for minute but it did'nt make any sense why a female would be out at such a location at the time of the night and with an infant by all means, so I told my dad, why dont you take a couple of shots over head and see what it does, because we never would go out there un armed, so my dad fired a couple of rounds and this thing kept going at the same pace then it dissapeared just like that without a trace, where it go??? we both look at each other and ran, strange thing is that our dogs never picked up any sense or made any signals that something was there but there was so we ran faster than the dogs did.

That might had been my dads excuse never to go jogging again at night, but till this day I still strongly believe that it was La LLorona, because legend has it that she would always hang out where ever there were canals or water, after all she did drown her children.
My fiance's parents have seen La LLorona as well & in the exact same place you're talking about. When my motherinlaw described what she saw, she said the woman was dressed in white & she was not walking but floating alongside the ditch. I got chills when I read your story. I just wanted to say I fully believe you.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:21 PM

4 posts, read 15,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBeEvilAzHell View Post
out by desert demons, or west texas airport.. ?
Is the house down Horizon Blvd somewhere around where Lake El Paso used to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso