Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:30 AM

Location: Central Texas. Wait, I mean South Texas. Actually, both Central and South Texas
317 posts, read 569,854 times

Advertisements

The night life scene is average or even slightly above average. El Paso is lacking in the high-end nightclub category. That is expected when you have a city with a small percentage of college educated professionals.
El Paso can be classified as an under-educated city, but I wouldn't refer to most people there as unintelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 09:17 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,099,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
...the scenery is desolate and boring...
Yet another statement of PERSONAL OPINION not supported by those who can see the beauty in a desert environment.

Quote:
...and for the most part the people here are not the most intelligent human beings in the world.
Another personal opinion that is essentially meaningless since the majority of the WORLD's POPULATION are "not the most intelligent human beings."

Old 07-02-2014, 06:51 PM

523 posts, read 1,362,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
You also have to consider the culture shock, especially since you are moving from Miami. I have known many people that have lived else where (LA, NYC, SF, Dallas ...) and have moved here due to financial reasons or otherwise. Most of them ended up moving elsewhere or back home due to the massive culture shock they experienced. Although you may fare well as compared to others since you are fluent in Spanish however the night life is terrible, the scenery is desolate and boring, and for the most part the people here are not the most intelligent human beings in the world.
I agree with some of what Banal is saying...El Paso is really very boring compared to other big cities and most of the people here don't have a bachelor's degree!...Most of the people that graduate from UTEP will leave Chuco because there are no jobs or jobs that would pay them the same..in their area..I left my home of Chuco because I could not find a job there..and I wanted to see what other places had to offer..the Job situation is still the same..My little brother..is having a hard time finding a job there in Chuco..!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:59 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
I've never lived in Miami but from what I have seen of it and heard of it, I'd much rather live in El Paso.

Of course that's just a personal opinion -- but there are pros and cons of every place you could live.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
...most of the people here don't have a bachelor's degree!...Most of the people...will leave Chuco because there are no jobs...
These are not distinct to El Paso. You can make the same statements about "Anywhere, USA" where "most people" don't have something or other and can't find good paying jobs. Luckily I grew up and built my retirement egg in a period when people had some sense of job security. That all began to end by the early 1980s, in my experience. Union busting had something to do with it, but there was a huge cultural shift occurring nationwide too. In the industry where I worked, people who were with the company long enough to have earned 5 weeks of annual vacation and were heavily vested in retirement plans began to be "laid off" (offered golden parachutes) in favor of hiring younger workers with more recent education who hadn't yet earned annual vacation time, insurance coverage, etc.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:58 PM

200 posts, read 385,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've never lived in Miami but from what I have seen of it and heard of it, I'd much rather live in El Paso.

Of course that's just a personal opinion -- but there are pros and cons of every place you could live.
Miami any day for me. El Paso is such a dirty wasteland with probably the rudest people in the United States. Even Bostonians seem nicer. Not to mention the air pollution here is worse than in Houston.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:02 PM

111 posts, read 175,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirportFan View Post
Miami any day for me. El Paso is such a dirty wasteland with probably the rudest people in the United States. Even Bostonians seem nicer. Not to mention the air pollution here is worse than in Houston.
Cool story bro can I hear it again please??

Old 10-13-2015, 10:15 PM

200 posts, read 385,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyga23 View Post
Cool story bro can I hear it again please??
I'm just tired of El Paso. It's not really as great as people say it is. I'm always happier in other cities. I was even happier in Miami. I'm also not the only one who hates El Paso. Many people hate it. Just ask someone off the streets. They will probably tell you that Tucson is nicer. I have only met like maybe 3 nice people in El Paso. Everyone else happened to come off as rude.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:40 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
I think AirportFan is right. He's in El Paso and he's nasty and rude.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
I think AirportFan is right. He's in El Paso and he's nasty and rude.
I have no idea why this year-old thread was re-opened, but hoping mod will lock it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso