U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 AM

13,140 posts, read 35,972,978 times

Advertisements

Thought i'd post for those not in EP that the 2 major freeway projects going on in North East are advancing along in Cnstruction and Financing. I think that will be cool when the inner loop is completed as they said that will create to knew Spaquetti Bowl type interchanges at I-54 and I-375. Glad to see these move forward.

El Paso Times - BRAC-related construction: First phase may end in Oct.

El Paso Times - Inner Loop funds OK'd: $237 million in bonds to be sold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times
I wish they would release some images of the planned routs, and some model images of what the area will look like once complete.

Thanks for the info 6'3

Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 AM

3,185 posts, read 11,050,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Thought i'd post for those not in EP that the 2 major freeway projects going on in North East are advancing along in Cnstruction and Financing. I think that will be cool when the inner loop is completed as they said that will create to knew Spaquetti Bowl type interchanges at I-54 and I-375. Glad to see these move forward.

El Paso Times - BRAC-related construction: First phase may end in Oct.

El Paso Times - Inner Loop funds OK'd: $237 million in bonds to be sold
Great info 6-Foot, thanks man! I had yet to crack open my virtual El Paso Times this morning!

It is amazing...for the problems El Paso has, they are so much farther ahead in terms of stuff like this (road-related infrastructure) in comparison to so many cities. So many cities could use a good inner loop like this that never happens. Great stuff!

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 PM

874 posts, read 2,652,421 times
Awesome articles 6Ft!

I remember several years back, all we had was I-10, then we got the Patriot Freeway and the Border Highway. Now we have the Loop 375 freeway and in a few years we will get the Inner Loop Freeway. There are also plans for an "Outer Loop" freeway/toll-way and extending the Border Hwy to I-10 on the WestSide of town. I'm surprised at how fast things are moving ahead for El Paso's transportation needs.

Also awesome are the new spaghetti bowl type interchanges due to the new Inner Loop. The Loop 375 & I-10 massive interchange is also in the plans..but no word has come out on when it will get built. I hope the new interchanges will look as good or better than what is planned at I-10 & Loop 375.

I-10 - Loop 375 planned stack interchange.

I also found this picture of what the design on the ground might look like.
http://www.c-b.com/images/projects/400wide/lg_I10MasterPlan.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times
WOW Chuco, thats some awesome pictures.. where di you find those? If thats the I-10 Loop 375 stack, what will happen to the Lowes and Wal*Mart there? There is a Circle K on one Corner and a Diamond Shamrock on the other.. those plans look like they would take all that out. Unless thats the East Side Stack?

Wait after looking at the middle picture a bit closer and google maps, that is the loop 375 East side stack, and I guess once again the North East gets the shaft.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:32 AM

44,332 posts, read 35,387,011 times
These are going to be great designs. That's the way Texas does things now, to make everything more aesthetically pleasing. And the ramps will be longer, too, although probably not as long as the ones in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas. I can't wait to see the plans for U.S. 54 at State Loop 375. Not the mention Northeast Parkway at U.S. 54 because one is planned for that potential location, assuming that Northeast Parkway does get built.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:44 PM

1,011 posts, read 2,226,104 times
Where is the Outer Loop supposed to be?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
WOW Chuco, thats some awesome pictures.. where di you find those? If thats the I-10 Loop 375 stack, what will happen to the Lowes and Wal*Mart there? There is a Circle K on one Corner and a Diamond Shamrock on the other.. those plans look like they would take all that out. Unless thats the East Side Stack?

Wait after looking at the middle picture a bit closer and google maps, that is the loop 375 East side stack, and I guess once again the North East gets the shaft.
I-10 would be the east side. I don't think anything will be demolished there. You're referring to U.S. 54 and Trans Mountain. I haven't seen any definite plans for the interchange, but I'm sure there's something on the drawing board. My concern is the location of the runaway truck ramp just west of 54.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
Where is the Outer Loop supposed to be?
Chuco has already alluded to some of the project, but it should include I-10 (the portion west of the Franklin Mountains), Border Highway (to be extended westward to about Executive), Americas, Joe Battle and Northeast Parkway, which I believe will come off of 375 near Dyer and traverse toward NM Highway 404, where it follow that path back to I-10 near Anthony. That's right, part of that will be in New Mexico.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 PM

29 posts, read 102,800 times
The El Paso MPO has posted a schematic of the new Inner Loop (Spur 601):
http://www.elpasompo.org/Portals/0/Maps/InnerLoopFinalSchematic.jpg (broken link)

There will be two interchanges with fly-over ramps, one at US-54 and another at Sergeant Major Blvd./Airport Rd. The interchange at Loop-375 looks to be a regular diamond interchange.

The new Camino Real RMA is working on a revamped website:
El Paso Mobility
Most of the areas on the website say (More Info Coming Soon), but it can give you an idea of which projects are being planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso