Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 11:12 PM

929 posts, read 394,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayelp View Post
I currently live in Homestead Meadows North, it is not Montana Vista, it is its own neighborhood. Montana Vista is farther East down Montana. Utilities: They have their own water co-op, we rent a propane tank, have a septic system and use EP electric. We use a local wireless internet service, and it is excellent. We run a home business and use it all day, every day. We have horses, pigs, goats and chickens. Most of our neighbors tend to have some type of animal, mostly horses. The area is very safe, the neighborhood is 4 miles off the main road-so tucked away. We've lived here four years and have never had a problem.
Excellent, thank you so much for the response Jayelp! Good to hear it from someone who actually live in that area. My wife is from El Paso and we are just looking to settle down close to family and own a piece of land. This seems to be a good place to start, not too far out from the city. With regards to internet, may I ask what is the name of the internet service company you are using? What is the typical speed, i.e 15 Mbps or 50 Mbps? Looking to build a house on the land we are going to purchase and so I'm also looking for recommendations on home builders. Sorry for all the questions, it just seems like not many people know this area. I appreciate the help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrabilius View Post
Really? I've never heard the area east of Flager to Melody Ann and north of Greg referred to as anything but Montana Vista except in government references and some real estate listings.
It may be officially named as Homestead Meadows North, when I searched google map thats what it shows. I could be wrong though, however, it's the name that comes up when I search real estate listing. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,912 times
We use Southwest Wireless for internet, we just pay for the minimum speed and are happy with it, I know you can get more. Just contact them for details. City conveniences are very close, and they are building more and more out this way. But we still feel like we are out in the "country." I can't help you with builders, as we purchased already built. There are houses going up everyday around us though.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayelp View Post
We use Southwest Wireless for internet, we just pay for the minimum speed and are happy with it, I know you can get more. Just contact them for details. City conveniences are very close, and they are building more and more out this way. But we still feel like we are out in the "country." I can't help you with builders, as we purchased already built. There are houses going up everyday around us though.
Excellent, thanks for the info again. Hoping the prices don't go up as much when we move there next year. My family and I are ready to settle down after moving quite a bit this past couple of years. Thanks again!

Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 PM
ZSP

1,764 posts, read 5,096,309 times
I was watching a local TV stations weather report and right there on the screen was Homestead...along with other areas like Horizon City, Canutillo, Anthony. The Homestead caught my attention since I'd read your initial post here. I haven't investigated anything further. Just saying.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
I was watching a local TV stations weather report and right there on the screen was Homestead...along with other areas like Horizon City, Canutillo, Anthony. The Homestead caught my attention since I'd read your initial post here. I haven't investigated anything further. Just saying.
Okay sounds good and no worries. It does seem like the east side of El Paso is growing pretty fast or at least what I found online. There is a huge and brand new Cinemark movie theater off of Montana, really nice! Also, it seems the east side has more of like a newly built community feel to it, kinda like the newer communities of Las Vegas where I currently live. I just wish the utilities are a bit more robust in the homestead areas, I mean a 50MBps internet would be nice for around $50/month. Looking forward to moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso