Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 07:45 AM

424 posts, read 606,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post
Can you back that up with some data? If not, then it's just your opinion. We all know about opinions, right?
TexasCCW, I provided the census data on the other page. But I'll be happy to link it again.

El Paso Metropolitan Statistical Area population growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2017, 12:12 PM

125 posts, read 189,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
TexasCCW, I provided the census data on the other page. But I'll be happy to link it again.

El Paso Metropolitan Statistical Area population growth.

The recession started later in El Paso, but persisted past the recovery on both coasts; since that time unemployment is down.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/el_pa...mployment_rate

Moderator cut: Off Topic

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 08-04-2017 at 07:15 PM..

Old 08-02-2017, 04:38 PM

448 posts, read 585,704 times
I need some help, in what part of the El Paso metro area can i find a smaller town feel? Santa Teresa? Horizon City? Is Horizon city like an extension of EP or like an actual town. Where is rent cheaper? Where to avoid?

Old 08-02-2017, 09:40 PM

125 posts, read 189,437 times
The Santa Teresa area definitely has its own feel--low crime, quiet, nice views of the mountains, etc.

However, with new developments the whole Sunland Park/Santa Teresa, New Mexico, area has taken on a different feel--as it is increasingly less rural and more suburban.

In my opinion, Horizon City is already just like Far East El Paso (not necessarily a negative attribute) as it's impossible to determine where El Paso ends and Horizon City begins.

I believe Horizon City is still more affordable than most of El Paso, though.

Some parts of Santa Teresa, including parts of newer developments, are actually more expensive than comparable square footage in El Paso. A contractor explained to me that construction costs were higher in New Mexico because of more stringent building regulations, higher lot prices, etc. On the other hand, property taxes are much lower in New Mexico. Also keep in mind you must pay state taxes in New Mexico, which basically cancel out the lower property taxes.

If you want a small town feel within commuting distance I recommend Anthony, TX; La Union, NM; or even Clint, TX depending on where you work. Crime is not an issue in any of those locales.

Anthony, NM, actually has higher crime than Anthony, TX, but much less crime as you move away from the recently incorporated town and toward La Union, NM, and Gadsden High School.

I hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso