U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:21 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,385,145 times

Advertisements

It's been a very long time. Since wife was out in Juarez for paperwork to get her mom's citizenship I decided to check out some scenery.

I went to Transmountain Highway and Scenic Drive

Scenic Drive - had some employees sitting on there butts and looking at my daughter as if she was a piece of meat and not picking up the trash. It was sad to see this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/hifi_homeboy/P1030572.jpg (broken link)

But then it was a pleasure to see this:

and this

But it really, really felt dirty when I was there. What's up with that?

Then I took a stroll out to Transmountain Highway. Talk to some nice guys from Texas Parks and Wildlife that was there picking up the trash ect and this is what I saw:

Either way it was nice to visit El Paso again but do want to say it still felt very dirty being there. I'm sure it's all Juarez fault. But there was trash all over the place, even on the highways ect. El Paso would be very nice if the trash would be picked up. Man it was so dirty. Either way I just wanted to post my feedback on my current visit there.

Take care El Paso residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 12:55 PM

756 posts, read 1,294,492 times
Great pics!! We went and took a look a few weeks back and it was dirty then also but like you said on one hand the veiw was breathtaking at the same time you had to watch your step because of all the broken beer bottles and other trash it seems like someone would clean it up because it is a great veiw up there.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:02 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,030 times
Thanks for the great pics; but it's sad to see that people treat the desert (as infinite as it seems) like a giant trash receptacle. Really bums me out.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 PM

47,585 posts, read 35,904,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Either way it was nice to visit El Paso again but do want to say it still felt very dirty being there. I'm sure it's all Juarez fault. But there was trash all over the place, even on the highways ect. El Paso would be very nice if the trash would be picked up. Man it was so dirty. Either way I just wanted to post my feedback on my current visit there.

Take care El Paso residence.
It might have been the windy conditions -- that always stirs up a lot of dirt and makes things seem more drab.

A lot of people here have no sense of cleanliness though -- you see beer cans tossed out of cars -- and trash just dumped anywhere.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:18 PM

504 posts, read 988,012 times
yeah, it was probably the wind making all the trash. It's somehow always windy the night before garbage day. The trash bins always blow over!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:09 PM
jfe

61 posts, read 193,093 times
Another vote for the trash flying around

Old 03-16-2008, 03:34 PM

47,585 posts, read 35,904,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfe View Post
I can do without the flying trash but today is absolutely gorgeous with the tumbleweeds tumbling by. They were out in full force trying to attack cars this morning.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:30 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,385,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfe View Post
That'll replace the birds

Old 03-18-2008, 06:03 PM

639 posts, read 110,080 times
Wink Whats with the recycle waste?

[quote=Mike78613;3134714]It's been a very long time. Since wife was out in Juarez for paperwork to get her mom's citizenship I decided to check out some scenery.

I went to Transmountain Highway and Scenic Drive

Scenic Drive - had some employees sitting on there butts and looking at my daughter as if she was a piece of meat and not picking up the trash. It was sad to see this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/hifi_homeboy/P1030572.jpg (broken link)

WOW! this would be consider, a GOLD MINE, wheres the recycling homeless brigade?

People tend to have such disregard and just toss their garbage where ever it falls, I mentined homeless brigade because I always see the homeless filling up thier shopping carts with plastic bottles and aluminum cans, I know that these guys can fetch up to 100.$ on a good day.

If your in El Paso between late August and late March you will see the skies become dirtier during daytime as the nights get cold, the cold air traps pollutants so the brown air hangs around for a while till the gusty winds kicks in then it repeats itself till the warmer days arrive then it's all about heat and car exuast but the air is cleaner and more clear.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM

17 posts, read 33,780 times
It's sad to see that much garbage like that.

On a different note, I've lost a hat looking over the cliffs on transmountain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso