U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 AM

4,302 posts, read 6,955,591 times
It was sometime in the eighties as I had already moved away from El Paso. I want to say early to mid eighties. I think they got their equipment back, someone left the gear by a door at the venue, no questions asked.

I do recall the Def Leppard debacle. I think the city banned them from ever performing in El Paso again.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 07:23 PM

639 posts, read 70,792 times
The Deff Leppard concert was held in Tucson when they made that racial remark about playing for a bunch of greasy mexicans in El Paso back in 1983, I had just seen them at the Murph, next thing I'm at El Paso International sporting my concert T shirt, year I got stared at weird when I was told about the incident, I recall when then mayor Johnathon Rogers banned the band from ever again performing in El Paso.

In 1987 Deff Leppard was on tour again and El Paso was on their schedule, they received some death threats and mayor Johnathon Rogers was still the mayor, so it was more of a persona non grata to Deff Leppard, yet they apoligized and even offered a free concert, they even went as far as to go to Mexico City and apoligized to the Mexican goverment. fact or fiction? fact

Old 05-23-2008, 05:20 PM
jfe

61 posts, read 188,709 times
Pink Floyd
The Rolling Stones
Ricky Martin (I am so embarrassed, but I was dating at the time )

I am amazed they don't have any more big concerts at the Sun Bowl

Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 PM

60 posts, read 136,638 times
There are so many but one stands out for me. Stevie Ray Vaughan at the Coliseum. I think it was 86 or 87.

It was incredible. I miss him.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:13 PM

4,580 posts, read 9,413,745 times
I just seen Carrie Underwood and Josh Turner in El Paso a couple weeks ago at the Don Haskins Center, she by-passed Albq. so I had to go see her in EP,but it wasnt even a sell out.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:32 PM

994 posts, read 923,316 times
Aerosmith, AC/DC, Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers reunion tour), Judas Priest (multiple times), Nazareth, Alice Cooper, Whitesnake (won a package from KLAQ where I got to take a friend to see them the prior weekend in Dallas, then El Paso the following week, front row center with backstage passes - Thank you Cinnci Stevens and Nat Lamp!), Scorpions, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, David Lee Roth, Faster Pussycat, Poison, White Lion, and probably a few more that I can't recall.

My favorites were probably Nazareth and Alice Cooper. Nazareth because I had no clue just how talented those guys were, and Alice because he put on a stage play, with sort of a storyline and all. Both were surprises to me because I hadn't followed either group much prior to that (though I did own a couple of Nazareth albums).

And let's not forget fond memories of Simon raising Hell before the concerts started (usually at The Barn).

Old 05-25-2008, 10:13 PM

171 posts, read 346,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Aerosmith, AC/DC, Deep Purple (Perfect Strangers reunion tour), Judas Priest (multiple times), Nazareth, Alice Cooper, Whitesnake (won a package from KLAQ where I got to take a friend to see them the prior weekend in Dallas, then El Paso the following week, front row center with backstage passes - Thank you Cinnci Stevens and Nat Lamp!), Scorpions, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, David Lee Roth, Faster Pussycat, Poison, White Lion, and probably a few more that I can't recall.

My favorites were probably Nazareth and Alice Cooper. Nazareth because I had no clue just how talented those guys were, and Alice because he put on a stage play, with sort of a storyline and all. Both were surprises to me because I hadn't followed either group much prior to that (though I did own a couple of Nazareth albums).

And let's not forget fond memories of Simon raising Hell before the concerts started (usually at The Barn).

Wow! "Cincci Bud Stevens"...there's a name I had forgotten about that I was so used to hearing. Her & Belinda Simmons! Remember that radio show she used to host every weekday evening, I can't remember what it was called & people would call or write into the show w/certain song requests? Then she'd give them a free dinner at whatever restaurant or bar for participating? Whatever happened to those gals?

Old 05-25-2008, 10:35 PM

994 posts, read 923,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelizk View Post
Wow! "Cincci Bud Stevens"...there's a name I had forgotten about that I was so used to hearing. Her & Belinda Simmons! Remember that radio show she used to host every weekday evening, I can't remember what it was called & people would call or write into the show w/certain song requests? Then she'd give them a free dinner at whatever restaurant or bar for participating? Whatever happened to those gals?
The Psychedelic Supper!

We got to meet Cinnci at the backstage deal, she was sort of like a smaller version of Elvira!

Old 05-27-2008, 01:52 AM

171 posts, read 346,040 times
Default Psychedelic Supper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
The Psychedelic Supper!

We got to meet Cinnci at the backstage deal, she was sort of like a smaller version of Elvira!

Yes!!! The Psychedelic Supper! That would've been junior high school for me & when all my little cohorts were being mass marketed bubble-gum-band garbage like the New Kids on the Block on B.94.FM. I was racing to listen to the Psychedelic Supper. But I'd still like to know what became of Cincci!
Cheers!

Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 AM

58 posts, read 107,108 times
hey guys just remeberd a couple more that i did not mention in m original post

zztop and george thurgood

i'll keep remebering more i'm sure lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso