U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-01-2007, 04:52 PM

5,080 posts, read 3,235,426 times

Advertisements

If there is an area you want to see in El Paso, post your request here, maybe some of in El Paso can help you out, and grab you a preview of an area and post the pictures here for you..

I know when I am looking at moving I always want to see the area I am moving.. CityData has done a good job so far with images, but they cant have the whole area covered.

I also want to point out that the image of the lake and green grass on the data profile of El Paso TX is not El Paso TX. maybe want to remove that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,662 times
[SIZE=3]Hi - I am not sure if you can help me or not. I live in Houston and I am trying to find a scenic drive postcard. My husband proposed to me there and it is our 1 year anniversary and thought what a wonderful gift, if I could find something. I am looking for a postcard or picture of the view at night with all the lights. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I have searched online and have been unable to find anything. Do you have any suggestions. Our anniversary is Sept. 18[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 09-04-2007, 06:12 PM

639 posts, read 93,297 times
try this link you'll find scores of El Paso photos just scroll throught the thousands of photos I'm sure you'll find what your looking for,good luck.
wwwflickr.com

add /groups/elpaso/pool that might bring up the whole page.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:18 PM

sorry it dont work, I tried to help but oh well.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM

421 posts, read 1,582,077 times
This photo was probably shot from scenic drive at night:

El Paso on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7585404@N05/515542449/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Enjoy! By the way, it's Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing (http://www.flickr.com - broken link) and you can find tons of photos from this vantage point.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 PM

I tried to post this website that has webcams posted all over El Paso and they change frequently about every half hour or so, when it gets windy the cameras freeze, if for some reason the link dont work go to Google Earth and beam yourselfs down to where Ranger Peak is, then bring up the website (webcams)and you'll see El Paso day or night and you can sometimes catch airplanes landing, yesterday there were two hawks or eagle flying on around Ranger Peak 4 webcam, I thought they were Stealth Bombers there for a while, they were awfully big birds.

your gonna like what you see, click on the pictures to enlarge.
Joint Advisory Committee for the Improvement of Air Quality
let me know what you think?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 PM

OK for some reason it wont let me post the link but you can still access the site posted above and when you bring up the site on the lefthand side of your screen click webcam.

since it is an air quality observation and a grant given by the EPA who knows how long it's going to last but I've been enjoying these views for the past year, and it helps ease the homesickness.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 PM

13,014 posts, read 24,172,251 times
Good site HIGH!Lonesome......Can't wait to see the lights at nite from the Ranger Peak cam.....

Old 09-05-2007, 07:53 PM

Thanks 6 FOOT 3, you know last Saturday you could actually see the tailgating over at UTEP, but now I think the clouds are moving in probably because of those two hurricanes looks like alot of moister headed towards El Paso, oh and wait to see the sun sets, night pictures are not that great, I dont think they have the right speed on those cameras to make good night pictures.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:59 PM

13,014 posts, read 24,172,251 times
Thats o.k. as i still can't wait to see it at nite....(lets hope)

Here's one i like even if its kinda dumb but its the TXDOT El Paso freeway cams....Just click the spot on the map and you'll see that picture.

Welcome to Transvista Traffic Management System (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso