U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 PM

639 posts, read 714,436 times

Advertisements

Move over Muhnay, I'm the red headed step child here now.

I think that the United States might have to eventually intervine as a last resort, if any violence spreads into El Paso and endangers or harms any citizens, then by all means bring it on, seriously, this cartell people are brutal vicious cold blooded killers and they already called out the Mexican army, join us or will kill you.

No arrest have been made and no one has been brought to justice and over three hundred homicides and were not even half way through 2008, I know that the US does have some sort of involment as far as training the Mexican army and outfitting them with
compatible weapons for their defense.

If the cartell has bazookas then what if a projectal landed in El Paso and this was no accident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times
Heh heh.. Highlonesome thats funny.

Being prior law enforcement, I have law enforcement friends and we talk shop all the time. Some of these guys are Boarder Patrol agents, and we talk about how the crime there is bleeding over into El Paso, and how they are often shot at from across the river... how they see para-military types with ak47 casing the rivers edge in many parts, and these are not Mexican Army.

So I am not bashing Juarez, I am just saying that it is not safe for Americans, no matter your skin color or heritage.. its deadly and dangerous over there right now, and will be for some time.. these cartel wars are serious business, and it does not matter who gets killed in the process.

Then some guy wants to know where he can go gamble.. you know he has a death wish.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 PM

335 posts, read 931,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Racist comments aside please.

As you know, the violence in Juarez jas gotten out of control. I was reading in this article on the NEWSPAPER TREE, and it said that the violence in Laredo got so bad that the cartels started fighting with bazookas on the streets. I always tell my wife, that eventually the U.S, is going to end up sending troops to help curb the violence in Juarez. I know alot of you GUN HO Americans will say, "screw that, let them kill all the mexicans they want over there", which is fine & dandy, thats your opinion, but alot of innocent "people" are also losing their lives. Do you think the US, should sent troops to Juarez to stop the violence, before it spills over to El Paso? Like i mentioned before, this isnt a mexican bash fest, so be nice, and reasonable.

heres the link
Juarez, Mexico: It Ain't Kansas - Newspaper Tree El Paso
Good topic. I just finished reading a book "Daughters Of Juarez" and the rape/killings of young innocent girls by Americans whom work their in the factories. IMO..if these crimes are being committed by Americans shouldn't the US get involved?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Mexico would be worse than Iraq for us to be in. For one reason there aren't 20 million Iraqis living inside the USA.

I think open borders, massive emigration, NAFTA and so on had as much to do with all this as anything. The more we get involved over there the worse it gets, it's time to just have both sides respect that border and each other's sovereignty.

If the Mexican army can't figure out who they should be going after, then how the heck can we? The minute something goes wrong, then there would be anti-USA riots in many parts of the USA and we just don't need that.

I think this should be left up to the people of Mexico, it's their country to defend.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 PM

3,185 posts, read 11,050,563 times
Interesting article in today's El Paso Times about this:

El Paso has role in Juárez violence - El Paso Times

Essentially, it is the take of UTEP political science Associate Professor Tony Payan that El Paso has a role in the violence of Juarez.

This is one where with me only hearing varying views from different inlaws who've been in El Paso for decades, I hear all sides of a debate and have no real opinion of my own. But it is an interesting read.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,226,104 times
I understand we sent troops into Juarez once, during the Mexican Revolution in the 1910s, when the violence over there was spilling into El Paso: The neighborhoods adjoining the river would get stray bullets from the Mexican side and one guy was just minding his own business, reading a newspaper near the Santa Fe Bridge, when he was killed by one of these stray bullets. And after that, El Paso Mayor Charles Edgar "Henry" Kelly got the federal government to send troops into Juarez.

I think there would have to be a repeat of all that for us to do that again.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:58 PM

639 posts, read 714,436 times
NO!!! IT WONT,and heres why, The DEA is never to be exticnt, there is money to be made, violence in Juarez is only a joke in the U.S.A. as far as matters are concern given to the standards of our nation that there are other things that have a higher priority.

Building an unecessary fences which is nothing more than a "smoke screen" on the border for example, what will happen when there are no longer any drug pushers or users to bust? somebody is making money other than the cartels.

Sorry to say that my post is controversal, but it's a fact.

Is the DEA going to be desolve?
or are they going to end up like the IRS, that was solely created to go after 1865 Civil War slave owners?

Old 06-06-2008, 09:52 AM

2,625 posts, read 10,050,046 times
check this article out

2 Texas women wounded in Juárez - El Paso Times

i knew something like this was going to happen eventually!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:06 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
check this article out

2 Texas women wounded in Juárez - El Paso Times

i knew something like this was going to happen eventually!
Those aren't the first people that might have been living in the USA but went back over there for some reason and ran into problems. I wonder if they were drug runners or what their purpose was to be over there.

I would still guess that most of this is gang related and not just people being shot at random. However, I would not suggest to anyone that it was plenty safe to go over there for shopping or to hit the nightclubs.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:35 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Those aren't the first people that might have been living in the USA but went back over there for some reason and ran into problems. I wonder if they were drug runners or what their purpose was to be over there.

I would still guess that most of this is gang related and not just people being shot at random. However, I would not suggest to anyone that it was plenty safe to go over there for shopping or to hit the nightclubs.
Mal this is not just some gang issue.. this is CARTEL issues. Were talking the big boys.. Hand Grenades, Rocket launchers, militia.. the whole nine. People are being caught in the cross fire..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or