U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:06 AM

639 posts, read 716,035 times

Advertisements

So Juarez has become the modern day killing fields of Mexico, how sad but if the situation is that bad then people should exercise common sense and stay away from Juarez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,716,594 times
Default Do You think the U.S will get involved to stop the violence in Juarez?

Not to any large extent.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,054,893 times
Cartels threaten hits in U.S. - El Paso Times

i guess its just a matter of time, before we do get involved, right?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:36 PM

756 posts, read 1,757,154 times
No I do not think we will-we have been able to stop it for a long time and have done nothing.

Old 08-26-2008, 04:23 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,936,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Racist comments aside please.

As you know, the violence in Juarez jas gotten out of control. I was reading in this article on the NEWSPAPER TREE, and it said that the violence in Laredo got so bad that the cartels started fighting with bazookas on the streets. I always tell my wife, that eventually the U.S, is going to end up sending troops to help curb the violence in Juarez. I know alot of you GUN HO Americans will say, "screw that, let them kill all the mexicans they want over there", which is fine & dandy, thats your opinion, but alot of innocent "people" are also losing their lives. Do you think the US, should sent troops to Juarez to stop the violence, before it spills over to El Paso? Like i mentioned before, this isnt a mexican bash fest, so be nice, and reasonable.

heres the link
Juarez, Mexico: It Ain't Kansas - Newspaper Tree El Paso
Wouldn't this have to be at the request of the Mexican Gov't? Are you suggesting the US send troops without the Mexican Government's consent?

Old 08-26-2008, 04:43 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,936,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by histelpaso View Post
El Paso is 80% "Hispanic" (virtually all of Mexican origin), and has an extremely low violent crime rate. We've had 3 murders so far this year, in a community of 700,000.
This is one of the things that has always impressed me with El Paso; one of the lowest crime rates in the US, especially for such a big city.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,532,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Cartels threaten hits in U.S. - El Paso Times

i guess its just a matter of time, before we do get involved, right?
Yep....saw that article in yesterday's paper (Alamogordo Daily News is published 6 days a week, so we get the EPT on Mondays).

I was shocked at the estimate of 900 homicides in Juarez.

I do not want the US involved at all, but I suppose it will be if the violence spills over into EP.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:33 AM

291 posts, read 469,681 times
I do not think it necessary, you see in Nuevo Laredo Tamaulipas violence reach even higher levels of the Juarez and federal police and army virtually besieged the city, and now they're in a better position.

Fix the mess takes time, do not expect immediate results, tranquillity will return to Ciudad Juarez. Violence only be explained by criminals are losing the battle.

Besides Mexican citizens will never allow the U.S. military invade us again. Never! That can be assured.

Regards!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
I agree with antgar. I think we've been too involved with Mexico as it is, it has not benefitted much by the "interaction" over the past 20 years and neither have we.

The instability brought on by open borders and hundreds of thousands of people packing up and heading out, the broken families and villages. The illusion that a "better life" requires leaving children behind to be raised by whoever was left to leave them and money can be sent back by parents, children need parents in the home, not 3000-4000 miles away.

Lowering of wages, the bringing down of the USA economy for the cheap labor goods, very addicting drugs being brought in by the tons to poison American children and youth.

“Poor Mexico, to be so far away from God
And so close to the United States of America.”
Octavio Paz

AND vice versa.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:33 PM

11,215 posts, read 7,612,893 times
Isn't it USA's fault that Juarez and Mexico is in such a bad shape?
If we caused it, why should we interfere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or