U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
874 posts, read 2,652,793 times
Reputation: 870

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
Their business does NOT deal with high end shopping malls to lower end small strip malls! Clearly you have not done your research! Once again, I direct you to www.regencycenters.com to see what they DO deal with. The have absolutely ZERO high end shopping malls. Your statement is false. Furthermore, they have absolutely NO high end or upscale tenants in ANY of their centers. You can go through every single one of their centers and all you'll see are grocery stores, gas stations, fast food restaurants, lower scale department stores, outlets, 99 cent stores, etc.
That is retarded, as I stated before.. I have been to that site many times, they have some awesome centers, that look way more beautiful and upscale than anything we have here. I have been to some of their places personally, and they would look great here and are definitely more upscale than what El Paso currently has. What you consider "high end" is definitely different than what a lot of us consider "high end."

Quote:
Of course some "high-end" malls have fast food restaurants within their food courts, yes, but NO they do not have 99 cent type stores! lol

As far as the Beverly Center - NO they do not have "those type of low end businesses in their mall" as you said. A dollar store at the Beverly Center?! Ha! NO! Also, the Beverly Center is a tourist destination so they do have a handful of lower price-point stores like Forever 21 where even the most unassuming tourist can walk away with a purchase if they can't find anything to fit their budget at Dior.

I repeat - NO Regency is NOT an upscale or highend developer! They have NEVER worked with anything remotely upscale - well, I guess you can count a Nordstrom Outlet as remotely upscale...
My brother worked at the Beverly Center as a manager of the mall, I went with him countless times to that mall and they are upscale..but they had all types of stores located there..Foot Locker, Gymboree, Lids, Macy's, KFC, Panda Express, Quiznos.. to cater to everyone. Heck, I saw all types of classes go to that mall, from movie stars to bums.

Also since you have a fascination with 99cent stores, who has ever said that there would be one at the Fountains? The only person I have ever heard say this is you, just because you think that it might have one, doesn't mean that one was going to be built there.

Ever been to the Glendale Galleria? It has all types of fancy stores there.. I would hardly ever call that place "upscale". The upscale stores do not always make a mall or shopping center "upscale".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2008, 02:33 PM
 
138 posts, read 391,233 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
The first part of your post is obvious and has been stated on here several times already.

You or I don't know exactly what is going to be built there, so saying that it is a dud, is ridiculous especially since everything is just on hold.. it is not canceled. Who cares if it will not have a Nordstroms or a Saks? Most people in El Paso will not care whether a bloomingdales or whatever other "high end" store is there, most here will just be happy with a "high end" shopping center being located there. We are talking about "high end" center .. not store. There is a difference.

ABQ has Uptown, it is really nice.. pretty much upscale.. yet there is no Niemen Marcus, Nordstrum, or whatever.. there. The stores are not the only things that make a mall "upscale". Maybe to you they do, but certainly not to everyone else.
I never said that there had to be a department store there in the first place and I never suggested that be the case.

I have never been to Uptown, but I have heard of some of the tsores they have and, yes, I would say that THAT is an "upscale" shopping center. Of course it doesn't have a Neiman or Nordstrom because it is a shopping center not a mall and does not require a huge department store as an anchor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 02:48 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
874 posts, read 2,652,793 times
Reputation: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
I never said that there had to be a department store there in the first place and I never suggested that be the case.

I have never been to Uptown, but I have heard of some of the tsores they have and, yes, I would say that THAT is an "upscale" shopping center. Of course it doesn't have a Neiman or Nordstrom because it is a shopping center not a mall and does not require a huge department store as an anchor.
LOL! Why would you say it is? Because someone told you it is? LOL! OK.

I have been to Uptown, it is really nice, but it is nice of because of the way it looks and how it was built.. the same thing would apply to the Fountains.. not necessarily because of the stores that are located there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 02:56 PM
 
138 posts, read 391,233 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
That is retarded, as I stated before.. I have been to that site many times, they have some awesome centers, that look way more beautiful and upscale than anything we have here. I have been to some of their places personally, and they would look great here and are definitely more upscale than what El Paso currently has. What you consider "high end" is definitely different than what a lot of us consider "high end."

My brother worked at the Beverly Center as a manager of the mall, I went with him countless times to that mall and they are upscale..but they had all types of stores located there..Foot Locker, Gymboree, Lids, Macy's, KFC, Panda Express, Quiznos.. to cater to everyone. Heck, I saw all types of classes go to that mall, from movie stars to bums.

Also since you have a fascination with 99cent stores, who has ever said that there would be one at the Fountains? The only person I have ever heard say this is you, just because you think that it might have one, doesn't mean that one was going to be built there.

Ever been to the Glendale Galleria? It has all types of fancy stores there.. I would hardly ever call that place "upscale". The upscale stores do not always make a mall or shopping center "upscale".
How is that "retarded"? If you have been to the site then you know what I am saying is true and that they have never even worked with or have any upscale retailers in ANY of their centers. You can build a shopping center out of solid gold and put a Burger King, Blockbuster, and gas station in it, but that doesn't mean it's high end!

Also, I never said that a 99 cent store would be at the Farah site. You are simply putting words in my mouth. What I DID say was that one of Regency's most common retailers are 99 cent-type stores.

As far as the Glendale Galleria, pretty much any major shopping destination in southern California is going to have a wide selection of stores simply because of tourists. Why do you think the Glendale Galleria is anchored by stores ranging from Target to Nordstrom??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 03:01 PM
 
138 posts, read 391,233 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
LOL! Why would you say it is? Because someone told you it is? LOL! OK.

I have been to Uptown, it is really nice, but it is nice of because of the way it looks and how it was built.. the same thing would apply to the Fountains.. not necessarily because of the stores that are located there.
No - Once again, you are putting words in my mouth - I just told why I would say it is: because I have heard of some of the stores they have there:

Apple Store
BCBGMazAzria
L'Occitane en Provence
California Pizza Kitchen
MAC
Anthropologie
Williams-Sonoma

Sorry, like I said before, the STORES are what makes a location upscale, not what the building looks like. Just because Regency might build a nice looking building doesn't mean they can fill it with upscale stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 03:16 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
874 posts, read 2,652,793 times
Reputation: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
How is that "retarded"? If you have been to the site then you know what I am saying is true and that they have never even worked with or have any upscale retailers in ANY of their centers. You can build a shopping center out of solid gold and put a Burger King, Blockbuster, and gas station in it, but that doesn't mean it's high end!

Also, I never said that a 99 cent store would be at the Farah site. You are simply putting words in my mouth. What I DID say was that one of Regency's most common retailers are 99 cent-type stores.

As far as the Glendale Galleria, pretty much any major shopping destination in southern California is going to have a wide selection of stores simply because of tourists. Why do you think the Glendale Galleria is anchored by stores ranging from Target to Nordstrom??
I already told you that I have been to their site, have you?

How does Target, Wal-Mart, Pottery Barn, Kohl's, Blockbuster = 99 cent stores? I really wish everything they sold in those stores would be 99 cents but they are not.. they are major retailers, not "high end" stores either but not cheap 99 cent stores either.

Where is the 99 cent store here?

or here?

or here?

or here?


And these are just some of their shopping centers, the Fountains was looking at becoming a lot more fancier than those places.. maybe the stores would be the same or similar.. but the center was looking at being more "Upscale" than those centers for sure.

Actually, you are the one bringing up 99 cent stores and gas stations, saying that Regency deals with these companies, almost as if that's all they deal with.. when that is just plain dumb. LOL!!!

Ever been to the Glendale Galleria or Beverly Center?

Hmmm, you said that Uptown is upscale.. even though you say you have never been there.. guess what stores they have. Aside from Apple, Black Market, and a few other nice stores.. they pretty much have the same stores we have here already.. Chicos, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, Sunglass hut, Starbucks, Alltel, it is more on the upscale side, because of the way it was built and the way it looks..the same thing would of applied to the Fountains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 03:17 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
874 posts, read 2,652,793 times
Reputation: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
No - Once again, you are putting words in my mouth - I just told why I would say it is: because I have heard of some of the stores they have there:

Apple Store
BCBGMazAzria
L'Occitane en Provence
California Pizza Kitchen
MAC
Anthropologie
Williams-Sonoma

Sorry, like I said before, the STORES are what makes a location upscale, not what the building looks like. Just because Regency might build a nice looking building doesn't mean they can fill it with upscale stores.
LOL! If thats what you call upscale.. then I feel sorry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
The problem with having "high-end" clothing stores here -- where are you going to wear those clothes?

If you need them for when you travel some place else, just buy them when you get there. One nice thing about El Paso, it's more "laid back". People here don't really care what kind of clothes you wear, what kind of car you drive. Since no one's going to be all that impressed why would someone want to spend the extra money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 07:02 PM
 
Location: El Paso, TX
5,080 posts, read 7,665,726 times
Reputation: 1105
Chuco.. to answer your question.

Space 520

Space 112

Space 610

Space 91
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 07:36 PM
 
138 posts, read 391,233 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
I already told you that I have been to their site, have you?

How does Target, Wal-Mart, Pottery Barn, Kohl's, Blockbuster = 99 cent stores? I really wish everything they sold in those stores would be 99 cents but they are not.. they are major retailers, not "high end" stores either but not cheap 99 cent stores either.

Where is the 99 cent store here?

or here?

or here?

or here?


And these are just some of their shopping centers, the Fountains was looking at becoming a lot more fancier than those places.. maybe the stores would be the same or similar.. but the center was looking at being more "Upscale" than those centers for sure.

Actually, you are the one bringing up 99 cent stores and gas stations, saying that Regency deals with these companies, almost as if that's all they deal with.. when that is just plain dumb. LOL!!!

Ever been to the Glendale Galleria or Beverly Center?

Hmmm, you said that Uptown is upscale.. even though you say you have never been there.. guess what stores they have. Aside from Apple, Black Market, and a few other nice stores.. they pretty much have the same stores we have here already.. Chicos, Ann Taylor, Coldwater Creek, Sunglass hut, Starbucks, Alltel, it is more on the upscale side, because of the way it was built and the way it looks..the same thing would of applied to the Fountains.
Once again you are trying to focus in on a single thing I said. I never said they deal with ONLY 99 cent stores. What I said was they do not deal with UPSCALE stores. Just look at the examples you put up: Wal-Mart, Sports Authority, Ross!?! Hardly upscale!

Also, the fact that on your last example (Regency Centers) all of the spaces other than Target, Sports Authority, and PNC Bank are EMPTY should be noted! LOL! They don't have ANY retailers there much less a 99 cent store! HAHAHA!

Here is one of Regency's other 11 centers in Pennsylvania that you "forgot" to post:



WOW! WHAT A SURPRISE!! A DOLLAR STORE! And look at all those other upscale shopping destinations: Payless, Fashion Bug, Shop N Bag!

Spot number 6 is a laundromat! Spot 21 is a Pennsylvania ID Issuer! Spot 23 is a cigarette shop! If ONLY we could get these types of upscale retailers into El Paso with help from Regency who is so experienced in teh upscale retail business!

As far as you saying Uptown is upscale because of the way it was built and the way it looks - Like I said before: build a shopping center made of gold, fill it with Dollar Stores, Wal-Marts, gas stations, and laundromats, and call it "upscale" and people will laugh in your face!

HA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top