U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 08:49 PM

138 posts, read 391,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
LOL! If thats what you call upscale.. then I feel sorry for you.
First of all, the idea that I am being told I don't know what "upscale" is by someone who walks through Saks Fifth Avenue and notices no differences compared to Macy's is so laughable! I am LITERALLY laughing out loud right now!

Hell yes I will consider those stores I mentioned before upscale! Hello! this is Albuquerque and El Paso we are talking about!

Normally I would say some of the retailers I mentioned before that are located at Uptown would be mid-scale (like Apple Store or BCBG for example), but considering the location I would definitely deem them upscale! For example:

BCBGMaxAzria is mid-scale, but in comparision to what the area has right now...say Dress Barn located at Sunland Park Mall: BCBG = upscale.

L'Occitane en Provence > Bath & Body Works

California Pizza Kitchen > Cici's Pizza

MAC > most cosmetic lines. The fact it is a stand-alone store and not a counter inside a department store says a lot

Etc. Etc. Etc. I don't even think I need to go on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 AM

874 posts, read 2,656,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Chuco.. to answer your question.

Space 520

Space 112

Space 610

Space 91
Dude, what are you talking about?

Old 10-20-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj4003 View Post
Once again you are trying to focus in on a single thing I said. I never said they deal with ONLY 99 cent stores. What I said was they do not deal with UPSCALE stores. Just look at the examples you put up: Wal-Mart, Sports Authority, Ross!?! Hardly upscale!

Also, the fact that on your last example (Regency Centers) all of the spaces other than Target, Sports Authority, and PNC Bank are EMPTY should be noted! LOL! They don't have ANY retailers there much less a 99 cent store! HAHAHA!
Another retarded post, what a surprise.

Those are just examples I posted, plus as I stated the Fountains was supposed to be a higher end center, those examples and the one you put up were not.. so keep trying.

BTW, it took you how long to find that dollar store? LOL! keep trying, you are only making yourself look even worse.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 AM

Quote:
First of all, the idea that I am being told I don't know what "upscale" is by someone who walks through Saks Fifth Avenue and notices no differences compared to Macy's is so laughable! I am LITERALLY laughing out loud right now!

Hell yes I will consider those stores I mentioned before upscale! Hello! this is Albuquerque and El Paso we are talking about!

Normally I would say some of the retailers I mentioned before that are located at Uptown would be mid-scale (like Apple Store or BCBG for example), but considering the location I would definitely deem them upscale! For example:

BCBGMaxAzria is mid-scale, but in comparision to what the area has right now...say Dress Barn located at Sunland Park Mall: BCBG = upscale.

L'Occitane en Provence > Bath & Body Works

California Pizza Kitchen > Cici's Pizza

MAC > most cosmetic lines. The fact it is a stand-alone store and not a counter inside a department store says a lot

Etc. Etc. Etc. I don't even think I need to go on!
Who said I didn't notice the difference between Saks and Macy's?? Seriously..who said that? You? because surely it wasn't me. LOL!
I've been to both and they are different.

Nordstrom's on the other hand is almost the same as Macy's.. just a little bit fancier that's it. Nicer clothes and more expensive, but some Nordstroms are pretty dull inside them, much like Macy's and Dillard's and such.

Saks only has stores in areas with over a million people. I don't think they would come here unless our income rises dramatically as a city.. and they add Juarez to our EP Metro population. So why they are even being mentioned on this forum, I'm not sure.

BCBGMaxAzria is not upscale, no matter how you try to spin it.

L'Occitane is not upscale either. LOL!

California Pizza Kitchen.. LOL! I've been to several.. definitely not upscale.

MAC, I'm not sure which one that is.. So I can't comment on that.

Good thing you didn't throw in Anthropologie, because then I would of really laughed at you.

Can you go on?.. sure.. you haven't proven anything yet, other than sounding a bit silly.

Uptown, on the other hand does look upscale and it only has some mid-scale to low-end stores.. but, it totally feels like an upscale place to me, at least when I visited the place. It's not like they had Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Bloomingdale's, Gucci, Armani, Saks or anything like that.. but its nice enough to give it that fancy feel why you are there. The style of the mall has a lot to do with the upscale feel it has, not necessarily the stores.
BTW, the Hunt family out of El Paso built Uptown in ABQ, now how many upscale centers have they done besides Uptown? Since you like to talk crap about Regency... Almost as if Regency could never build an upscale mall or something. LOL!

ABQ Uptown

Old 10-20-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Normally I would say some of the retailers I mentioned before that are located at Uptown would be mid-scale (like Apple Store or BCBG for example), but considering the location I would definitely deem them upscale!
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum. Normally you would call those places mid-scale, but because they are located in Uptown, they have now magically become up-scale to you. LOL! That's completely retarded!

BTW, none of the places you mentioned are up-scale.. none of them!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:09 AM

5,080 posts, read 7,686,483 times
Quote:
Dude, what are you talking about?
You asked where the 99 cent stores were in the pictures, I was answering you. I was making light of a conversation that is getting way too heated and interjecting some humor.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this forum. Normally you would call those places mid-scale, but because they are located in Uptown, they have now magically become up-scale to you. LOL! That's completely retarded!

BTW, none of the places you mentioned are up-scale.. none of them!
Uh no. I was not referring to "where they are located" as being the Uptown shopping center. I was referring to them being located in a city like ABQ which does not really have any higher end stores.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Who said I didn't notice the difference between Saks and Macy's?? Seriously..who said that? You? because surely it wasn't me. LOL!
I've been to both and they are different.

Nordstrom's on the other hand is almost the same as Macy's.. just a little bit fancier that's it. Nicer clothes and more expensive, but some Nordstroms are pretty dull inside them, much like Macy's and Dillard's and such.

Saks only has stores in areas with over a million people. I don't think they would come here unless our income rises dramatically as a city.. and they add Juarez to our EP Metro population. So why they are even being mentioned on this forum, I'm not sure.

BCBGMaxAzria is not upscale, no matter how you try to spin it.

L'Occitane is not upscale either. LOL!

California Pizza Kitchen.. LOL! I've been to several.. definitely not upscale.

MAC, I'm not sure which one that is.. So I can't comment on that.

Good thing you didn't throw in Anthropologie, because then I would of really laughed at you.

Can you go on?.. sure.. you haven't proven anything yet, other than sounding a bit silly.

Uptown, on the other hand does look upscale and it only has some mid-scale to low-end stores.. but, it totally feels like an upscale place to me, at least when I visited the place. It's not like they had Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Bloomingdale's, Gucci, Armani, Saks or anything like that.. but its nice enough to give it that fancy feel why you are there. The style of the mall has a lot to do with the upscale feel it has, not necessarily the stores.
BTW, the Hunt family out of El Paso built Uptown in ABQ, now how many upscale centers have they done besides Uptown? Since you like to talk crap about Regency... Almost as if Regency could never build an upscale mall or something. LOL!

ABQ Uptown
Saks was mentioned as an example of a higher-end upscale store in comparison to Nordstrom. NordstroM.

You basically just agreed with me in the rest of your comment because we said the same thing. I also said that generally most of the stores there might be considered mid-scale, but because of their location (in a city with nearly no upscale-type stores), the mid-scale would be considered upscale.

As far as the stores you mentioned not being upscale - uhhh...I gave examples of why they would be considered upscale in the ABQ market already. Also, fo ryou to claim to know what is and isn't upscale when you don't even know what MAC is...that's funny to me.

Finally, Anthropologie is upscale for sure and the fact that you said you would have "laughed" if I would have said so is making ME laugh! Everyoen knows Anthropologie is an upscale store! You can google it and I'm sure someone has mentioned it! (Actually I just found it on Wikipedia - hmmm...read the very first sentence... Anthropologie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

You clearly do not know to much about retail business models or market characteristics. Additionally, I think that you (and maybe a handful of others) are a bit confused regarding the terms "high-end" and "upscale". High-end and upscale DO NOT MEAN "luxury". There is a clear difference between a "high-end"/"upscale" store like Anthropologie and a "luxury"/"luxury good" store like Louis Vuitton. When I say a store or brand is "upscale" that doesn't mean it is up there with the Guccis and Armanis of the world.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Another retarded post, what a surprise.

Those are just examples I posted, plus as I stated the Fountains was supposed to be a higher end center, those examples and the one you put up were not.. so keep trying.

BTW, it took you how long to find that dollar store? LOL! keep trying, you are only making yourself look even worse.
Yeah..."supposed to be" higher end...HA!

How long did it take me to find that? About 10 seconds. I noticed the examples you put up were from Pennsylvania, I went to Regency's site and looked up their centers in Pennsylvania...the first one I clicked on had a grocery store, but no Dollar Store, the second one I clicked on was the one I posted that (surprise, surprise) has a Dollar Store! HA!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:42 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,686,483 times
Oh I know lets build a big stupid lake in the middle of the desert, and then make a fake water fall, and a fake this and that.. oh yeah that is so much better than a fake high end shopping mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or